Bored by Tomac?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2018 9:36 AM

Listening to Tomac on last nights Pulp show... I can't help but be bored while listening to him talk. I know his personality is to be mellow and not say a whole lot, but does anyone else get bored while listening to him or when reading his interviews?

I appreciate a racer who is humble and who isn't cocky, like Dungey, but at least Dungey has some enthusiasm during his interviews. Tomac just seems... bland. Matthes and Keefer are asking him questions and he doesn't really have any substance within his responses. It's like he talks about the question they asked but he doesn't give anything new or any insight.

I hope somebody can get under his skin so we get a little more out of him this season.

|

1/2/2018 9:38 AM

Tomac isn't boring on the track. That's where it matters most.

|

1/2/2018 9:40 AM

KirkChandler wrote:

Tomac isn't boring on the track. That's where it matters most.

2015 wasn't boring

|

1/2/2018 9:49 AM

I don't appreciate that he bailed on USDN and won't be part of the new SX game unless he gets cash..

|

1/2/2018 10:48 AM

If you want non boring out of Pro moto guys, don't talk about moto.
Most aren't interested at all away from the track.


|

1/2/2018 10:52 AM

Definitely boring, can’t stand the guy, who are we talking about?........

|

1/2/2018 10:54 AM

I don't really think his interviews are worse than Dungeys ever were, I actually appreciate that Eli answers the questions instead of just spinning it off into talking about how good his team is.

But IMO nothing's worse than Musquin rambling on for what seems like an hour.

|

1/2/2018 10:55 AM

Rhino wrote:

If you want non boring out of Pro moto guys, don't talk about moto.
Most aren't interested at all away from the track.


The companies paying him millions of dollars a year are only interested in social media these days it seems. Otherwise one would think at such a salary level, there would be more available for the media.

|

1/2/2018 10:56 AM

I like him, he does his talking on the track!

|

1/2/2018 10:57 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

I don't really think his interviews are worse than Dungeys ever were, I actually appreciate that Eli answers the questions instead of just spinning it off into talking about how good his team is.

But IMO nothing's worse than Musquin rambling on for what seems like an hour.

Actually I enjoy hearing Marvin elaborate and speak at length. His communication seems authentic rather than robotic and scripted. He seems to enjoy the chance to have fans hear him, whereas other riders seem to view it as just another task required of them.

|

1/2/2018 11:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2018 11:01 AM

SPODEBOY wrote:

I don't appreciate that he bailed on USDN and won't be part of the new SX game unless he gets cash..

If they want to profit off his name then they should pay him.

|

1/2/2018 11:06 AM

I thought his interview was pretty entertaining.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

1/2/2018 11:15 AM

He reminds me of Jeff Stanton in some ways.

|

Name withheld... Esquire


1/2/2018 11:24 AM

Tomac, Weimer and Aldon Baker would make for the best pulp show ever! On backwards day.

|

1/2/2018 11:30 AM

byke wrote:

Tomac, Weimer and Aldon Baker would make for the best pulp show ever! On backwards day.

Weimer is solid. Aldon, meh, don't really care for his style of communication.

|

1/2/2018 11:37 AM

"I don't owe the public anything other than a good performance"- Humphrey Bogart.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

1/2/2018 11:41 AM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

"I don't owe the public anything other than a good performance"- Humphrey Bogart.

Speaking to the fans of part of the performance tongue

But I agree, he doesn't owe us anything.

|

1/2/2018 11:46 AM

People thought Dungey was boring but I disagree. I always found Tomac to be boring. Seems like he just wants to ride, get off the track and be left alone which is fine but at least pretend to be a little enthusiastic about what you do. Maybe he's different in his everyday life away from the interviewers? Although he's on the boring side I still prefer that over the bro show of Grant, Hansen, etc.

As for Marvin I like when he gets interviewed. You can tell he loves what he does. Sure he goes a little long most of the time but his dialogue isn't simply a list of sponsors and he actually answers the questions he's asked.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/2/2018 11:47 AM

One word, "reserved."

