Brand ambassadors

Talks lately about brand ambassadors got me thinking.. what riders do you associate with what brand and who should the ambassadors be.. Like when you think of a brand who is the first rider that comes to mind? Mine is;

Kawasaki - RV
Honda - MC
Suzuki - RC
Yamaha - CR (when he retires)
KTM - Dunge
Husky - Anderson I guess?
|
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
12/7/2018 7:06pm
Good topic. I agree with almost all your picks but unsure about Yamaha.
12/7/2018 7:12pm
Myke wrote:
No one else really springs to mind for Yamaha that is recently retired, or is a real Yamaha guy? to me RV is not the fit
TXDirt
12/7/2018 7:14pm
Brand Ambassadors are a joke.

The Shop

Alex814
12/7/2018 8:23pm
Assuming in the USA:

KTM - Ryan Dungey
Husqvarna - Ryan Sipes
Yamaha - Doug Henry
Honda - Trey Canard
Suzuki - Ricky Carmichael
Kawasaki - Jeremy McGrath

Talisker
12/7/2018 10:15pm
Myke wrote:
McGrath for Yamaha
Nobody for Honda..... they don't deserve it!!!!!
Braz
Fantasy
1033rd
12/7/2018 10:25pm
Kawi- Bubba
Suzuki- TP199
Honda- RC
KTM- Dunge
Yamaha- McGrath
Husky- Brownie
12/7/2018 10:48pm
The sport doesn't need Brand ambassadors! If a successful rider retires and stays on with his brand as an 'advisor' and subsequently does promo work for that brand then I get it, but to hire someone and label their job as a brand ambassador is just a pretentious nonsense. And to hire a man never to have professionally raced on that brand is simply bullshit. If yamaha can hire RV as a brand ambassador, they could hire Brad Pitt (or enter any celebrity name) for the same role?!
Sully
12/7/2018 11:52pm
The sport doesn't need Brand ambassadors! If a successful rider retires and stays on with his brand as an 'advisor' and subsequently does promo work for...
The sport doesn't need Brand ambassadors! If a successful rider retires and stays on with his brand as an 'advisor' and subsequently does promo work for that brand then I get it, but to hire someone and label their job as a brand ambassador is just a pretentious nonsense. And to hire a man never to have professionally raced on that brand is simply bullshit. If yamaha can hire RV as a brand ambassador, they could hire Brad Pitt (or enter any celebrity name) for the same role?!
It’s a job title for guys who do exactly what your second sentence says. Why does it bother you?
12/7/2018 11:59pm
The sport doesn't need Brand ambassadors! If a successful rider retires and stays on with his brand as an 'advisor' and subsequently does promo work for...
Sully wrote:
It’s a job title for guys who do exactly what your second sentence says. Why does it bother you?
"bother me"- thats an interesting way to describe it.. It doesn't 'bother' me, I just don't see the point in it.

Will I buy a Yamaha because RV is the ambassador for it? No. Would I buy or not buy any brand because anyone was an ambassador for it? No.

Come to think of it, aren't ALL contracted riders 'brand ambassadors' for their current employer?? That's their job, no?
K'Roc is currently a brand ambassador for Honda, right?
Eli- Kawi.
And so on..
12/8/2018 12:02am
Sully wrote:
There appears to be a trend on this forum that if you have an opinion on something, no matter what the subject, someone thinks you are bothered by it, or are butthurt by it and it's none of your business and you shouldn't concern yourself with it.
FFS man, it's only an opinion!
Sully
12/8/2018 12:10am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2018 12:11am
Sully wrote:
"bother me"- thats an interesting way to describe it.. It doesn't 'bother' me, I just don't see the point in it. Will I buy a Yamaha...
"bother me"- thats an interesting way to describe it.. It doesn't 'bother' me, I just don't see the point in it.

Will I buy a Yamaha because RV is the ambassador for it? No. Would I buy or not buy any brand because anyone was an ambassador for it? No.

Come to think of it, aren't ALL contracted riders 'brand ambassadors' for their current employer?? That's their job, no?
Eli- Kawi.
And so on..
So if you don’t like Brand Ambassador, what would you call a guy who represents a brand in public?
12/8/2018 12:45am
Sully wrote:
So if you don’t like Brand Ambassador, what would you call a guy who represents a brand in public?
I call them riders.

K'Roc
Cole Seeley
Eli Tomac
Marv
Cooper
Weston
Justin
Chad
The list goes on. They are all 'brand ambassadors'.

