Bowers on last nights DQ

TeamGreen
2/18/2019 3:06pm
BR8ES wrote:
Rocket Rex was a hardass back in the old days, not even fair to have his name mentioned along side Bowers.
Rex wouldn’t have hesitated to put Barcia on the ground.
drt410
2/18/2019 3:07pm
GrapeApe wrote:
How do you explain Reed being DQ'q? He was a pretty big name at the time. The common denominator - Reed and Bowers were both carrying...
How do you explain Reed being DQ'q? He was a pretty big name at the time. The common denominator - Reed and Bowers were both carrying out some retaliatory vendetta on the track that the officials can't allow to get out of hand. Oldenberg/Martin, Marvin/Tomac, Alessi/Tickle, etc., those were just arguably way over-aggressive moves with the intention of improving track position.
drt410 wrote:
Kenny was retaliation with Webb from the block pass before (and baby mama drama lol). Hampshires move on AC was retaliation too, just a couple weeks...
Kenny was retaliation with Webb from the block pass before (and baby mama drama lol). Hampshires move on AC was retaliation too, just a couple weeks ago...
GrapeApe wrote:
4010?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
2/18/2019 3:12pm
drt410 wrote:
Kenny was retaliation with Webb from the block pass before (and baby mama drama lol). Hampshires move on AC was retaliation too, just a couple weeks...
Kenny was retaliation with Webb from the block pass before (and baby mama drama lol). Hampshires move on AC was retaliation too, just a couple weeks ago...
GrapeApe wrote:
drt410 wrote:
4010?
I'm counting the number of times you have posted, today. We are now at 40. I think you can hit 50 before dinner.

I didn't mention Roczen/Webb, you did. What did you want them to do, DQ Roczen? Lol. I think he DQ'd himself for the next several months.
TeamGreen
2/18/2019 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2019 3:17pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Psssst...We don't post like that. The minions like to go on their non-racer uninformed rants without our OG inputs. Can you imagine these drama queens actually...
Psssst...We don't post like that. The minions like to go on their non-racer uninformed rants without our OG inputs.

Can you imagine these drama queens actually "being there" when Hannah and Howerton were having their "on track" dispute or do ya think ANY of these millenial Crying Room occupiers would have survived a lap with Rocket Rex?

Bye the way...you missed an awesome day at Glen Helen, yesterday...I even had a "two laps on the ground" experience as Palmer's bike and mine were locked together for TWO LAPS! Got last that Moto...then...1st in my second Moto.

T'was a good day.
BobPA wrote:
Are you trying to talk down on us? Or just using all kinds of “in the know” lingo that is supposed to offend? What’s a Rocket...
Are you trying to talk down on us? Or just using all kinds of “in the know” lingo that is supposed to offend? What’s a Rocket Rex? Is he some kind of takeout artist? Does not take a pile of skill to aim at a front wheel.

Two aggressive guys got together, one got the shit end of the stick. He also broke the most common takeout rule....don’t takeout yourself in the process, D’oh. He also shot himself in the foot by lobbying for cleaner riding, then taking someone out, blatantly, a few days later.

I do not agree with the DQ, but I certainly see where the AMA is coming from.
Rocket Rex Staten? History, dear boy. History.

Also, the continuous reference to “insider” stuff or better yet...”talking down”?
Really?
That’s kinda of like what we call a “tell” at the poker table and reeks of “butt-hurt”.
How about some of the keyboard warriors thinking before they go off like a teenage drama queen after her 1st beer?
How about grown men posting like adults instead of the aforementioned drama queen’s hot mess of sniveling come bitching?

The Shop

chump6784
2/18/2019 3:26pm
chump6784 wrote:
To me it's kind of like when you go to court for drink driving. If it's your first time there you might get the minimum penalty...
To me it's kind of like when you go to court for drink driving. If it's your first time there you might get the minimum penalty the judge can give, if you've been there a number of times the judge is going to throw the book at you. Bowers has been there a few times and got the book thrown at him
Goon126 wrote:
What about all the times Barcia has taken out people????? Just curious to those that have been on Vital for over 7 years. Were people defending...
What about all the times Barcia has taken out people?????

