Brand New bike that has problems immediately

kb228
5/30/2019 5:05pm
I think I'm the only one that sees why this guy isn't happy. I've never bought a brand new bike before, but I'd hope it would...
I think I'm the only one that sees why this guy isn't happy. I've never bought a brand new bike before, but I'd hope it would come ready to ride with no issues. I also live an hour away from the nearest dealer (which is shit) and wouldn't want to take time off work to deal with it.
will4796 wrote:
I guess I am out of line for thinking a bike shouldn't have issues when its brand new...
Youre out of line for being too lazy to drive your happy ass to the dealer. Kawasaki has a 15 hour warranty on their dirtbikes. Take it there and theyll fix it.

If you cant accept that fact then you might as well sell it and take the loss.

EVERY NEW PRODUCT IS PRONE TO DEFECTS. I dont care if its a spoon or a ferrari. theyre not perfect.
McDuff
5/30/2019 6:01pm
Since it's green, wouldn't it be more appropriately covered under a lime law? If they don't have one of those where you live, you may be sol.
DPR250R
5/30/2019 6:16pm
I’d be worried about the sprocket bolt torque if the bike is in that bad a shape.
toostroke
5/30/2019 6:47pm Edited Date/Time 5/30/2019 6:47pm
$300 in gas?!? What are you driving 30 hours away in a 18 wheeler?

The Shop

Goon126
5/30/2019 7:16pm
Brand new bike and you wanna run the stock air filter? Get a twin air sheesh
Frank
5/30/2019 7:31pm
1. There is a 68 page thread on this bike that has never left the front page in 6 months. Might want to read it.
2. None of the mcf's ship bikes race ready with filters oiled, bearings properly greased, etc. Its the first damn thing you do yourself when buying a $8,000 race bike. Everyone knows this. Except you.
3. If you didn't know these things you also don't know how to use the launch control. Ignorance is not an excuse.

lawson34
5/30/2019 7:37pm
Love my 19 I didn't grease my bike as soon as I got it and this happened
lawson34
5/30/2019 7:38pm
Other than this minor incident which I took care of pretty quick it's the best bike I've ever threw a leg over
Jharper
5/30/2019 7:39pm
I wonder if OP checked that he has the proper power band or whether or not his muffler bearings are even greased
lawson34
5/30/2019 7:47pm
Jharper wrote:
I wonder if OP checked that he has the proper power band or whether or not his muffler bearings are even greased
The red ones or the blue?
bvm111
5/30/2019 7:47pm Edited Date/Time 5/30/2019 7:48pm
I always thought the launch control was the clutch lever... guess I am just old school
Jharper
5/30/2019 7:49pm
Jharper wrote:
lawson34 wrote:
Kawi doesn’t come with purple and or green?
lawson34
5/30/2019 7:50pm
bvm111 wrote:
I always thought the launch control was the clutch lever... guess I am just old school
I've tried my launch control a few time, still feels like a 450 to me
lawson34
5/30/2019 7:51pm
Jharper wrote:
lawson34 wrote:
Jharper wrote:
Nope red and blue
hellion
5/31/2019 4:47am Edited Date/Time 5/31/2019 4:49am
This thread just highlights how much our machinery has changed and with it the riders. Before my era (70’s), you didn’t ride if you didn’t own a welder or have a best friend with one. A decade later (80’s), you’d better know how to do a motor swap between motos, top ends almost weekly and keep a lot of hardware tight. In the nineties it began to be more about tuning and sending suspension and cylinders out to be modded but not much was breaking any more. 00’s brought new challenges with four stroke carburetors and we all had to become jetting experts all over again, but otherwise the bikes were solid. Now, with FI and electric start, bikes are so easy to ride and own that non mechanically inclined riders can get by pretty easily.

