Bolt chain adjuster blocks

Rickyisms
Edited Date/Time 8/17/2020 8:05pm
Anyone using these with positive or negative feedback to share? Looking to replace the stock set on my KTM and don't want to go with the CRF Axle and block setup unless someone can you really convince me to.
|
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
7/30/2020 9:59pm
I doubt that most of us could tell the difference with a Honda axle and floating blocks, versus a fixed block, but I’m sure there will be someone shortly that may feel otherwise.
With that being said, I’d go with the Works Connection ones if you’re going to change them without going with the Honda axle.

https://www.worksconnection.com/c126058-axle-blocks

7/30/2020 10:02pm
I have them on my Kawis and they are awesome. Every bike should come stock with these types of axle blocks. The blocks stay put when you take the axle out, and you only need a 10mm wrench to adjust chain slack.
Rickyisms
7/30/2020 10:40pm
langhammx wrote:
I doubt that most of us could tell the difference with a Honda axle and floating blocks, versus a fixed block, but I’m sure there will...
I doubt that most of us could tell the difference with a Honda axle and floating blocks, versus a fixed block, but I’m sure there will be someone shortly that may feel otherwise.
With that being said, I’d go with the Works Connection ones if you’re going to change them without going with the Honda axle.

https://www.worksconnection.com/c126058-axle-blocks

Not doing it to really feel a difference, I know I’m not that picky with how my bike is. Mostly going for the ease of adjustment. I don’t like the fixed axle, used to Japanese bikes. Plus the bolt ones are cool because you only need a 10mm wrench to adjust with, and they stay put when you remove your axle.
SoCalMX70
7/30/2020 10:57pm
They work great! Been on my YZ for 2 years. Zero issues.

The Shop

colepop
7/31/2020 9:30am
They are awesome! Have them on my YZ450F and my YZ250 smoker. Simple to install and makes adjusting the chain so much easier and faster. Like posted above, every bike should come stock with them.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
7/31/2020 9:38am
That whole switch to a Honda "floating" axle setup is misleading. Think about it, you have a component interface torqued to 59 ft/lb. What is floating? Nothing, it's a fastened assembly.
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1061st
7/31/2020 9:47am
seth505 wrote:
That whole switch to a Honda "floating" axle setup is misleading. Think about it, you have a component interface torqued to 59 ft/lb. What is floating...
That whole switch to a Honda "floating" axle setup is misleading. Think about it, you have a component interface torqued to 59 ft/lb. What is floating? Nothing, it's a fastened assembly.
Exactly. There's nothing "floating" about it.
Mr. Afterbar
7/31/2020 9:50am
Excuse my ignorance, but how are the WC blocks different from any other? What makes them stay in place and are they not adjusted like every other setup on a modern bike? Genuinely curious, because they look like other aftermarket axle blocks.
O&GDriller
7/31/2020 10:01am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2020 10:04am
First mod I make to EVERY KTM I buy. The Bolt blocks are SO NICE. They have a tight tolerance so the blocks don't "rock" when tightening axle as the OEM blocks do. Additionally, having the scribed marks on the "top" of the blocks is fantastic. You can see where the left and right side are by looking straight down on the blocks from above. The OEM blocks are a pain in the ass as you have to lay on the ground on the left side and then lay on the right side and look horizontal to see the blocks position.

NOTE: Rocky Mountain/Tusk is now making their "own" branded axle blocks and only cost $30 versus $51 for the Bolt brand. I decided to save some money and try a set on my current 2019 KTM 450 and I'm very happy I gave them a shot. They are an excellent product and I've had them on for 148 hours. When I buy my 2021 KTM I'll be putting the Tusk brand blocks on the bike on day one. IMHO, the Bolt blocks offer nothing worth the price differential. The Tusk blocks are near copies of the Bolt blocks for nearly half the price.
sandman768
8/1/2020 6:14am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2020 6:15am
O&GDriller wrote:
First mod I make to EVERY KTM I buy. The Bolt blocks are SO NICE. They have a tight tolerance so the blocks don't "rock" when...
First mod I make to EVERY KTM I buy. The Bolt blocks are SO NICE. They have a tight tolerance so the blocks don't "rock" when tightening axle as the OEM blocks do. Additionally, having the scribed marks on the "top" of the blocks is fantastic. You can see where the left and right side are by looking straight down on the blocks from above. The OEM blocks are a pain in the ass as you have to lay on the ground on the left side and then lay on the right side and look horizontal to see the blocks position.