Just curious to those that have been on Vital for over 7 years. Were people defending Barcia back in 2012 for roosting Asterisk medical personnel as much as they are right now?
Barcia got absolutely crucified on here when that happened.

I think the same thing would apply if Barcia pulls the same move Bowers did. He has a history of dirty riding as well. I know there was no penalty given to Barcia for his contact worth Bowers last year but that was nowhere near as dirty move as Bowers was even though the outcome was worse
BR8ES
2/18/2019 3:38pm
BR8ES wrote:
Rocket Rex was a hardass back in the old days, not even fair to have his name mentioned along side Bowers.
TeamGreen wrote:
that is true. Then maybe a crescent wrench to the head later.
motomike137
2/18/2019 3:54pm
BR8ES wrote:
should be pretty easy to punish the obvious, blatant moves where your bike is used as a weapon, but it is not for the powers to...
should be pretty easy to punish the obvious, blatant moves where your bike is used as a weapon, but it is not for the powers to be. Can you imagine if one of the big names was DQ'd for this? Big names always get the speial treatment, sadly. Bowers is correct on the consistency aspects, I will give him that. Big difference bewtween a good blockpass, going for it versus a T-bone punting.
I can't imagine one of the "big names" lining up someones leg with their front tire like Bowers did and that includes Bam Bam. Blatant attempt...
I can't imagine one of the "big names" lining up someones leg with their front tire like Bowers did and that includes Bam Bam. Blatant attempt to injure Barcia is what I saw.
BR8ES wrote:
There has been some pretty blatant take outs and injuries by riders quite high on the food chain.
Name one.
BR8ES
2/18/2019 3:59pm
I can't imagine one of the "big names" lining up someones leg with their front tire like Bowers did and that includes Bam Bam. Blatant attempt...
I can't imagine one of the "big names" lining up someones leg with their front tire like Bowers did and that includes Bam Bam. Blatant attempt to injure Barcia is what I saw.
BR8ES wrote:
There has been some pretty blatant take outs and injuries by riders quite high on the food chain.
Name one.
do your own research and look into this thread already. Wait, it has never happened in your mind apparently and this is a new phenomena.
motomike137
2/18/2019 4:00pm
vetmxr wrote:
You guys talk like Barcia is an angel. I would think if Barcia slammed me as hard as he has done to guys in the past...
You guys talk like Barcia is an angel. I would think if Barcia slammed me as hard as he has done to guys in the past I'm not only never forgetting about it.....but could guarantee that someday soon I'd hit him twice as hard. That goes with anyone including myself. I've hit guys before and I usually cringe under my helmet knowing that is probably not the last I'm gonna see of that guy...... And I have no problem with Barcia personally.

