Bone Stock - Term Overused

dv12.com
Fantasy
148th
5/21/2018 8:23am
Went 3-4 at MXDN 2001 and 2-7 at MXDN 2005 with a BONE STOCK engine. In 01 in Belgium, my race engine blew and I didn't have a spare. We won (I know the US weren't there. I was there) In 05 in France, the race was a few days before the end of my Yamaha contract and they didn't send an engine, just suspensions/clamps/bars with my mechanic... I broke the brand new bike in on Thursday and raced on the weekend... We got 2nd.

In the 450 class, only 2 guys on Saturday used the potential of a "race bike". The 38 other ones plus the guys who didn't qualify, could've gotten the same results on stock bikes...
al711
5/21/2018 8:41am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 8:42am
dv12.com wrote:
Went 3-4 at MXDN 2001 and 2-7 at MXDN 2005 with a BONE STOCK engine. In 01 in Belgium, my race engine blew and I didn't...
Went 3-4 at MXDN 2001 and 2-7 at MXDN 2005 with a BONE STOCK engine. In 01 in Belgium, my race engine blew and I didn't have a spare. We won (I know the US weren't there. I was there) In 05 in France, the race was a few days before the end of my Yamaha contract and they didn't send an engine, just suspensions/clamps/bars with my mechanic... I broke the brand new bike in on Thursday and raced on the weekend... We got 2nd.

In the 450 class, only 2 guys on Saturday used the potential of a "race bike". The 38 other ones plus the guys who didn't qualify, could've gotten the same results on stock bikes...
This guy ^^^^ awesome post!!
JBecker 72
5/21/2018 9:02am
dv12.com wrote:
Went 3-4 at MXDN 2001 and 2-7 at MXDN 2005 with a BONE STOCK engine. In 01 in Belgium, my race engine blew and I didn't...

Don’t know how I never put 2 and 2 together and realized who you were before this post. Laughing
5/21/2018 9:10am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 9:13am
drt410 wrote:
He didnt win though. Did he even get top 5? Not the strongest argument.
I didn't assert anywhere that he was a winner?????

But considering his result was damn near top 10 - for a guy who historically is around top 10 - and that he beat guys on bikes that HAVE been heavily tested and tuned to their rider... it makes 2 points for me.

1) Stock 450's and modern stock suspension is FAR BETTER than joe blow on this forum appreciates. I am so sick of people stating "its the works suspension and works motor and works this and works that" that makes these pro's so good. same excuses arise when local c riders blame the bike

2) How much better will tafts results get once he "has time to dial it in"?

Barcia seems happy with the 18 - but I also think partly why is because they started with a stock platform for their testing and went from there. Most young pro's believe any part they bolt on will make a bike better - and can steer testing a poor direction.
If you look closely at the yamaha factory bike - it's really damn close to production chassis parts....

Edit: Roczen claimed he was 3 (or more) seconds a lap faster on an off the showroom production rmz450 he bought than his rch works bike at the time.
I don't think he was lying....

For SX - NO off the showroom suspension can be used - you will die - it's just too soft

The Shop

5/21/2018 9:37am
I believe it was #876 on a stock KTM 250sx out at hangtown yesterday and was killing it. Stock graphics, suspension, pipe etc.
Didn't seem to make the motos.

Post a reply to: Bone Stock - Term Overused

The Latest