Brand New bike that has problems immediately

Related:
Create New Tag

5/31/2019 11:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2019 11:46 AM

WW444 wrote:

Kawasaki just rebuilt my motor for a major engine vibration I was having on my 18 KX250f with 3 hours on it. Took it in to ...more

there has been a number of issues with PC pipes breaking the tab off the subframe of 19 kx450's,

never understood why the aftermarket companies solid mount the pipes, they all use the std rubbers for the 2 strokes mufflers,

|

5/31/2019 11:57 AM

WW444 wrote:

Kawasaki just rebuilt my motor for a major engine vibration I was having on my 18 KX250f with 3 hours on it. Took it in to ...more

scott_nz wrote:

there has been a number of issues with PC pipes breaking the tab off the subframe of 19 kx450's,

never understood why the ...more

Yeah I knew of the pc pipes breaking the tabs on the 19 450s but Im talking about the pc pipe on my 250. I have a 19 kx450 as well but haven't put exhaust on it yet. The pc pipes are now rubber mounted for them though because of the tab issue. I called Pro circuit to see if they can replace my bracket with a rubber grommet for my 250 and they haven't gotten back to me yet. Yoshimura pipes are rubber mounted so I may have to go with that for the 250.

|

5/31/2019 12:12 PM

I still think this guy should "game the system." At the very least go to your local track and have a buddy film you on the start gate. Look into the camera and say, "My awesome new KX450. Launch Control is ready to go and I'm going to see how it works by revving this green monster to the moon and letting the clutch fly!" Next, rev the bike until the limiter kicks in and starts popping and pinging. Dump the clutch and loop out. Have your buddy doing the filming come up to you as you lie on the ground screaming and writhing in pain (whether real or fake doesn't matter) and get some good footage of you rolling around and holding your legs or arms or neck or all the above or whatever. Next, if you don't actually need crutches or a wheelchair, borrow one or the other (or both) and have yourself wheeled into the dealership with the video ready to play. This should result in you getting an oiled filter and a repaired launch control. They might even be so sympathetic as to offer you free fork oil for life.

Or, you could follow my original advice and just jump off a building or out of a tall pine tree. However, I recommend you land on grass or soft soil if you pursue that route.

|

5/31/2019 12:36 PM

Markee wrote:

Every time I buy a new bike I miss work and loose gas money to get the filtered oiled from the dealership, I'll learn one day! ...more

Harry Backmon wrote:

If you get a cat this won't be an issue.

Thank you for restoring my faith in the system Harry Bro

|

5/31/2019 12:46 PM

OP, here's where you need to be..

Photo

|

5/31/2019 4:53 PM

Dear OP, you are way to soft for mx. Sell it and buy some golf clubs.

|

6/1/2019 1:57 AM

Sell your apartment and buy one closer to a dealer

|

6/1/2019 2:52 AM

I just wouldn’t have bought a Kawasaki

|

6/1/2019 5:47 AM

Harry Backmon wrote:

I still think this guy should "game the system." At the very least go to your local track and have a buddy film you on the ...more

To get the full effect it really needs to be snowing muffler packing in the video

|

6/1/2019 7:02 AM

Having had probably 20 new "race bikes" cause that's what they are, I always started them before I left dealerships checked clutch engagement brakes etc. some dealers even have little dirt areas they use after they " set up" bikes so I would do ride it just to check it out for basics. Then take it home and tear it down lube every thing, check clickers etc. in old days jap bikes came with what we used to call fish oil in the forks lol . So that said change all fluids to good quality shit make all adjustments. A true racer would never ride a bike until set up properly. Good luck

|

6/3/2019 9:28 PM

My husky had leaking countershaft seal on the first ride. Was cheaper to just replace myself instead of driving to the dealership. The slave cylinder failed as well with under 2 hours on it. I put on a rekluse manual slave as the replacement magura parts are faulty as well. And yes, tear down everything and grease/torque it down yourself when buying brand new. Just part of buying new...

|

6/6/2019 8:22 AM

I want an update...

|

6/6/2019 10:12 AM

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

No different than buying a car. You have issues and they don’t just send you new parts. They need to diagnose it themselves ...more

mattyhamz2 wrote:

This 100%!

I've never bought a brand new bike and not oiled the filter myself.
All issues need to be handled at the dealer ...more

will4796 wrote:

That was the same scenario when I bought the bike, had to already take time off work to go pick up the bike. My 18 Crf 250r ...more

Geez a bit over dramatic?!

And no a lemon law does not work like that FYI. If you have to take the car back 3 times for the same “major” issue then the lemon law can be applied.

|

6/6/2019 11:19 AM

Harry Backmon wrote:

I still think this guy should "game the system." At the very least go to your local track and have a buddy film you on the ...more

GrapeApe wrote:

To get the full effect it really needs to be snowing muffler packing in the video

Grape! Yeah man, that would be perfection and not really that hard to rig up.

laughing laughing laughing

|