What goes around, comes around. That's what keeps Society Civil....Laughing
I agree right up to the point of going full torpedo with your front wheel into the guys leg. Bowers is guilty of not being smart enough to be more subtle about it. In hockey he'd be known as a goon.
motomike137
2/18/2019 4:02pm
BR8ES wrote:
Name one.
BR8ES wrote:
do your own research and look into this thread already. Wait, it has never happened in your mind apparently and this is a new phenomena.
That's what I thought. You don't have an example of a top guy blatantly injuring another top guy.
BR8ES
2/18/2019 4:05pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2019 4:06pm
Name one.
BR8ES wrote:
That's what I thought. You don't have an example of a top guy blatantly injuring another top guy.
alessi and tickle, grant and alessi come to mind...but what is top to you genious. How about the other recent, blatant takouts?? Fortunate that and inury didn't happen but you can't prove that wasn't an intent. Now gfy.
motomike137
2/18/2019 4:07pm
BR8ES wrote:
BR8ES wrote:
alessi and tickle, grant and alessi come to mind...but what is top to you genious. How about the other recent, blatant takouts?? Fortunate that and inury...
alessi and tickle, grant and alessi come to mind...but what is top to you genious. How about the other recent, blatant takouts?? Fortunate that and inury didn't happen but you can't prove that wasn't an intent. Now gfy.
Lol
BR8ES
2/18/2019 4:08pm
BR8ES wrote:
alessi and tickle, grant and alessi come to mind...but what is top to you genious. How about the other recent, blatant takouts?? Fortunate that and inury...
Lol
lol
Harv379
Fantasy
1988th
2/18/2019 5:26pm
I wouldn't mind never seeing bowers on the track again. Or on pulpmx. Never liked the guy and never will.
2/18/2019 5:35pm
drt410 wrote:
They went for aggressive passes. Bower's went for a take out
TeamGreen
2/18/2019 6:23pm
BR8ES wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
BR8ES wrote:
that is true. Then maybe a crescent wrench to the head later.
Old School Laughing and spilling my beer!

Laughing
Crush
2/18/2019 6:28pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2019 6:33pm
drt410 wrote:
Exactly. Marvs pass on Tomac was just as bad. Barcias slam into Bowers was the worst of them all it jacked up his bike n shattered...
Exactly. Marvs pass on Tomac was just as bad. Barcias slam into Bowers was the worst of them all it jacked up his bike n shattered his leg. Looks can be deceiving. Barcias pass didnt “look” as bad as it was, but it was the worst one, it was season ending. The looks were all there though for Marvin-Tomac, and also for Osborne who was 100% doing it on purpose and to win. Im glad he did though its one of the most epic moments ever in our sport, but if your not going to DQ Marv, dont DQ Bowers. Or if you are going to DQ Bowers, then DQ Marv too. Whichever path they choose, stay on that path. Consistency across all names, not just big names is what makes it fair for those involved.
captmoto wrote:
But those moves were all passes. Maybe stupid and over aggressive but still passes. Bowers pretty much admitted in his statements that it was payback. That...
But those moves were all passes. Maybe stupid and over aggressive but still passes. Bowers pretty much admitted in his statements that it was payback. That was a pure torpedo move. Does he think that move will change Gallaghers mind or get him to see things like Bowers sees it? I really doubt it now.
So if Bowers is says afterwards it was an accident then it'd been let go?

Fucking no way, they're not capable of making those sort of decisions impartially. They've proved not to be.

I don't understand how anyone can argue anything other than we need a process change in the officiating. You can't take the stance that every call they've made is fine because they haven't been consistent.

Hampshire on AC was retaliation. Clearly, and no problem... Bowers on Barcia. DQ. Argument over. You can't argue the intent or execution, the dude ended up on the ground either way, same result for the recipient.
2/18/2019 6:31pm
ferg722 wrote:
Tyler - “AMA needs to hold riders accountable for their actions or it will turn into the Wild West” AMA - *Disqualifies Tyler for blasting into...
Tyler - “AMA needs to hold riders accountable for their actions or it will turn into the Wild West”

AMA - *Disqualifies Tyler for blasting into the side of Barcia knocking the bike literally out from under him

Tyler - “omg this is unfair”