Nothing bad about that.

|



1/2/2018 12:52 PM

Acidreamer wrote:

I thought his interview was pretty entertaining.

I just listened to the show, man I thought it was pretty entertaining!

|

1/2/2018 12:54 PM

I just don’t know how someone as high profile as him can completely disappear during the off season and keep fans and sponsors happy. As someone who can’t stand riders from other countries taking factory rides tomac just can’t keep my interest.

|

1/2/2018 1:04 PM

bigk218 wrote:

I just don’t know how someone as high profile as him can completely disappear during the off season and keep fans and sponsors happy. As someone who can’t stand riders from other countries taking factory rides tomac just can’t keep my interest.

Haven’t heard anything from Herlings

Cairoli
Musquin
Or any of the other top riders

Do you hate everyone?

|

1/2/2018 1:12 PM

He's a shadow walker. He isn't Eli yet like Ken is Ken, Reed is Reed or Dunge was Dunge. Very fast but he's been lost.

|

1/2/2018 1:21 PM

bigk218 wrote:

I just don’t know how someone as high profile as him can completely disappear during the off season and keep fans and sponsors happy. As someone who can’t stand riders from other countries taking factory rides tomac just can’t keep my interest.

kkawboy14 wrote:

Haven’t heard anything from Herlings

Cairoli
Musquin
Or any of the other top riders

Do you hate everyone?

Never said I hate anyone. I like American riders in American rides ie. tomac. But I’m pretty sure we have heard a lot more from musquin this off season. can’t say I follow the MXGp side of things so I have no clue about what Caroli or Herlings are doing nor do I care. All I’m saying is I would like to see tomac more involved and interactive with the fans during the off season.

|

1/2/2018 1:22 PM

Track and Trail wrote:

He's a shadow walker. He isn't Eli yet like Ken is Ken, Reed is Reed or Dunge was Dunge. Very fast but he's been lost.

Very good way to put it. Couldn’t agree more

|

1/2/2018 1:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2018 1:34 PM

bigk218 wrote:

I just don’t know how someone as high profile as him can completely disappear during the off season and keep fans and sponsors happy. As someone who can’t stand riders from other countries taking factory rides tomac just can’t keep my interest.

kkawboy14 wrote:

Haven’t heard anything from Herlings

Cairoli
Musquin
Or any of the other top riders

Do you hate everyone?

bigk218 wrote:

Never said I hate anyone. I like American riders in American rides ie. tomac. But I’m pretty sure we have heard a lot more from musquin this off season. can’t say I follow the MXGp side of things so I have no clue about what Caroli or Herlings are doing nor do I care. All I’m saying is I would like to see tomac more involved and interactive with the fans during the off season.

Sorry, hate, was harsh of me to say.

I think we all would like more but honestly I can’t really remember hearing much of anything from Musquin, Anderson, Bagget, Barcia or anyone else the last 2 months!

|

1/2/2018 1:43 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Haven’t heard anything from Herlings

Cairoli
Musquin
Or any of the other top riders

Do you hate everyone?

bigk218 wrote:

Never said I hate anyone. I like American riders in American rides ie. tomac. But I’m pretty sure we have heard a lot more from musquin this off season. can’t say I follow the MXGp side of things so I have no clue about what Caroli or Herlings are doing nor do I care. All I’m saying is I would like to see tomac more involved and interactive with the fans during the off season.

kkawboy14 wrote:

Sorry, hate, was harsh of me to say.

I think we all would like more but honestly I can’t really remember hearing much of anything from Musquin, Anderson, Bagget, Barcia or anyone else the last 2 months!

All good. You have a good point. It would just be nice to hear from tomac other than his podium speech most of the year. Not taking into account the pulp show which I haven’t listened to yet.

|

1/2/2018 1:45 PM

Some like attention, some don't like it off the track.

|

1/2/2018 1:55 PM

I always found tomac to be a little dorky. but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as conor mcgreg...ehhh... ken roczen I meant to say.

|

1/2/2018 2:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2018 2:18 PM

OP watch this. It’s from when he was younger but seemed a cool guy in this video. He has always said he doesn’t like to be in front of a mic

">
|