Bored by Tomac?

SPODEBOY
1/4/2018 9:11am Edited Date/Time 1/4/2018 9:12am
colintrax wrote:
If they want to profit off his name then they should pay him.
SPODEBOY wrote:
Hey, I get it. But there is nothing wrong with giving back a little like every other pro rider did for the game which will in...
Hey, I get it.

But there is nothing wrong with giving back a little like every other pro rider did for the game which will in turn promote the sport more, make the game better, and further advertise him and his sponsors.

But you are right it is not illegal to be a dick.
It's not being a dick to not let somebody use your likeness to put money in their pocket without spreading the wealth. This is Eli's job...
It's not being a dick to not let somebody use your likeness to put money in their pocket without spreading the wealth. This is Eli's job after all. Being in a game probably doesn't really excite him at this point in his career. It's not about exposure for the sport.
They are not asking only him to put his face on a poster for the sole purpose of selling it for profit silly.

They are trying to make a game that puts our sport on the shelves with Madden Football, Nascar, Black Ops, etc. They are still going to make the same amount of money with or with-out him. A customer is not going to say, "Well heck if Tomac aint in here then I aint buying it" LoL.

Does he deserve what the sport has afforded him? Absolutely. He has worked his butt off for many years. I give him that due credit. But as a person there is nothing wrong with giving a little back to the sport that has done so.

And so with his decision will come criticism and opinions.

kkawboy14
1/4/2018 9:13am
SPODEBOY wrote:
Hey, I get it. But there is nothing wrong with giving back a little like every other pro rider did for the game which will in...
Hey, I get it.

But there is nothing wrong with giving back a little like every other pro rider did for the game which will in turn promote the sport more, make the game better, and further advertise him and his sponsors.

But you are right it is not illegal to be a dick.
It's not being a dick to not let somebody use your likeness to put money in their pocket without spreading the wealth. This is Eli's job...
It's not being a dick to not let somebody use your likeness to put money in their pocket without spreading the wealth. This is Eli's job after all. Being in a game probably doesn't really excite him at this point in his career. It's not about exposure for the sport.
SPODEBOY wrote:
They are not asking only him to put his face on a poster for the sole purpose of selling it for profit silly. They are trying...
They are not asking only him to put his face on a poster for the sole purpose of selling it for profit silly.

They are trying to make a game that puts our sport on the shelves with Madden Football, Nascar, Black Ops, etc. They are still going to make the same amount of money with or with-out him. A customer is not going to say, "Well heck if Tomac aint in here then I aint buying it" LoL.

Does he deserve what the sport has afforded him? Absolutely. He has worked his butt off for many years. I give him that due credit. But as a person there is nothing wrong with giving a little back to the sport that has done so.

Maybe he thinks video games are a joke? I know I think they are a joke!
CMcBain
1/4/2018 10:00am
bigk218 wrote:
Never said I hate anyone. I like American riders in American rides ie. tomac. But I’m pretty sure we have heard a lot more from musquin...
Never said I hate anyone. I like American riders in American rides ie. tomac. But I’m pretty sure we have heard a lot more from musquin this off season. can’t say I follow the MXGp side of things so I have no clue about what Caroli or Herlings are doing nor do I care. All I’m saying is I would like to see tomac more involved and interactive with the fans during the off season.
kaptkaos wrote:
I get railed on this board for not rooting for Musquin and the other Frenchy in lights...whatever his name is... I will say it again, I...
I get railed on this board for not rooting for Musquin and the other Frenchy in lights...whatever his name is...

I will say it again, I dont hate these guys and dont want to see them do a digger or anything, but I dont want any Frenchys coming over here and winning our championships. Especially one who cant do anything without his hot wife. She needs her own reality show.

Marvin is a good guy and I wish more of our own would adopt his style of communication, but either way, I aint rooting for him.

If we could get Baggett, Webb, Mookie and Nicoletti on the podium and some airtime, that might be entertaining.

I am not a Kawi/Monster guy but I will root for Eli this year in SX and I hope Roczen has a strong comeback and keeps it close.

I hope Webb does better and Deano too.

Its sad that we wont see Reed on a podium this year, hopefully we can find a way to get a mic in front of him so he can say some provocative stuff.

Really looking forward to A1, hoping for another great season, last year was a good one in both classes.