TB is the Kanye West of Moto
Lmao!!! Excellent !! Smile )
45ACP
2/18/2019 6:37pm
45ACP wrote:
I remember seeing some youtube videos in the past of an arenacross racer on a Kawi that would intentionally take people out during races. It was...
I remember seeing some youtube videos in the past of an arenacross racer on a Kawi that would intentionally take people out during races. It was so over the top I couldnt believe what I was seeing. Just blatant takeouts and nobody ever did anything about it. I cant seem to find it now, but was that Bowers?
I asked earlier but got no replies, is Bowers the same guy that used to intentionally clean people out in areanacross?
agn5009
2/18/2019 6:46pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2019 6:48pm
45ACP wrote:
I remember seeing some youtube videos in the past of an arenacross racer on a Kawi that would intentionally take people out during races. It was...
I remember seeing some youtube videos in the past of an arenacross racer on a Kawi that would intentionally take people out during races. It was so over the top I couldnt believe what I was seeing. Just blatant takeouts and nobody ever did anything about it. I cant seem to find it now, but was that Bowers?
45ACP wrote:
I asked earlier but got no replies, is Bowers the same guy that used to intentionally clean people out in areanacross?
Yes he is. He was very well known to put guys on the ground in ax. He came into sx acting like macho man randy ravage.

Bowers and Webb had this “rivalry” in 250s. They’d literally hype up the two of them taking each other out.
danman
2/19/2019 5:45am
Sachmo831 wrote:
The point is he made no attempt to turn. The ama can't stand by and watch blatant takouts. Most riders will atleast turn the bars and...
The point is he made no attempt to turn. The ama can't stand by and watch blatant takouts. Most riders will atleast turn the bars and give the illusion of it being "aggressive racing"
danman wrote:
This is why the DQ was merited. Bowers NEVER ATTEMPTED TO STOP or MAKE THE CORNER! He straight up T-Boned him and that was his intention...
This is why the DQ was merited.
Bowers NEVER ATTEMPTED TO STOP or MAKE THE CORNER! He straight up T-Boned him and that was his intention. Bowers head never stopped looking at the side of Barcia's bike. If he was really trying to make the corner, his head would have been looking where he wanted to go. End of Story.

DQ was EARNED.
drt410 wrote:
Again.... Bowers AGREES that it was earned. People STILL arent reading what he said. He said the consistency is the problem. He agrees that it was...
Again....

Bowers AGREES that it was earned.
People STILL arent reading what he said.
He said the consistency is the problem. He agrees that it was earned, but that other riders ALSO EARNED IT but are not DQ’d. THATS HIS POINT... That Hampshire retaliated against AC... nothing, Bam Bam broke Bowers leg... nothing, Marv demolished Tomac... nothing. Am I going to have to type this again? Someone please at least read what I just wrote if your not going to read what Bowers wrote before you post....
Again,
It was the INTENT. Bowers NEVER intended or even made an attempt at the corner. Bowers intended to T-Bone Barcia and not bother making the corner.
Watch the Barcia/Bowers incident. Barcia was completely sideways as he was trying to pass Bowers. Yes, he did make a TON of contact, but he was in the process of making a pass.
I'm not going to try to speak about the Hampshire/AC incident because I don't remember it.

Maybe you should have read what I posted prior to making your comments that don't make any sense. I did read Bowers statement, but it's just another poor me getting picked on complaint trying to deflect that he is a bully on the track, and when he thinks he's been mistreated, he gets all hot headed and takes it too far.

Bowers is a tool.
danman
2/19/2019 5:46am
45ACP wrote:
45ACP wrote:
Yes!
2/19/2019 8:00am
jacko186 wrote:
BS call to DQ him imo. plenty of worse intentional take outs that haven't had the same punishment. Alessi/Tickle Atlanta 2014 incident for example
I think the whole point was to set a tone that nobodies are not going to go out there and start T-boning front runners. Not that it was right but I think that was the case. Musquins tomac takeout was way worse but they’re front runners so they don’t get that treatment ??‍♂️
2/19/2019 8:58am
I think each instance is looked on as a case by case. Does the rider have a history of overly aggressive riding. Has the rider been...
I think each instance is looked on as a case by case. Does the rider have a history of overly aggressive riding. Has the rider been talked to before about this. Did the rider make a mistake which caused him to be so aggressive on a pass?

