Bowers to race the last few rounds of SX?

fidiot
Edited Date/Time 3/28/2014 7:34am
Bowers was on the PulpMX show 1.5 wks ago and mentioned that his Arenacross team is thinking about racing the last few rounds of SX. Bowers ran really well last year on a PC bike during the last few rounds even winning the final round at Las Vegas. I wonder if there is any chance Mitch will ask him to race the last few rounds for him again this year since AC is out. I think Mitch was down more than one rider on the East coast at this time last year, but I can't remember who was hurt and out. He still has two strong riders in the East division with Davalos and Bagget, so maybe he won't bother trying to fill AC's slot.

Here are his results from last year on the PC bike:

- 4th, round 13, Houston, TX
- 5th, round 14, Minneapolis, MN
- 1st, round 17, Las Vegas, NV
|
mmain62
3/27/2014 5:16am
I hope he does I like Tyler and honestly I think he needs to get out of AX and prove that he can run a full SX season on a 450.
3/27/2014 5:23am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2014 5:38am
Does Mitch put him on AC's bike to help get in-between Davalos and Bogle to assist in the championship?
dboivin
3/27/2014 5:40am
mmain62 wrote:
I hope he does I like Tyler and honestly I think he needs to get out of AX and prove that he can run a full...
I hope he does I like Tyler and honestly I think he needs to get out of AX and prove that he can run a full SX season on a 450.
tyler don't need to "prove" anything. you do realize he's only running arenacross because he is going to college right?
SethGator
3/27/2014 5:53am
I wanna see Jacob Hayes on it or for Wharton at Geico, especially if he can win the title.

The Shop

fidiot
3/27/2014 6:06am
Bowers is under contract with Babbits to race AX one more year. As mentioned, he is in college. I bet he has been making pretty good money cleaning up in the AX series the last four years. I believe his plan is to try and race SX full time after he finishes out his AX contract next year, so we might see him at A1 in 2016. The guy is still young. I believe he turns 23 yrs old in a couple of days.
JBlain619
3/27/2014 6:14am
dboivin wrote:
tyler don't need to "prove" anything. you do realize he's only running arenacross because he is going to college right?
EXACTLY!!! IMO he's the smartest guy in all of moto right now. He races 4 months a yr, makes a good living in AX and is able to go to college so that he will have a career once his motocross days are over!
dgmx
3/27/2014 6:17am
nothing against education at all, but it blows me away how people act as if college is always a good thing, so many kids these days leave college with HUGE debt and no job
IWreckALot
3/27/2014 6:24am
dgmx wrote:
nothing against education at all, but it blows me away how people act as if college is always a good thing, so many kids these days...
nothing against education at all, but it blows me away how people act as if college is always a good thing, so many kids these days leave college with HUGE debt and no job
These guys are the ones that need college more than anyone else. The career of a professional dirt bike rider is extremely short and very few guys make enough to retire. Once they're done racing, they don't know how to do anything else. I agree that there are a lot of degrees that set you up for failure which is a different post all on its own.

As for Bowers, I think he's racing injured still. And when does the AX season end? Would the SX not interfere with the AX season?
jmx411
3/27/2014 6:25am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2014 6:25am
dgmx wrote:
nothing against education at all, but it blows me away how people act as if college is always a good thing, so many kids these days...
Not to change the subject but yes more people should think about going to tech school and learning a trade.

But your statement shows ignorance. To make money you have to spend money and the debt that a college student has to pay is a small amount for the rewards he will get. Yes some can't find jobs but when you go to college for acting, art, music. etc. that is there fault.

Again do your research before you feed the youth of America that college is not a smart choice. I applaud Bowers for getting a degree and setting up the rest of his life after motocross.

Were you to dumb to get into a good school? Is that why you want to put others down?
dboivin
3/27/2014 6:58am
add a few ex pro's to your facebook and read their posts, you'll quickly see why going to college is a better choice...
dgmx
3/27/2014 7:00am
dgmx wrote:
jmx411 wrote:
Not to change the subject but yes more people should think about going to tech school and learning a trade. But your statement shows ignorance. To...
Not to change the subject but yes more people should think about going to tech school and learning a trade.

But your statement shows ignorance. To make money you have to spend money and the debt that a college student has to pay is a small amount for the rewards he will get. Yes some can't find jobs but when you go to college for acting, art, music. etc. that is there fault.

Again do your research before you feed the youth of America that college is not a smart choice. I applaud Bowers for getting a degree and setting up the rest of his life after motocross.