And yes, I will be looking for JS7 and Mookie to show up....call me a glutton for punishment. I hold out hope until practice on Saturday.
Soooooo you don't want "Frenchies" coming over and winning your championship but you are rooting for a German, a guy from Scotland/Canada and a guy from Australia? makes sense... I do agree with you on Marvins wife not being on the track all the time though its kinda ridiculous.
1/4/2018 10:12am Edited Date/Time 1/4/2018 10:23am
SPODEBOY wrote:
They are not asking only him to put his face on a poster for the sole purpose of selling it for profit silly. They are trying...

We don't even know the story behind him not being in the game, the whole "he wanted money" is another theory that Vital seems to run with as being fact. Personally I tend to think the decision came from the Monster Kawasaki team as Josh Grant also isn't in the game. I mean you don't think JG would want to pick up the game for his son and let him play as his dad? Not to mention they were both in that Alive game awhile back, obviously that was a long time ago but still.

Honestly if the people making that game want it to be next to Madden or NASCAR then not having Eli Tomac is the least of their problems.

The Shop

APLMAN99
1/4/2018 10:14am
Some folks prefer great racing performances.

Some prefer TMZ-style tabloid conflicts and such.

1/4/2018 10:14am
SPODEBOY wrote:

Fair enough.
kaptkaos
1/4/2018 10:17am
Im rooting for Eli to win the title. Rooting for KR to fully recover and do well. Chad, hes almost American to me, but hes not winning any titles, would love to see him do well and steal a podium. Marvins wife, she needs a reality show. She is hot though
Mit12
1/4/2018 10:38am
Glad to see it wasn't just a Dungey thing.
SPODEBOY
1/4/2018 10:59am
SPODEBOY wrote:

We don't even know the story behind him not being in the game, the whole "he wanted money" is another theory that Vital seems to run...
We don't even know the story behind him not being in the game, the whole "he wanted money" is another theory that Vital seems to run with as being fact. Personally I tend to think the decision came from the Monster Kawasaki team as Josh Grant also isn't in the game. I mean you don't think JG would want to pick up the game for his son and let him play as his dad? Not to mention they were both in that Alive game awhile back, obviously that was a long time ago but still.

Honestly if the people making that game want it to be next to Madden or NASCAR then not having Eli Tomac is the least of their problems.

I know it was due to money. And certain others do to. I would not accuse him if I was not sure.
1/4/2018 11:35am
CMcBain wrote:
Soooooo you don't want "Frenchies" coming over and winning your championship but you are rooting for a German, a guy from Scotland/Canada and a guy from...
Soooooo you don't want "Frenchies" coming over and winning your championship but you are rooting for a German, a guy from Scotland/Canada and a guy from Australia? makes sense... I do agree with you on Marvins wife not being on the track all the time though its kinda ridiculous.
I second the notion that she needs to stay off the track. Never will understand why anybody gives a shit about a racer's wife. I find it very odd that they are always put in the limelight and that moto fans follow them on social media. Guess I'm one of those guys that comes for the racing and not the drama.
kkawboy14
1/4/2018 3:27pm
bigk218 wrote:
Never said I hate anyone. I like American riders in American rides ie. tomac. But I’m pretty sure we have heard a lot more from musquin...
Never said I hate anyone. I like American riders in American rides ie. tomac. But I’m pretty sure we have heard a lot more from musquin this off season. can’t say I follow the MXGp side of things so I have no clue about what Caroli or Herlings are doing nor do I care. All I’m saying is I would like to see tomac more involved and interactive with the fans during the off season.
kaptkaos wrote:
I get railed on this board for not rooting for Musquin and the other Frenchy in lights...whatever his name is... I will say it again, I...
I get railed on this board for not rooting for Musquin and the other Frenchy in lights...whatever his name is...

I will say it again, I dont hate these guys and dont want to see them do a digger or anything, but I dont want any Frenchys coming over here and winning our championships. Especially one who cant do anything without his hot wife. She needs her own reality show.

Marvin is a good guy and I wish more of our own would adopt his style of communication, but either way, I aint rooting for him.

If we could get Baggett, Webb, Mookie and Nicoletti on the podium and some airtime, that might be entertaining.

I am not a Kawi/Monster guy but I will root for Eli this year in SX and I hope Roczen has a strong comeback and keeps it close.

I hope Webb does better and Deano too.

