Bottom line crf450 EFI

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2021 3:03 AM

What’s the bottom line with this EFI issue every video I watch says it’s a Unrefined ignition with a noticeable “burble”. The dealer wants 10,600OTD. It’s outrageous but what can ya do. Anyone have luck fixing This??for 10,600 I want a crisp ignition.

|

2/1/2021 4:11 AM

I wouldn't sweat it. I didn't.

Plus honda has a reflash out if you're not into having a tuner reprogram the ecu.

|

2/1/2021 4:20 AM

Rode one for a few laps the other weekend, never felt this gurgle they were all talking about.

|

2/1/2021 8:08 AM

I Know someone working on a fix for this but its not a remap

|

2/1/2021 8:58 AM

lumpy790 wrote:

Up one size on the pilot jet and raise the needle one notch

|

2/1/2021 10:19 AM

lumpy790 wrote:

Is the fix a Y shaped radiator hose in red?

|

2/1/2021 12:05 PM

Yep Honda has released a reflash for this. Make sure they do it before you leave the dealer.

|

2/1/2021 1:05 PM

mike_v812 wrote:

What’s the bottom line with this EFI issue every video I watch says it’s a Unrefined ignition with a noticeable “burble”. The ...more

the "noticeable burble" is only really noticeable if you lug it and in a certain map (I think #1 from memory), as a poster says above Honda has a reflash for the bike...personally I (and 90% of the guys I race with) remap every bike I have regardless of brand. The reflash and/or remap also fixes a potential problem with plug fouling which some have had.

I do know (personal experience) what a hell of a motor the Honda is (and its damn fucking good stock!) with decent remap...I do not think that is any secret to people who own one.

What I do hope for 2022 that Honda introduces a Wifi re-map system like Yamaha and KTM have....fingers crossed.

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

2/1/2021 6:22 PM

Does anyone know if the Honda re-flash fixes all 3 maps or only maps 2 and 3?

|

2/1/2021 6:31 PM

Blue Groove wrote:

I only know of one person that had it done and he said it’s a noticeable difference. He even had it done prior by one of the tuners and he said the Honda remap is better than the tuner remap. But I would assume they would rework all three to fix any low end stumble. I expect to get mine done by next week and I’ll check back.

|

2/1/2021 9:24 PM

That’s awesome Honda is redoing the ECU’s. Has anyone in here ridden the original mapping before the fix and after? 2022 and up should be a badass bike. I hope they make more of them.....

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

2/2/2021 2:31 AM

nick610s wrote:

I only know of one person that had it done and he said it’s a noticeable difference. He even had it done prior by one of the ...more

Ya check back!! for the money, and then having the suspension re-done it’s going to be like a 12k deal!!!w00t but then to be chasing down an EFI issue eff that!!
I’ve always been a yz250 2 stroke guy tried a 250F last year not enough power. Thought I’d try 450 this year because I can’t pay what they’re asking for a yz250 2 stroke OTD

|

2/3/2021 5:28 AM

lumpy790 wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

Is the fix a Y shaped radiator hose in red?

laughing not us but thanks but we are considering distributing them though
|

2/3/2021 7:07 AM

nick610s wrote:

Yep Honda has released a reflash for this. Make sure they do it before you leave the dealer.

Are you saying that the dealers have the improved maps? This is not the case according to Honda.

I’ve spoken to American Honda and there are no recalls or product improvement bulletins for the EFI. Also have spoken to the dealer.

If the verified updated (blessed by Honda) maps are out there then the dealer could do it, but they most likely would charge for it. If certain mechanics at dealers are doing it and it’s not published by Honda then they are doing what you or I could with the EFI programmer dongle, software and a laptop. If they’re knowledgeable, then great! IMO you are paying for the knowledge... flashing it is easy.

Soooo someone in the know please publish the official improved maps!

|

2/3/2021 8:48 PM

nick610s wrote:

RCMXracing wrote:

Are you saying that the dealers have the improved maps? This is not the case according to Honda.

