Brabec wins Sonora Rally by 50 seconds

Related:
Create New Tag

3/21/2020 8:05 AM

Brabec was down a minute going into the last day.

|

3/21/2020 8:15 AM

The real story here is that privateer Skyler Howes came within 50 seconds of beating the Factory Honda Team leader and Dakar winner on substantially inferior equipment. Howes is the real deal.

|

3/21/2020 8:42 AM

Great ride by Howes. From what I read on CN, he had to lead the final day which included quite a bit of sand dunes. Not easy making first tracks.

Also very impressive was the Rottweiler team racing a 790 in Adv class and just missing the overall podium. That thing had to be a handful in the dunes.

|

3/21/2020 8:49 AM

not to take anything away from Skyler, but Brabec had a big time penalty on day one. So the 50 seconds is not the actual difference. Well, officially it is though. Just throwing that out there

|

3/21/2020 9:09 AM

GPrider wrote:

not to take anything away from Skyler, but Brabec had a big time penalty on day one. So the 50 seconds is not the actual difference. Well, officially it is though. Just throwing that out there

You earn a penalty by making a mistake. Some mistakes are crashes, some are penalties. Its all part of the game.

|

3/21/2020 9:29 AM

I hope Howes gets picked up by a major team for 2021

Congrats to Ricky! Keeping us Californians and District 37 guys proud!

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

3/21/2020 6:21 PM

|

3/21/2020 11:17 PM

Did Short race?

|

3/22/2020 7:42 AM

Thanks for posting that 7I3N, that was very cool. Off-road is just such a different atmosphere than sx/mx. Very cool to see these guys so cool with each other at the finish. I’ve always been a fan of Ricky, and I’ve become a huge fan of Skyler in the last couple years. The whole Garrett racing set up seems like a bunch of cool dudes.

|

3/22/2020 10:01 AM

cse wrote:

Great ride by Howes. From what I read on CN, he had to lead the final day which included quite a bit of sand dunes. Not easy making first tracks.

Also very impressive was the Rottweiler team racing a 790 in Adv class and just missing the overall podium. That thing had to be a handful in the dunes.

Definitely great job.

Team Rottweiler said it was an advantage in the dunes though where the 450s struggled to get over them, the big 790 just powered up and over.

|

3/22/2020 4:49 PM

Mit12 wrote:

Did Short race?

No, he said he was gearing up for ABU DHABI DESERT CHALLENGE, but with the pandemic going on in the Middle East also couldn't go there, and it was too late to do the Sonora.

|

Check out my YouTube channel
Follow me on Twitter
Streaming on Twitch

Team Green for Life!