Boring track

ama530
3/10/2014 2:11pm
You guys have it right. Daytona was a snooze. Besides the track, it was the RV Show staring RV and a cast of others. After the first corner the race was over. Sad to say, I thought it was a joke. It looked like it was Villo's personal track and the rest of the guys just showed up. If this is a glimpse of the outdoor championship, you think Daytona was boring?
peelout
3/10/2014 2:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 2:17pm
Daytona race has NEVER been an exciting race (other than 2005, Reed vs RC). every year it's the longest, roughest, nastiest of any and the guys who win fucking dominate. everyone else just kind of is there.

honestly never been super stoked for Daytona as far as the actual racing goes. the event and the facility are unreal and so is the history behind the event. but the racing has never been the shit there.

the track has been awesome in the past (like the 90's bro)... last few years have been about the same so i agree with others here.

ps... fucking glad i'm critiquing it from the tv screen and not out there racing it

imo
Scott167
Fantasy
255th
3/10/2014 2:47pm
Renner153 wrote:
I agree. And a few people I was sitting with also agreed. And they weren't just anybody's either. I just don't think Carmichael has the creativity...
I agree. And a few people I was sitting with also agreed. And they weren't just anybody's either. I just don't think Carmichael has the creativity to build a good track IMO. It's time for a change. Let either Pastrana or Stewart design a track. Or let Jason baker from dream traxx build a track next year. I bet it would be way better.
jstein639 wrote:
I remember when Pastrana designed the sx (St. Louis?) it was awesome and had multiple lines. He made a rythm section and no one could jump...
I remember when Pastrana designed the sx (St. Louis?) it was awesome and had multiple lines. He made a rythm section and no one could jump the triple in it if I remember right. If I remember correctly he had a unique finish line as opposed to the cookie cutter 70' finish double.
X2 on the TP track. That st louis track he designed was wicked. I would love to see another Tp track. I havent minded the RC tracks in the past but I really thought it was boring this year. Everyone seemed to have the same rhythm with the exception of barcia and stewart hitting the wall.
Dezerted
3/10/2014 2:58pm
Wasn't impressed with Daytona. I'm sure Ricky is limited in what he can do.

St. Louis the track with the big wall table where James shifted into neutral over?

The Shop

3/10/2014 3:06pm
Yes, the racing was boring, but the track itself was boring for the most part. There were only a couple sections that provided entertainment IMHO.
jasonv43
3/10/2014 9:58pm
kongols wrote:
[img]https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t31/1941603_589901264430038_2086014909_o.jpg[/img]
Ok who's the A-hole that forgot to wear his helmet?Shocked

Post a reply to: Boring track

The Latest