Thus, dealers ought to at least oil the filters and maybe suggest the owner grease his linkage. Silencer packing, that’s probably an excess thread or three that were hung up during assembly, non issue. Start control I have a feeling is going to be user error but if not, then this is really the only thing the dealer has to take care of. In the end, these machines are still dirt bikes, racing models even, they shouldn’t be thought of in the same way as a car or even a street legal m/c.
ns503
5/31/2019 5:36am
Were PDI fees charged?
BR8ES
5/31/2019 5:39am
Jharper wrote:
lawson34 wrote:
Jharper wrote:
That was the 90s.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
5/31/2019 5:43am
Markee wrote:
Every time I buy a new bike I miss work and loose gas money to get the filtered oiled from the dealership, I'll learn one day!
If you get a cat this won't be an issue.
I got a big harry one.
DA498
5/31/2019 5:57am
Are we still complaining about a lightly oiled air filter! WTF!
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
5/31/2019 6:15am
Yes. I won’t put them on blast because they are good people in general and sold me bikes and parts at cost for years. Goes to...
Yes. I won’t put them on blast because they are good people in general and sold me bikes and parts at cost for years. Goes to show BS happens everywhere. It’s just human error.
if the dealer isnt open weekends, maybe you can work a deal with owner or manager to bring the bike to him on the weekend and he can bring to the shop?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
5/31/2019 6:27am
I think I'm the only one that sees why this guy isn't happy. I've never bought a brand new bike before, but I'd hope it would...
I think I'm the only one that sees why this guy isn't happy. I've never bought a brand new bike before, but I'd hope it would come ready to ride with no issues. I also live an hour away from the nearest dealer (which is shit) and wouldn't want to take time off work to deal with it.
STLSharky wrote:
Nope I see it his way too fuck these assholes. A new motorcycle should come ready to fucking go. Not only is it how it should...
Nope I see it his way too fuck these assholes.
A new motorcycle should come ready to fucking go.

Not only is it how it should be with anything you buy but they charge you a bullshit prep charge for putting a few parts on.

I have had to tear down every new bike just to protect myself from these non caring retailing assholes that call themselves professionals.

What the fuck do you ssshats think warranty
Administration would say if you rode bike first
Day and found out air filter wasn’t oiled correctly and dirt cussed the failure? You guessed it not warranted.

And you know what? Riding a not ready to race
Race bike or dirt bike causes damage.

What the hells wrong with you idiots.

If you bought a new car and they told you might have lube your suspension or wheel bearings or air up your new tires before driving you’d say fuck you deaker, really?
Chill out dude. Everyone knows damn well that most bikes don’t have a warranty. Yamaha, KTM and Husky do, but none of the others do. Does it suck? Ya 100%, but usually if it’s something big the manufacture will handle it. Other than the issue with the start device, The other stuff is nothing.
jtiger12
5/31/2019 8:17am
My 17 crf450 (alot of them) came brand new with a skid plate anchor that just turns in the frame. Still haven't fixed it, I just use zip ties
.kyle
5/31/2019 8:50am Edited Date/Time 5/31/2019 8:51am
will4796 wrote:
I guess I am out of line for thinking a bike shouldn't have issues when its brand new...
kb228 wrote:
Youre out of line for being too lazy to drive your happy ass to the dealer. Kawasaki has a 15 hour warranty on their dirtbikes. Take...
Youre out of line for being too lazy to drive your happy ass to the dealer. Kawasaki has a 15 hour warranty on their dirtbikes. Take it there and theyll fix it.

If you cant accept that fact then you might as well sell it and take the loss.

EVERY NEW PRODUCT IS PRONE TO DEFECTS. I dont care if its a spoon or a ferrari. theyre not perfect.
15 hours? Wow. I made use of the 6 month Kawasaki warranty back in 2006 because my 06 kx125 had a casting flaw in the cylinder causing a drip of coolant to come out through the cylinder wall.

Times have changed.
brocster
5/31/2019 8:50am
Filter more than likely has oil just not the kind or amount that you would see if doing it on your own, same for bearings

New bikes blow out loose packing from manufacturing more often than you think or see. Crank a new bike and put your hand by the silencer and rapp the throttle, your hand will get hit with all kinds of shit. Same for new pipe silencer installs.

I would suggest reading the manual on how launch control works, also would like to know how you determined it wasn’t based on your first two issues and diagnosis???