Its sad that we wont see Reed on a podium this year, hopefully we can find a way to get a mic in front of him so he can say some provocative stuff.

Really looking forward to A1, hoping for another great season, last year was a good one in both classes.

And yes, I will be looking for JS7 and Mookie to show up....call me a glutton for punishment. I hold out hope until practice on Saturday.
CMcBain wrote:
Soooooo you don't want "Frenchies" coming over and winning your championship but you are rooting for a German, a guy from Scotland/Canada and a guy from...
No frenchies just Europeans......
mxb2
1/4/2018 3:38pm
SPODEBOY wrote:

We don't even know the story behind him not being in the game, the whole "he wanted money" is another theory that Vital seems to run...

SPODEBOY wrote:

I know it was due to money. And certain others do to. I would not accuse him if I was not sure.
Source, link to facts?
dcg141
1/4/2018 4:09pm
BobPA wrote:
So you hope a German wins but the Frenchy loses. Solid logic.
Well if the Frenchman was on a Honda and the German on a KTM...it would be different.
1/4/2018 9:17pm
Could care less about his interviews or off track persona. the man can twist the throttle
slipdog
1/4/2018 9:29pm
Could care less about his interviews or off track persona. the man can twist the throttle
FlaNard
1/4/2018 9:37pm
Not everyone is a showman who loves the limelight. He's exciting as anyone out there right now on the track which is all I care about. I enjoy humble over cocky but I can appreciate that the world needs both.
js451
1/5/2018 5:22am

Au revoir Ricky tomac, au revoir
BSmooth13
1/5/2018 5:56am
SPODEBOY wrote:

Working under the assumption that he's not in the game due to lack of payment - which may or may not be true - I actually respect ET for that decision. He's being smart with his brand, controlling his exposure, handing his business the way he best see's fit. It's capitalism, and typically in this system we pay for things of value, like having one of the top sx riders in the world allow you to use his exact likeness in a sx vide game...seems pretty simple to me.

And if your response to that is what you said in the post I quoted, that whether he is in there or not won't impact customers' willingness to purchase the game, then why does it matter at all? If the point is exposure, as you say, measured by how many games are sold and people are reached through those sales - and you're saying him not being in the game doesn't affect those sales - then I'm not sure what your dissatisfaction with him is.
mccread
1/5/2018 6:06am
I think Eli is great. He’s a very genuine person and a nice guy. He Isn’t bothered about being the centre of attention , he’s quiet but works hard and is very determined.

Not everyone can be a showman like MC or Roczen, even if that probably benefits the sport a little more. You can’t change your character.

js451
1/5/2018 6:28am
BSmooth13 wrote:
Working under the assumption that he's not in the game due to lack of payment - which may or may not be true - I actually...
Working under the assumption that he's not in the game due to lack of payment - which may or may not be true - I actually respect ET for that decision. He's being smart with his brand, controlling his exposure, handing his business the way he best see's fit. It's capitalism, and typically in this system we pay for things of value, like having one of the top sx riders in the world allow you to use his exact likeness in a sx vide game...seems pretty simple to me.

And if your response to that is what you said in the post I quoted, that whether he is in there or not won't impact customers' willingness to purchase the game, then why does it matter at all? If the point is exposure, as you say, measured by how many games are sold and people are reached through those sales - and you're saying him not being in the game doesn't affect those sales - then I'm not sure what your dissatisfaction with him is.
I respect that decision if it was indeed Eli's decision. Eli has more maturity than other riders which I like however when Eli speaks it feels like he's speaking other people's words at times. If it is just money then I don't see withholding your name/image from a massive industry like gaming a smart decision. Too many demands early on doesn't allow things to grow and expand
MX76er
1/5/2018 5:05pm
Hey OP trigger warned, why listen to someone your not interested in seeing as who they are. This is Eli's personality and how he approaches his competiton is very different than most riders. It's called not showing your cards....I respect his approach with the media and think it's nice he can be himself.....Not acting the mold. Give the guy credit where it is due and just see him for who he is. A racer, he ain't competing for a media job or to become fro or Ralphs co-worker: so enjoy his speed and hold the criticism.
SPODEBOY
1/5/2018 5:16pm
BSmooth13 wrote:
Working under the assumption that he's not in the game due to lack of payment - which may or may not be true - I actually...

He is a party pooper.

Post a reply to: Bored by Tomac?

The Latest