Were you to dumb to get into a good school? Is that why you want to put others down?
whoa buddy who am i putting down? as you said tech schools seem to be the way to go and i agree with you. I also dont think I am "feeding" the youth with anything and I never said dont go to college all I said is people seem to act like its the answer when its not like it was years ago. My wife works at a college in financial aid so I see first hand a lot of horror stories about it. Curious why you brought up art , music, acting? people who go to college for other degrees have the same problems. I wasnt to dumb to go to college I was to passion about life and traveling to go to college and had ZERO interest in it but again never once did i put down any individual for getting an education. maybe YOU are to dumb to comprehend what I said
dgmx
3/27/2014 7:06am
dboivin wrote:
add a few ex pro's to your facebook and read their posts, you'll quickly see why going to college is a better choice...
i dont have facebook and also dont need to add any ex pros to hold my opinion because it had nothing to do with racing vs college it was just about people always being quick to say college is the answer , but since you brought it up im willing to bet if those same racers never pursued their racing dream and went to college they would have a lot of regret and be in the same boat financialy
hvaughn88
3/27/2014 7:15am
dgmx wrote:
jmx411 wrote:
Not to change the subject but yes more people should think about going to tech school and learning a trade. But your statement shows ignorance. To...

dgmx wrote:
whoa buddy who am i putting down? as you said tech schools seem to be the way to go and i agree with you. I also...
whoa buddy who am i putting down? as you said tech schools seem to be the way to go and i agree with you. I also dont think I am "feeding" the youth with anything and I never said dont go to college all I said is people seem to act like its the answer when its not like it was years ago. My wife works at a college in financial aid so I see first hand a lot of horror stories about it. Curious why you brought up art , music, acting? people who go to college for other degrees have the same problems. I wasnt to dumb to go to college I was to passion about life and traveling to go to college and had ZERO interest in it but again never once did i put down any individual for getting an education. maybe YOU are to dumb to comprehend what I said
Maybe you both need to learn the difference between "to" and "too" before you start accusing each other of being dumb.
liam218
3/27/2014 7:15am
I seriously don't get why he's even doing AX, he got amazing results when he was racing supercross. Does anyone know if he's any good at motocross?
dgmx
3/27/2014 7:20am
liam218 wrote:
I seriously don't get why he's even doing AX, he got amazing results when he was racing supercross. Does anyone know if he's any good at...
I seriously don't get why he's even doing AX, he got amazing results when he was racing supercross. Does anyone know if he's any good at motocross?
yes he is good in MX, top 20s, top 10s
dgmx
3/27/2014 7:21am
jmx411 wrote:

dgmx wrote:
whoa buddy who am i putting down? as you said tech schools seem to be the way to go and i agree with you. I also...
hvaughn88 wrote:
Maybe you both need to learn the difference between "to" and "too" before you start accusing each other of being dumb.
i agree, luckily I was not smart enough for college so my excuse has already been pointed out
hvaughn88
3/27/2014 7:29am
liam218 wrote:
I seriously don't get why he's even doing AX, he got amazing results when he was racing supercross. Does anyone know if he's any good at...
I'm obviously not his accountant or anything, but I think it's pretty apparent that he sticks with AX because he's making dolla dolla bills. I applaud him for doing it. Pretty damn smart, if you ask me.
dennisjonon
3/27/2014 7:58am
liam218 wrote:
dgmx wrote:
yes he is good in MX, top 20s, top 10s
what do you mean "is he good at mx"

the kid didn't grow up only racing arenacross. he grew up racing outdoor stuff at am. nationals, where he made his name by kicking majority of peoples asses. end of story. if the dude wants to race just AX and school, more power to him. thats a logical way to live life if you ask me.......
3/27/2014 8:00am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2014 8:01am
A college degree isn't worth shit. The bachelor degree is the new High school diploma. Nobody was in debt for the diploma, our youth is now living with mom and pop in the basement after they have a bachelor degree.

And there is not one person who isn't smart enough for college. It's a big business to funnel gov't student loans back to the colleges. They don't care about you. Most are open enrollment. colleges are popping up everywhere. Check your local JOB postings in the newspaper and there are more College ads than jobs.

Bowers won't be able to make the same amount of money he's making in Arenacross even if he has a Bachelor degree in the current work force. So for him to prove anything except he's the king of supercross is just stupid. Keep making that cash TyBo. Bag the college degree and open up a business. There aren't many livable wage jobs out there like there were in the past.
Juss
3/27/2014 8:02am
mmain62 wrote:
I hope he does I like Tyler and honestly I think he needs to get out of AX and prove that he can run a full...
Didn't Bowers race a 450 in 2009 SX?
dgmx
3/27/2014 8:28am
A college degree isn't worth shit. The bachelor degree is the new High school diploma. Nobody was in debt for the diploma, our youth is now...
A college degree isn't worth shit. The bachelor degree is the new High school diploma. Nobody was in debt for the diploma, our youth is now living with mom and pop in the basement after they have a bachelor degree.

And there is not one person who isn't smart enough for college. It's a big business to funnel gov't student loans back to the colleges. They don't care about you. Most are open enrollment. colleges are popping up everywhere. Check your local JOB postings in the newspaper and there are more College ads than jobs.

