Boysen ignition cover

Related:
Create New Tag

5/26/2018 3:07 PM

I got a new flywheel weight for my 05 kx250 and it hit the stock ignition cover. Are the boysen covers “deeper” than stock? Will the boysen cover hit on the flywheel weight nut as well?

|

5/26/2018 5:53 PM

Im not exactly sure but love their products! I live 2 miles from their shop here in PA and they've always helped out and the covers always look good along with the other products they offer! try giving them a call

|

5/26/2018 6:09 PM

My flywheel actually came with the spacer.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/26/2018 6:10 PM

What I mean is that the Boyesen cover is the same dimension .

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

5/26/2018 6:14 PM

I have a Steahly flyweight and a Boyeson cover and I needed a spacer.

|

5/26/2018 6:23 PM

jtmaster wrote:

I have a Steahly flyweight and a Boyeson cover and I needed a spacer.

Hmm? Maybe Stealthy only includes the spacer for certain bikes. Mine here is about 5mm thick. For a 2006 RM 250. Photo

|

5/26/2018 6:31 PM

Mine is also prob 5mm thick. For a YZ250. I believe they told me for all but the lightest weight, which I forget what they are, you needed a spacer.

|

5/28/2018 1:44 PM

Have an ‘03 KX500 that came with a Stealthy fly wheel weight. I bought a Boyesen ignition cover and it would hit the weight, but the stock cover didn’t. There was no spacer involved.

Hope that helps.

|

Do It In The Dirt!

5/28/2018 1:50 PM

I bought a steahly for my yz250. On the packet it said that the 9 and 11 ounce weights would fit without a spacer, the 13 ounce would need a space. It also said that any aftermarket cover would need a spacer

|