I’ve spoken to American ...more

When did you speak to Honda? This literally came out last week. I’ve seen the official bulletin. Also my local dealer had the update as well and is going to reflash my bike soon.

|

2/3/2021 8:49 PM

nick610s wrote:

RCMXracing wrote:

No? Photo

|

2/3/2021 8:50 PM

Blue Groove wrote:

nick610s wrote:

I only know of one person that had it done and he said it’s a noticeable difference. He even had it done prior by one of the ...more

mike_v812 wrote:

Ya check back!! for the money, and then having the suspension re-done it’s going to be like a 12k deal!!!w00t but then to be ...more

Most new 450’s after suspension tuning most buy a pipe, and do a reflash.. also tons of people buy vortex stuff now. Are gonna be a 12k bill. Buy a couple year old bike to save some $.. most bikes within the last 5 years are more capable than the people riding them.

|

2/4/2021 9:48 AM

nick610s wrote:

RCMXracing wrote:

nick610s wrote:

When did you speak to Honda? This literally came out last week. I’ve seen the official bulletin. Also my local dealer had the ...more

I spoke to them Monday 1 Feb. Can’t explain why they don’t know. The guy used 2 terms, recall and product improvement bulletin - two different things of which he said there were neither. This is great news.

And whoever is thumbs down happy on my post, whatever, I F’ng own this bike and just like others trying to get it sorted. Childish bullshit.

|

2/4/2021 9:57 AM

nick610s wrote:

mike_v812 wrote:

Ya check back!! for the money, and then having the suspension re-done it’s going to be like a 12k deal!!!w00t but then to be ...more

nick610s wrote:

Most new 450’s after suspension tuning most buy a pipe, and do a reflash.. also tons of people buy vortex stuff now. Are gonna ...more

Ya that’s just it i just want to buy the thing(new) get some numbers and suspension work and ride it. Not concerned with pipes and all the other fancy stuff that’s why I was asking people if this ignition deal was getting resolved. Nothing worse then forking over the green and you got problems with basic performance. I get wanting to buy performance parts and all i just want a weekend warrior bike.

|

2/4/2021 11:00 AM

RCMXracing wrote:

nick610s wrote:

When did you speak to Honda? This literally came out last week. I’ve seen the official bulletin. Also my local dealer had the ...more

RCMXracing wrote:

I spoke to them Monday 1 Feb. Can’t explain why they don’t know. The guy used 2 terms, recall and product improvement bulletin ...more

Well copy meisters photo and go to your local dealer and hit them up! All I can say. Whoever sold you the bike I hope would honor a remap.

|

2/4/2021 11:02 AM

mike_v812 wrote:

nick610s wrote:

Most new 450’s after suspension tuning most buy a pipe, and do a reflash.. also tons of people buy vortex stuff now. Are gonna ...more

mike_v812 wrote:

Ya that’s just it i just want to buy the thing(new) get some numbers and suspension work and ride it. Not concerned with pipes ...more

I am going to assume any later production 2021’s will be sorted out prior to them being sold. So I don’t think you have anything to worry about. And honestly this thing rips even with this “map issue”. I got my suspension being revalved and I’m excited to get back on it when it’s set for me.

|

2/4/2021 6:26 PM

Where is the link for the bulletin? I cant seem to find any info on a re flash. I contacted one dealership and they had no knowledge. Maybe I will contact another and see if they can get some information.

|

2/7/2021 5:54 PM

Well i got my bike redone at my local dealer..
Took about 20-30 mins total from start to finish. They explained this is a total rewrite of the ecu programming and sensor parameters.

Anyway, bike runs way better off the bottom and throughout the rev range.. How it should have been from the factory. Still very manageable but it’s like power now when you want it.

Along with a suspension revalve and this thing is just about dialed.

|

2/10/2021 7:42 AM

I called around today in Maryland - nobody knows anything about it. Referenced the screen shot above and phone number for more information. No luck... So maybe it takes a couple of days for them to become aware?

|

2/10/2021 7:49 AM

afk66 wrote:

I called around today in Maryland - nobody knows anything about it. Referenced the screen shot above and phone number for more ...more

Find a better dealer.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

2/10/2021 8:02 AM

lumpy790 wrote:

CraigCrashes wrote:

Up one size on the pilot jet and raise the needle one notch

Change the slide as well

|