Boise EX build.

DannoJ919
Edited Date/Time 11/6/2017 10:44am
Working on Boise

|
ccullins76
11/2/2017 12:08pm
Up and down Matrix looks cool! All the others this year have been really generic
DannoJ919
11/2/2017 1:25pm
Chris,
It's the longest one so far this year. Hopefully with the spacing and log sizing it will be tougher.

The boss man working. Sort of. ?

imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
11/2/2017 4:13pm
I dig these, seems like a shit load of work but fun at the same time.

Do you guys carry the logs, boulders etc as well as the equipment with you from venue to venue?
DannoJ919
11/2/2017 4:18pm
The logs, rocks, etc. stay close to the facility for the year. The big equipment is rental. This is the worst part of the build.

The Shop

DannoJ919
11/2/2017 4:20pm
The logs, rocks, etc. stay close to the facility for the year. The big equipment is rental. This is the worst part of the build.

imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
11/2/2017 5:23pm
Thanks for the info, that last picture makes my back ache. Does a concrete truck pump it in or is this mixed the hard way?

Have also been curious if there is a test dummy in the build crew to get out there on a bike or if you guys just have it down to a science.
DannoJ919
11/2/2017 5:43pm
imoto34 wrote:
Thanks for the info, that last picture makes my back ache. Does a concrete truck pump it in or is this mixed the hard way? Have...
Thanks for the info, that last picture makes my back ache. Does a concrete truck pump it in or is this mixed the hard way?

Have also been curious if there is a test dummy in the build crew to get out there on a bike or if you guys just have it down to a science.
A truck brings it in but we spread and smooth it. It takes like 7 yards to do the pond.
We all fly in so we don't have a bike to ride. I would test as well as a few others. But we haven't had a chance this year. Shane Shafer and Joey do the main build stuff and they just know it well enough.

imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
11/2/2017 5:57pm
Cool Danno, it is awesome what you guys do and the fact your willing to take the time to share this and answer questions here on Vital.
DannoJ919
11/2/2017 9:18pm
imoto34 wrote:
Cool Danno, it is awesome what you guys do and the fact your willing to take the time to share this and answer questions here on...
Cool Danno, it is awesome what you guys do and the fact your willing to take the time to share this and answer questions here on Vital.
No problem,

I was always a racer so it's pretty cool to see how the other side works making events happen. There is a lot more work put into it than I ever thought. The Endurocross series has some amazing riders and a good crew making the events happen. The events are a great show to watch. Being a small crew everyone is involved and working to progress the series forward and always looking for new ways to challenge the riders but also keep the racing tight. I think that the more we can get feedback from people the better info we have to make a better series.

Being from Michigan I hope the series can get some rounds back east again because I think they can get some good crowds and give a chance to some guys back east to try them out.

Dan
RCB33
Fantasy
118th
11/4/2017 1:01pm
Is there going to be a live stream?
11/4/2017 2:59pm
With most of the hard enduro guys on smokers, why hasn't the EX series followed suit?
Johnny Depp
11/4/2017 3:16pm
With most of the hard enduro guys on smokers, why hasn't the EX series followed suit?
Cody Webb won on a Beta 300 in '14 and a KTM 300 in '15. Chris Cullins would have some good insight on this, but it seems the rider's are able to choose and have migrated to 250f's then 350f's. I presume the power delivery is a factor and the weight is not such a factor as Hard Enduro since EX riders seldom have to lift their bikes over obstacles.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
11/4/2017 7:16pm
What's the deal with the one camera? Contrast is way off
Ted722
11/4/2017 7:39pm
Good Trialcross battle the last couple laps.
ccullins76
11/5/2017 3:02pm
Unlike Boise a lot of the tracks have become jumpy where you have to clear logs or tires right out of a corner and fourstrokes are much easier at that. Even in Boise the finish line jump with the logs was pretty scetchy and was easier to do on a 4t. Then add in the slick flat corners and unfortunately 4t's seem to be the way to go.

Plus in current EX pros don't have an issue getting around the tracks the way they are now. Sure they make mistakes and can make things look ugly, but that's because they're pushing it. Tell any of the top 15 guys to go around the track and not put your foot down and they would do it without a problem. Unlike extreme Enduro where even Cody has to work through and push up stuff. So for that they all go back to 300 two strokes. Personally I like 2 strokes better and wish my son still rode one for EX, I think he might do some things better, but he feels the 350 fourstroke is just easier to ride.

Also forgot to mention fourstrokes are definitely better on the starts and if you can get the holeshot and avoid all the other carnage life is way easier up front.
ccullins76
11/5/2017 3:09pm
DannoJ919 wrote:
The logs, rocks, etc. stay close to the facility for the year. The big equipment is rental. This is the worst part of the build. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/02/223054/s1200_IMG_0550.jpg[/img]...

And that's how the riders kinda know what to expect. Like at Boise the wood pit is always nasty. Last two years it was actually worse than this year.
LungButter
11/5/2017 4:02pm
Some great racing last night. Awesome track.

It's time to ditch trialscross, I'm sure that will ruffle some feathers but it's just boring. It was cool back in the day when it was a novelty, it's just played out now.

15 guys is too many for the main event. It's Carnage and lappers the entire race, too hard for the casual fan to tell what's going on. No joke Lane also makes it confusing, they need to just make them run it every lap of the main, that would likely tighten the racing throughout the field.
DannoJ919
11/5/2017 7:42pm
DannoJ919 wrote:
The logs, rocks, etc. stay close to the facility for the year. The big equipment is rental. This is the worst part of the build. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/02/223054/s1200_IMG_0550.jpg[/img]...

ccullins76 wrote:
And that's how the riders kinda know what to expect. Like at Boise the wood pit is always nasty. Last two years it was actually worse...
And that's how the riders kinda know what to expect. Like at Boise the wood pit is always nasty. Last two years it was actually worse than this year.
Chris,
For sure it gives the riders a clue on what to expect. Tough to change that when you don't want to buy materials every year. We need to keep finding new ways to use the same materials.
I have another couple ideas I want to try in Ontario. But we will see. I'm trying to find a bike to ride on Friday night so maybe it needs to be an easy track. Lol.

Dan
ccullins76
11/6/2017 7:22am
DannoJ919 wrote:

ccullins76 wrote:
And that's how the riders kinda know what to expect. Like at Boise the wood pit is always nasty. Last two years it was actually worse...
DannoJ919 wrote:
Chris, For sure it gives the riders a clue on what to expect. Tough to change that when you don't want to buy materials every year...
Chris,
For sure it gives the riders a clue on what to expect. Tough to change that when you don't want to buy materials every year. We need to keep finding new ways to use the same materials.
I have another couple ideas I want to try in Ontario. But we will see. I'm trying to find a bike to ride on Friday night so maybe it needs to be an easy track. Lol.

Dan
We have a 300 Beta 2t that your more than welcome to use on Friday.
DannoJ919
11/6/2017 10:44am
ccullins76 wrote:
DannoJ919 wrote:
Chris, For sure it gives the riders a clue on what to expect. Tough to change that when you don't want to buy materials every year...
Chris,

Dan
ccullins76 wrote:
We have a 300 Beta 2t that your more than welcome to use on Friday.
Thanks.. I think. Lol. I'm actually driving out to ontario so I'll throw some gear in and see what happens with the build and see if riding looks doable.

Post a reply to: Boise EX build.

The Latest