Sucks if you really have an issue though, but the first two definately are not.
hogkiller
5/31/2019 9:28am
Shaggin589 wrote:
I can’t believe there is even talk of a lemon law in this thread for some silencer packing, a couple ounces of filter oil and probably...
I can’t believe there is even talk of a lemon law in this thread for some silencer packing, a couple ounces of filter oil and probably an easy fix launch control issue. What is this world coming to
I fully agree with your comments ….But Correct Me If I'm Wrong don't you pay Hundreds of Dollars for dealer prep ??? for that reason I should expect not to have to oil my filter pack my silencer and fix my launch control . that said I know it is never done, and you cant trust any dealer to do what he is taking your money to do..

don't buy a new bike from a dealer ,save on price of the bike, tax , dealer prep, doc fee , any other fee they want
5/31/2019 9:53am
PDI from a dealer is uncrating and assembling your bike, checking oil tire pressures putting gas in it and taking it for a quick test ride to make sure it shifts the brakes work etc. Unless you go to more of a moto dealer they don't have the knowledge to grease your steering stem during assembly and oil your filter (my dealer).

Some packing coming out of your exhaust is normal as stated above especially on a Kawi or Suz.

You seem to be doing your best at ensuring a terrible relationship with your dealer moving forward. A very vital relationship should you have REAL problems with your bike.
WW444
5/31/2019 9:57am
Kawasaki just rebuilt my motor for a major engine vibration I was having on my 18 KX250f with 3 hours on it. Took it in to them and they performed tear down and found a side main bearing intermittently seizing. Kawasaki took care of everything for me and the dealer was the best experience I could ask for. BUT I still had vibration.. ended up being my brand new Pro Circuit TI6 Pro exhaust system because it is solid mounted and not rubber mounted. A fellow vital member mentioned it so I put my stock exhaust back on(rubber mounted) and no more vibration. I could not believe the solid mounted system was causing so much vibration. Has anyone experienced this with theirs because I believe all pro circuit and fmf are solid mounted for 250s. None of my previous 250s had this problem with exhaust... So moral here is Kawasaki goes far and beyond for their customers and I have bought several new bikes from them and I will continue to.So even though the circumstances don't comfort you. Give them a chance and they will make it right.
lawson34
5/31/2019 10:03am
I think the bikes are almost assembled out of the crate, the factory are the ones not greasing the linkages and triple clamps, pretty sure the forks are way low on fluid too just sayin... look for the 19 ride review thread it'll tell you everything u need to know about the bike
5/31/2019 11:01am Edited Date/Time 5/31/2019 11:09am
lawson34 wrote:
I think the bikes are almost assembled out of the crate, the factory are the ones not greasing the linkages and triple clamps, pretty sure the...
I think the bikes are almost assembled out of the crate, the factory are the ones not greasing the linkages and triple clamps, pretty sure the forks are way low on fluid too just sayin... look for the 19 ride review thread it'll tell you everything u need to know about the bike
Yes they only need to put the front wheel front fender front number plate bars and controls on typically. A good dealer will grease your steering stem though. I did it to 100s of bikes back in the day.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
5/31/2019 11:45am Edited Date/Time 5/31/2019 11:46am
WW444 wrote:
Kawasaki just rebuilt my motor for a major engine vibration I was having on my 18 KX250f with 3 hours on it. Took it in to...
Kawasaki just rebuilt my motor for a major engine vibration I was having on my 18 KX250f with 3 hours on it. Took it in to them and they performed tear down and found a side main bearing intermittently seizing. Kawasaki took care of everything for me and the dealer was the best experience I could ask for. BUT I still had vibration.. ended up being my brand new Pro Circuit TI6 Pro exhaust system because it is solid mounted and not rubber mounted. A fellow vital member mentioned it so I put my stock exhaust back on(rubber mounted) and no more vibration. I could not believe the solid mounted system was causing so much vibration. Has anyone experienced this with theirs because I believe all pro circuit and fmf are solid mounted for 250s. None of my previous 250s had this problem with exhaust... So moral here is Kawasaki goes far and beyond for their customers and I have bought several new bikes from them and I will continue to.So even though the circumstances don't comfort you. Give them a chance and they will make it right.
there has been a number of issues with PC pipes breaking the tab off the subframe of 19 kx450's,

never understood why the aftermarket companies solid mount the pipes, they all use the std rubbers for the 2 strokes mufflers,

Post a reply to: Brand New bike that has problems immediately

The Latest