Boots for injured ankle, SG12 / tech 7

RussB
Fantasy
986th
3/3/2018 7:11am
JoePit wrote:
So I had originally wanted to go with the Crossfire 3's but after reading this thread I purchased the SG12'S. The only issue I'm having is...
So I had originally wanted to go with the Crossfire 3's but after reading this thread I purchased the SG12'S. The only issue I'm having is they are aggravating the upper portion of the inside of my ankles. I've read in other threads and forums that this is normal and the boots will break in and that will go away. Any thoughts before I wear these outside? Other than that they are fantastic boots.
I found the same when they are new. To speed up the breaking in process and open out the boot a little, I lightly wedged something (i used a trainer placed in sideways, one in each boot) and then left over night. This opened the boot out and took the pressure point away from the top of the ankle. Been fantastic and super comfy ever since
JoePit
3/3/2018 7:20am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 7:53am
Thanks for the response guys. In my case this has nothing to do with my hardware. Not to mention the discomfort is on both ankles. I've read stuffing the boots to stretch the area out a little and that's what I'll try. Other than that very comfortable boots and feel like they offer way more protection than my Instincts. The Tech 7's are super comfortable but definitely not this caliber of boot.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Boots for injured ankle, SG12 / tech 7

The Latest