Since Bowers has obviously been here before, his actions are going to be dealt with more harshly. Where a first-time offender maybe will get some sort of warning or possibly a fine, unfortunately Bowers has been here too many times before. and it was a blatant take out move, which can easily break someone’s leg.
Wouldn’t of even been looked at if Yamaha didn’t have a tizzy fit. then the “shutup don’t explain and listen to me”penalty ensued.
2/19/2019 8:59am
45ACP wrote:
45ACP wrote:
danman wrote:
Yes!
Different form of racing. You have to move people in arenacross. Everyone cleans everyone out in arenacross. you guys like to compare completely different disciplines.
Bramlett321
2/19/2019 9:24am
45ACP wrote:
danman wrote:
Yes!
Different form of racing. You have to move people in arenacross. Everyone cleans everyone out in arenacross. you guys like to compare completely different disciplines.
You are correct it's not the same but do you guys remember when Bowers hit Coop so hard in a corner that his damn head almost came off ??
2/19/2019 10:00am
soggy wrote:
IMO if your gonna call out bowers for this blatant take out you gotta call out osbourne for his blatant take out on Savatgy in 17...
IMO if your gonna call out bowers for this blatant take out you gotta call out osbourne for his blatant take out on Savatgy in 17. for the championship or not call it what it is
Drtbykr wrote:
$5000 fine on that one. I think Bowers would rather take the DQ than fork over 5G.

For Zach’s, his fine was an excellent investment.
I think that’s an excellent post. It’s better to have the monetary option than nothing at all. I don’t think ure gonna find a perfect solution as far as penalties go...especially when considering the difference in earnings between the riders...

I see people who drive like this. They know they are gonna get flashed by the cameras, but make enough money to where it’s peanuts for them. Me on the other hand no way.,.so i drive just under the tolerance limits of the cameras.

Most of the riders don’t make what the top factory guys make....so a 5k fine will make’em think.

I think Bowers’ post has gone over the heads of many, or they are blinded by their dislike of the guy. His message is relevant and really needed. Consistency in judgement and penalties is what’s going to make the biggest impact on riders’ calculus on the track (except the super rich ones with huge bonuses on the line)...?
agn5009
2/19/2019 10:12am
soggy wrote:
IMO if your gonna call out bowers for this blatant take out you gotta call out osbourne for his blatant take out on Savatgy in 17...
IMO if your gonna call out bowers for this blatant take out you gotta call out osbourne for his blatant take out on Savatgy in 17. for the championship or not call it what it is
Drtbykr wrote:
$5000 fine on that one. I think Bowers would rather take the DQ than fork over 5G.

For Zach’s, his fine was an excellent investment.
I think that’s an excellent post. It’s better to have the monetary option than nothing at all. I don’t think ure gonna find a perfect solution...
I think that’s an excellent post. It’s better to have the monetary option than nothing at all. I don’t think ure gonna find a perfect solution as far as penalties go...especially when considering the difference in earnings between the riders...

I see people who drive like this. They know they are gonna get flashed by the cameras, but make enough money to where it’s peanuts for them. Me on the other hand no way.,.so i drive just under the tolerance limits of the cameras.

Most of the riders don’t make what the top factory guys make....so a 5k fine will make’em think.

I think Bowers’ post has gone over the heads of many, or they are blinded by their dislike of the guy. His message is relevant and really needed. Consistency in judgement and penalties is what’s going to make the biggest impact on riders’ calculus on the track (except the super rich ones with huge bonuses on the line)...?
I don’t dislike Bowers at all. I root for him and honestly I’ll continue to do so. However I feel he needed to be punished because we don’t need retaliation type take outs in this sport. I don’t have an issue with rubbing or stuffing in a turn but when you blatantly go straight for someone with the intentions of hurting him, well that’s different. I do respect that Bowers isn’t denying his intentions. That doesn’t change the fact that he intentionally tried to injure someone though.

Oh well. Vital will be over this by next weekend. Hopefully they continue to discuss this behind the scenes and come up with a fair solution for all.

Post a reply to: Bowers on last nights DQ

The Latest