Dunge- retired from racing, still seen riding an orange bike when he fancies it. Still wears a KTM coat when he's on tv... Not announced as or given job title as Brand ambassador- KTM already have the brand ambassadors- Cooper & Marv.
keinz
12/8/2018 1:31am
TXDirt wrote:
Brand Ambassadors are a joke.
No. It's not
12/8/2018 2:17am
The point basically is they are still a sponsored rider representing the brand at races they do.. yes all racers are brand ambassadors but retired legends that are still around are still sponsored in exchange for brand representation.
12/8/2018 3:33am
I may associate RV with Kawasaki due to his longer racing career with them, but of all the brand ambassadors out there, he is the best one out there for Yamaha. He brings more visibility to his product than any other ambassador. He also links the Yamaha brand to the fun and joy of racing and hanging out with your buds at the track/trails. That is why most of us are in the sport.
12/8/2018 3:39am
Eazy one:

Yamaha: Mcgrath

Kawasaki: J.Stewart

Suzuki: Carmichael

KTM: R.Dungey

Honda: Ricky Johnson

Husqvarna: No one for now but Anderson once retired

agn5009
12/8/2018 3:46am
Sully wrote:
"bother me"- thats an interesting way to describe it.. It doesn't 'bother' me, I just don't see the point in it. Will I buy a Yamaha...

Eli- Kawi.
And so on..
Not everyone is you.
ATKpilot99
12/8/2018 4:11am
Is Emig still the Husqvarna brand ambassador ?
kb228
12/8/2018 4:19am
Just who i think of first when i think of the brands

Kawi - rv, mitch payton, tomac
Honda - kdub, roczen
Suzuki - rc
Yamaha - mc barcia or reed
Ktm - dungey or cairoli
Husky - osborne or anderson

Doddy
12/8/2018 4:49am
Kawi- Emig
KTM- Dungey
Honda - McGrath
Yamaha - Henry. They should give him a new bike too.
Husky - Anderson ?
Suzuki - TYLER
CM_84
12/8/2018 5:21am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2018 5:38am
Sully wrote:

Eli- Kawi.
And so on..
Exactly, all contracted riders are also brand ambassadors, it’s just a title. They all do it, but exactly how they go about it differs.

It’s marketing, all of these guys get eyeballs on product. People still want to see what RV is up to, and when they see him on a Yamaha, they might think “oh man that bike looks cool” and it doesn’t mean they instantly want to buy a Yamaha because RV is on it. But when they are in the market for a new bike they might conciously or sub-consciously think “man Yamahas are cool bikes, I think I’ll go take a look at the YZ”

Considering how much money goes into getting a bike from drawing board to the shop floor, marketing is a cheap expense.

Vital members also need to realize we aren’t the “normal consumer” most people that buy motorcycles don’t watch racing every weekend.
Love him or hate him, i guarantee Axel Hodges gets more eyeballs than a 10th place 250 guy.

Oh and I am sure Yamaha would love to have Brad Pitt as a brand ambassador, but he is going to cost a little more than RV.

kb228
12/8/2018 5:27am
Doddy wrote:
Kawi- Emig
KTM- Dungey
Honda - McGrath
Yamaha - Henry. They should give him a new bike too.
Husky - Anderson ?
Suzuki - TYLER
Tyler rides suszukis not suzukis
Eddy
12/8/2018 6:55am
Yamaha = Damon Bradshaw
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
12/8/2018 7:15am
Eddy wrote:
Yamaha = Damon Bradshaw
Thats what i was gonna Say , i could See Emig too , when i picture yamaha's i see those two
Nighttrain
12/8/2018 7:18am
Talks lately about brand ambassadors got me thinking.. what riders do you associate with what brand and who should the ambassadors be.. Like when you think...
Talks lately about brand ambassadors got me thinking.. what riders do you associate with what brand and who should the ambassadors be.. Like when you think of a brand who is the first rider that comes to mind? Mine is;

Kawasaki - RV
Honda - MC
Suzuki - RC
Yamaha - CR (when he retires)
KTM - Dunge
Husky - Anderson I guess?
I was thinking the same thing. And how when you’re young and impressionable things kinda stick with you:
Kawasaki - Jim Weinert
Suzuki - Mark Barnett
Yamaha - Bob Hannah
Honda (Mugen) - Johnny O’Mara
Honda - Donnie Hansen
Can-Am - Jim Holley
Maico - Barry Higgins
BobPA
12/8/2018 7:53am
Honda - MC
Kawasaki - RV
Yamaha - Not sure
Suzuki - RC
KTM - The Dunge
Husky - Not sure

RV on blue is just as funny as Emig on Husky, or even MC on green...
12/8/2018 8:21am
MC rode Kaw when he was young. RV rode yamahas when he was young. Does not matter. It is nothing more than a paid position for marketing purposes at events that their riders dont necessairly attend. Nothing more.

Post a reply to: Brand ambassadors

The Latest