Boots for short legs

akmx17
Edited Date/Time 6/8/2018 4:57pm
Hey guys,

Wondering what you shorter guys with small legs with a muscular/bigger base use for boots. My boots are just maxed on straps to make room for my calf’s and it’s impossible these days to get knee pads in there. I also can’t get the boot to seal all the way so the inner lining is exposed a lot.

The trouble is I don’t think my calf’s are that big I’ve lost a lot of weight last two months and they are pretty toned but nothing fits good when trying on new boots.

I was thinking maybe it has something to do with my short legs? I wear SG12s and when the boot is on there is only and two inch or so gap from my knee cap. I tried on Fox 180s and tech 7s and it was about the same.

I can’t be the only guy with this problem so was wondering what you guys do. I was thinking of just finding long straps and doing it that way but the open area cause the boot can’t close all the way is annoying to me
|
peelout
6/8/2018 2:07pm
i currently have Alpinestar Tech 10's and i hate them because i have long legs. the 10's come maybe mid calf on me. i would try a pair of them if i were you, shortest boots i've ever worn
akmx17
6/8/2018 3:45pm
peelout wrote:
i currently have Alpinestar Tech 10's and i hate them because i have long legs. the 10's come maybe mid calf on me. i would try...
i currently have Alpinestar Tech 10's and i hate them because i have long legs. the 10's come maybe mid calf on me. i would try a pair of them if i were you, shortest boots i've ever worn
Do 10s still have booties? I’d like to avoid those
bradmx421
6/8/2018 3:51pm
Did you try the Tech 7's or the Tech 7S'? Tech 7S is made for shorter riders(teens) but not available in the larger sizes

The Shop

MK128
6/8/2018 4:56pm
akmx17 wrote:
Hey guys, Wondering what you shorter guys with small legs with a muscular/bigger base use for boots. My boots are just maxed on straps to make...
Hey guys,

Wondering what you shorter guys with small legs with a muscular/bigger base use for boots. My boots are just maxed on straps to make room for my calf’s and it’s impossible these days to get knee pads in there. I also can’t get the boot to seal all the way so the inner lining is exposed a lot.

The trouble is I don’t think my calf’s are that big I’ve lost a lot of weight last two months and they are pretty toned but nothing fits good when trying on new boots.

I was thinking maybe it has something to do with my short legs? I wear SG12s and when the boot is on there is only and two inch or so gap from my knee cap. I tried on Fox 180s and tech 7s and it was about the same.

I can’t be the only guy with this problem so was wondering what you guys do. I was thinking of just finding long straps and doing it that way but the open area cause the boot can’t close all the way is annoying to me
Having larger calves myself, I settled on SG12 after trying on pretty much every boot brand. With having tried them all on, I don't know of any other boot that was shorter then the other? Unless you have a very small foot, I think you may be out of luck. Definitely a strange issue to have.

Post a reply to: Boots for short legs

The Latest