Boots - Wash Question

whatamess
Edited Date/Time 3/7/2018 5:21am
Please excuse me if this is not the place to post this type of questions, I just ended up here upon a quick Google search.

Straight to the point, my cat took a piss on my brother's boots, to be exact, "Boots Fox Comp 5 Adult", I have to wash them but I don't want to ruin it even more so I was wondering:

1.- What should I use to wash them? (would soap and water just do the trick?)
2.- Is there anything I should avoid doing when washing them?
3.- Any other tips or useful information on this?

Thank you in advance for the help, and again, please excuse me if I'm in the wrong forums, any help is appreciated.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/5/2018 9:38pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 9:39pm
Kzizok is this another one of those paid posting thing again? New member, just signed up, ...

Need pics of said cat to assess the type of cleaner that will be needed.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
3/5/2018 9:48pm
Soap and water, they'll be fine.
tempura
3/6/2018 1:14am
You may need to pour acid on the boots to remove the cats piss.
Or you could just grab a scrubbing brush and dish washing soap and get scrubbing...

The Shop

3/6/2018 3:10am
Wet them, douse them with a shit ton of dish soap, scrub it in with a toilet brush, wash some more, them douse with baking soda and let them dry. Add more baking soda after they dry for flavor.

They’re MX boots, not leather shoes.
Indymxer
3/6/2018 4:37am
Wash the cat down the drain while you're at it.
whatamess
3/6/2018 5:21am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Kzizok is this another one of those paid posting thing again? New member, just signed up, ... Need pics of said cat to assess the type...
Kzizok is this another one of those paid posting thing again? New member, just signed up, ...

Lol what? No I'm not being paid, it was a legit (yet dumb) question.

Thank you guys for the help, had some giggles while reading them, at least now I know soap and water are just fine, better safe than sorry.
bigmaico
3/6/2018 5:28am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2018 5:30am
Wash the heavy mud/dirt off.

Let the water soak in for 5 minutes.

Spray with Shout let it soak for a minute & wash off the dirt.

If you have clay in your riding area you might need a scrub brush.

PS: For you anal types you can use some McGuire's Back to Black on the plastic to keep it shiny .
3/6/2018 12:32pm
Dog piss.

Sorry, I just had to. Laughing
752dad
3/6/2018 12:42pm
Odoban
This is the magic for stinky boots.
Thank me later.

KC
Donovan759
3/6/2018 12:44pm
Just wash the boots bro
Every time I come back to this thread to see if it got dumber, I read this and laugh out loud.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
3/6/2018 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2018 6:34pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Kzizok is this another one of those paid posting thing again? New member, just signed up, ... Need pics of said cat to assess the type...

Absolute it is a paid forum poster. New sign ups are suspect, but there are still tons that have time under their belt. But, key phrases are the dead give aways. For instance, salutations like “Hey guys, “hey”, “hi”, “hi all” (although they have trended away from a formal salutation).

Then, they ask open ended questions to spark max comments. Towards the end of the post look for keywords like “Any suggestions?”, “Thanks guys”, “Any help is appreciated”, “help”, “Thanks in advance etc.”

In thier replies you will often see phrases like, “thanks for the input”, “thanks guys”, “thanks for the reply, Ill try that” (I realize these can be regular phrases, but its the uncanny pattern and their repetition).

They usually dont respond more than three times.

For instance, the “how do I get my parents to let me ride thread” thread, and the “2013 YZ 125 engine problem” threads in the Moto section, are just a couple of examples.

The “Tech help/Race shop” section has become, almost exclusively, all paid forum posters. The “Vital MX product review” section has a bunch too.

At the end of the day, they dont care about their topics, its just a job ( where many work for places like Postloop.com or Upwork.com) that ends up just wasting the time of sincere and legitimate Vital members.

3/6/2018 6:35pm
^^^I'm pretty sure I burn out every one of those phrases when I make a thread lol.

I wish I was a paid poster
tempura
3/6/2018 6:45pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2018 6:51pm
Firstly rub said cats face in the piss, then assess from there.
Wandell
3/6/2018 7:59pm
Cat urine is pretty nasty. Resolve makes their carpet cleaner in a "pet formula", which I assume contains something specifically for removing cat and dog urine. I'd try washing them with it.
Bermworm
3/6/2018 8:12pm
Just rake sand or really small fine gravel over them...
whatamess
3/7/2018 5:19am
kzizok wrote:
Absolute it is a paid forum poster. New sign ups are suspect, but there are still tons that have time under their belt. But, key phrases...
Absolute it is a paid forum poster. New sign ups are suspect, but there are still tons that have time under their belt. But, key phrases are the dead give aways. For instance, salutations like “Hey guys, “hey”, “hi”, “hi all” (although they have trended away from a formal salutation).

Then, they ask open ended questions to spark max comments. Towards the end of the post look for keywords like “Any suggestions?”, “Thanks guys”, “Any help is appreciated”, “help”, “Thanks in advance etc.”

In thier replies you will often see phrases like, “thanks for the input”, “thanks guys”, “thanks for the reply, Ill try that” (I realize these can be regular phrases, but its the uncanny pattern and their repetition).

They usually dont respond more than three times.

For instance, the “how do I get my parents to let me ride thread” thread, and the “2013 YZ 125 engine problem” threads in the Moto section, are just a couple of examples.

The “Tech help/Race shop” section has become, almost exclusively, all paid forum posters. The “Vital MX product review” section has a bunch too.

At the end of the day, they dont care about their topics, its just a job ( where many work for places like Postloop.com or Upwork.com) that ends up just wasting the time of sincere and legitimate Vital members.

I don't know if you guys are being serious rightnow, sorry for making an account to post a thread... I guess?! It won't happen again, next time I'll make sure that my new account comes with 1,000 posts and is already 3 years old.
whatamess
3/7/2018 5:21am
YamahaJT1 wrote:
Pee back... NEVER let a kitty gain the upper hand.
Rofl, funniest so far!

By the way, I washed them! Though there's still a bit of a smell, so I will give it a second wash then it'll be good to go Smile

Post a reply to: Boots - Wash Question

The Latest