Boots for LARGE calves

Related:
Create New Tag

9/12/2017 4:51 PM

I have sidi crossfire 1s right now and although all the straps can buckle down, im right at the limit where a bit of my pants can be seen through the side upper area of the boot where youd normally secure the top flap to the velcro. (velcro only manages to stick from the smallllll piece it grabs onto)
I have normal ankles but huge calves. im about 250 lbs and losing weight but my calves have always been huge

Anyways Id be getting knee braces soon and im not sure how they exactly work if they will go into my boot i will literally have no room.

|

9/12/2017 4:58 PM

My Tech 7's fit really well in the calves, huge calves checking in.

|

9/12/2017 5:12 PM

Gaerna SG-12, tight at the ankle but good up top

|

9/12/2017 5:17 PM

I have larger calves and ive worn fox comp 5s and Gaerne SG-12s. Both fit good, I tried on a buddies Tech 10s before I got the SG-12s and the T10s were wayyyy too tight. I couldn't even buckle the top straps. I havnt tried any but ive heard the Tech 7s are much better for big calves.

|

9/12/2017 6:14 PM

my sg12's fit good, my fox comp 5's where a little tight in the calves

|

9/12/2017 6:15 PM

Cygrace74 wrote:

Gaerna SG-12, tight at the ankle but good up top

I concur....when I moved from Sidi to Gaerne I was amazed how much more calf room I had.

|

9/12/2017 6:18 PM

3 seconds to search the site give or take a second

Photo

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

9/12/2017 6:22 PM

My instincts fit great and i have very large calves

|

9/12/2017 6:53 PM

bvm111 wrote:

3 seconds to search the site give or take a second

Photo

for sure i read those too but I also wanted some up to date info incase i missed something and a manufacturer came out with something new.

thanks for the info so far guys!!

|

9/12/2017 6:56 PM

What other gross stuff do you have?

|

9/12/2017 9:15 PM

SG12's. I was an A-stars guy forever, but their newer stuff wouldn't fit, particularly after I started wearing knee braces. The SG's also allow some relocation of the upper buckles with two screws and several mounting holes (in addition to the strap).

|

9/12/2017 10:08 PM

hyler199 wrote:

I have sidi crossfire 1s right now and although all the straps can buckle down, im right at the limit where a bit of my pants can be seen through the side upper area of the boot where youd normally secure the top flap to the velcro. (velcro only manages to stick from the smallllll piece it grabs onto)
I have normal ankles but huge calves. im about 250 lbs and losing weight but my calves have always been huge

Anyways Id be getting knee braces soon and im not sure how they exactly work if they will go into my boot i will literally have no room.

I have really “REALLY” large calves also wear knee braces. I had Sidi Crossfire boots which have the expandable calve area. With that expanded, and also using the extra-long buckles, the Crossfires fit me well. However I could not get use to the super stiff Crossfire, I need to be able to feel my brake pedal and shift lever.

I switched to the Sidi Discovery Rain, (now called the TRIAL ZERO.1), and had a cobbler extend the Velcro flap at the top. This in conjunction with the extra-long buckle works great for me. And these boots are much more pliable than the Crossfires, so I can feel the foot controls now.

Photo

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

9/12/2017 10:52 PM

Just find out what sort of boots Stefan Everts wears

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

9/13/2017 2:25 AM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

i believe JCpenny has a good selection
|

9/13/2017 11:45 AM

rongi#401 wrote: [LINK TO IMAGE]

i believe JCpenny has a good selection

Your wife has a purdy mouth.shocked

|

9/13/2017 2:28 PM

I had the old tech 8 astars and didnt care for them due to the wide calf. Even with braces on, they were too wide. Again, this was the previous model, and they may have tightened them up. My new tech 10s are good, so you can probably skip looking at them....

|