NOTE: Rocky Mountain/Tusk is now making their "own" branded axle blocks and only cost $30 versus $51 for the Bolt brand. I decided to save some money and try a set on my current 2019 KTM 450 and I'm very happy I gave them a shot. They are an excellent product and I've had them on for 148 hours. When I buy my 2021 KTM I'll be putting the Tusk brand blocks on the bike on day one. IMHO, the Bolt blocks offer nothing worth the price differential. The Tusk blocks are near copies of the Bolt blocks for nearly half the price.
I agree with the stock chain adjustment blocks, they are a PiTA... can you take a photo of your blocks? Thanks
Gravel
8/1/2020 5:41pm
They work great. I grabbed a set to replace the stock parts when they cracked.
Rickyisms
8/1/2020 6:07pm
O&GDriller wrote:
First mod I make to EVERY KTM I buy. The Bolt blocks are SO NICE. They have a tight tolerance so the blocks don't "rock" when...

So the tusk ones are the same concept? I didn’t see any tusk blocks that fit my 2016 125SX.
Ron_Shuler
8/1/2020 6:17pm
The Ride Engineering blocks with the Hon axel is better, it is better exiting corners with acceleration bumps and has better traction. I have 2 bikes and tested them back to back and the reason is the Hon axel is a different material than the stock KTM axel witch is too stiff and does not flex enough
Rickyisms
8/1/2020 6:30pm
Ron_Shuler wrote:
The Ride Engineering blocks with the Hon axel is better, it is better exiting corners with acceleration bumps and has better traction. I have 2 bikes...
The Ride Engineering blocks with the Hon axel is better, it is better exiting corners with acceleration bumps and has better traction. I have 2 bikes and tested them back to back and the reason is the Hon axel is a different material than the stock KTM axel witch is too stiff and does not flex enough
What level of rider would you consider yourself? I’d say I’m a fast to intermediate B rider, so I don’t think I would be able to notice the difference.
O&GDriller
8/2/2020 10:28am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2020 10:39am
Rickyisms wrote:
So the tusk ones are the same concept? I didn’t see any tusk blocks that fit my 2016 125SX.
Well guys, I have a correction. I guess the Tusk brand copy of the Bolt blocks must not have sold enough for Rocky Mountain to continue offering. I guarantee my son and I are both running the Tusk block Bolt copies previously offered on our 2019 KTMs. There are a number of the Tusk branded blocks available on eBay confirming I'm not nuts. I'd grab a set off eBay to save some cash.

~QAAOSwja5esIIg:sc:USPSPriority!74133!US!-1" class="img-fluid" />

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-HUSQVARNA-TE-300i-Tusk-Racing-Axle-Block/…Dizzy ~QAAOSwja5esIIg:sc:USPSPriority!74133!US!-1
8/2/2020 11:25am
I've never seen the Tusk ones that copy the BOLT design either. Glad you mentioned them, I got on ebay and found some for my Yamaha before there gone.
Motoxdoc
8/2/2020 12:30pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2020 12:33pm
I feel like a total rookie. I've never heard of putting a Honda axle and chain adjuster blocks on anything else other than a Honda...because they "float"?Huh ....WTF? Cool, I've got another selling point for my 08 Honda!...It comes with a floating rear axle.