Bowers won't be able to make the same amount of money he's making in Arenacross even if he has a Bachelor degree in the current work force. So for him to prove anything except he's the king of supercross is just stupid. Keep making that cash TyBo. Bag the college degree and open up a business. There aren't many livable wage jobs out there like there were in the past.
thank you
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
3/27/2014 8:29am
Like everything, college is what you make of it. It is a microcosm of society. Some go to school and put in minimal to no work, party exclusively, and graduate with shitty grades. These kids will probably struggle to get a job, struggle to keep a job, and cuss college when they find out student loan debt cannot be wiped out by bankruptcy. Those kids shouldn't have gone to college in the first place.

Others go to school and find a healthy balance between partying and studying, learn social and leadership skills, and graduate with confidence, experience and knowledge to start a career. They will start in a better position and at a higher pay grade than if they just had a high school diploma.

In short, there is no hard and fast rule that says college is worth it or not worth it. It's up to the individual. Bowers seems pretty determined to succeed in life, so I'm guessing college will be a good choice for him.
jmx411
3/27/2014 8:39am
A college degree isn't worth shit. The bachelor degree is the new High school diploma. Nobody was in debt for the diploma, our youth is now...

Keep with the open your own business mindset bro. Small businesses are getting ran out of this country. Me on the other hand with my college degree will be retired at 50 and able to live a little bit of my life without working myself in the ground.
level
3/27/2014 8:42am
He is so talented. He honestly could be racing on a team in SX if he wanted to. I am sure he has been offered but turned down so he knows what he's doing.
TeamGreen
3/27/2014 8:47am
He's paid really, really well to race AX.

Funny-thing about Bowers, he seems to make wise & well informed decisions.
EddieC
3/27/2014 8:56am

Hey GeorgiePorgie when you get sick make sure to go visit a facility where the doctor, nurse, histologist, radiologist do not have degrees.

When you want to open that business make sure to work with accountants, lawyers, bank managers, engineers, CFOs, CEOs, COOs, that do not have degrees.

I am sure the person who designed the bike you ride, helmet you wear and fuel you put in the tank do not have college degrees.
Tim507
3/27/2014 8:59am

dgmx wrote:
thank you
Me - no college degree and prior to 2009 I was making mid 6 figures with my own business employing college students who could not or would not aspire to more. Most of my good producing employees were motorcycle racers who needed a job to support their habitSmile . These guys are workers as they have goals and a natural drive to succeed.

College only proves that you have an interest in learning and following directions - it does not equate to big bucks for most of the population. Some graduates make it to the big bucks but they usually have connections and a few have drive. Yes there is lots of good that comes from an education but you need motivation to make it work for you!!!

TB getting educated is awesome and yes he should be applauded. Racing 4 months and focusing on new challenges in the off season is thoughtful planning. As someone else said - he needs or will start his own business and use his natural drive to be very successful.

For the majority of the population tech or trade schools and some continued education is better than paying the system for an education that takes years to payoff!!!

JMHO

Tim
Trav138
3/27/2014 9:24am
Tim507 wrote:
Me - no college degree and prior to 2009 I was making mid 6 figures with my own business employing college students who could not or...
Me - no college degree and prior to 2009 I was making mid 6 figures with my own business employing college students who could not or would not aspire to more. Most of my good producing employees were motorcycle racers who needed a job to support their habitSmile . These guys are workers as they have goals and a natural drive to succeed.

College only proves that you have an interest in learning and following directions - it does not equate to big bucks for most of the population. Some graduates make it to the big bucks but they usually have connections and a few have drive. Yes there is lots of good that comes from an education but you need motivation to make it work for you!!!

TB getting educated is awesome and yes he should be applauded. Racing 4 months and focusing on new challenges in the off season is thoughtful planning. As someone else said - he needs or will start his own business and use his natural drive to be very successful.

For the majority of the population tech or trade schools and some continued education is better than paying the system for an education that takes years to payoff!!!

JMHO

Tim
Not everyone needs "big bucks" to be happy and successful. Many kids come out with degrees that provide an opportunity in fields that will provide a good salary and benefits but will never get "big bucks" and they are fine with that.
Not everyone is cut out to own a business, whats the old saying, for every business that makes it how many fail?
Imo, many kids at 18 have no idea what they want to do, so some are pushed into college and don't make the most of it. If you are focused and have a plan on what you want to do, college is a great tool for many.
MX Culture
3/27/2014 9:28am
I'm going to Salt Lake Arenacross finals this weekend and will try to get some answers.
fidiot
3/27/2014 9:37am
Sitting here during my lunch break, so I decided to do a little digging into AX payout and Kawasaki contingency payout. I wrote down how Bowers finished in each event, and calculated that with one round of AX remaining, he has made $39,800 in purse money and contingency money so far. With one night of racing left, assuming he wins that night, and wins the championship, he will pocket $67,800 for three months of racing AX. The championship pays $25,000 to 1st place. That doesn't include any salary that he is paid from Babbits, or any salary from his gear sponsors etc.

Post a reply to: Bowers to race the last few rounds of SX?

The Latest