Dam, It just occurred to me...when did Honda start making floating rear axles....before or after 08?
O&GDriller
8/2/2020 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2020 3:16pm
wrc777 wrote:
Rocky Mountain still has them. At least I think this is them. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/tusk-racing-axle-block-p?s=111…
I don't know WTF is going on. The link you provided goes to the "good" Tusk blocks. FWIW, I can't get them to pull up directly on the Rocky Mountain site no matter what I try. If I cut and paste the link above in Google it goes to the "good" style blocks.

However, if I cut and paste the part number directly on the RM site it goes to the "bad" blocks. If I search on "Tusk Axle Racing Blocks" directly on the RM site it goes to the "bad" blocks.

It seems the only way I can view/see the "good" blocks on the RM site is via the link provided above by wrc777.

I'm confused.
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
8/2/2020 3:57pm
Do you have a ktm selected on Rocky Mountain or a Japan bike? Maybe try searching on a different computer.
O&GDriller
8/2/2020 4:10pm
wrc777 wrote:
Do you have a ktm selected on Rocky Mountain or a Japan bike? Maybe try searching on a different computer.
Without any specific machine entered or with a KTM or Japan bike selected can I view the "good" blocks. All I can see are the OEM style.

I tried with my iPhone with same results. As with my laptop, all I can see is the OEM style Tusk branded blocks.
Brent
8/2/2020 7:39pm
I put the Ride orange blocks with the Honda450 axle and nut on my 19 KTM 450.

I can't feel any difference (Keefer says it's a big improvement for him), but I did it because the Ride axle blocks have better markings so I can get a more accurate measurement when I adjust the rear wheel, the stock KTM blocks don't have any markings.
Rickyisms
8/2/2020 8:58pm
Rickyisms wrote:
O&GDriller wrote:
Well guys, I have a correction. I guess the Tusk brand copy of the Bolt blocks must not have sold enough for Rocky Mountain to continue...
Well guys, I have a correction. I guess the Tusk brand copy of the Bolt blocks must not have sold enough for Rocky Mountain to continue offering. I guarantee my son and I are both running the Tusk block Bolt copies previously offered on our 2019 KTMs. There are a number of the Tusk branded blocks available on eBay confirming I'm not nuts. I'd grab a set off eBay to save some cash.

~QAAOSwja5esIIg:sc:USPSPriority!74133!US!-1" class="img-fluid" />

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-HUSQVARNA-TE-300i-Tusk-Racing-Axle-Block/…Dizzy ~QAAOSwja5esIIg:sc:USPSPriority!74133!US!-1
Thanks for the links!
Ron_Shuler
8/2/2020 9:24pm
Ron_Shuler wrote:
The Ride Engineering blocks with the Hon axel is better, it is better exiting corners with acceleration bumps and has better traction. I have 2 bikes...
Rickyisms wrote:
What level of rider would you consider yourself? I’d say I’m a fast to intermediate B rider, so I don’t think I would be able to...
What level of rider would you consider yourself? I’d say I’m a fast to intermediate B rider, so I don’t think I would be able to notice the difference.
I am a 50 EXP here in SoCal depending on what club I race with they make me ride Elite or Master and I have been involved in the suspension industry for many years going back to working at Race Tech back in 1984 if that good enough to have an opinion on this
Lightning78
8/2/2020 10:47pm
I feel like any ride engineering products are incredibly high quality but they're always just a little over priced for what they are
8/2/2020 11:05pm
Dear manufacturers,

Please put these axle blocks as standard equipment on your bikes. It's almost 2021. Cmon. They are so much better than a bolt with a locking nut. Every guy who wrenches on his own bike will greatly appreciate it.

Ron_Shuler
8/3/2020 5:57am
I feel like any ride engineering products are incredibly high quality but they're always just a little over priced for what they are
The Ride Engineering setup is actually less money and you don't have to modify anything and your getting a New Axle check the price

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/works-connection-elite-axle-bl…

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/ride-engineering-crf-axle-%26-…

Post a reply to: Bolt chain adjuster blocks

The Latest