Bogle's new perspective

O&GDriller
7/1/2020 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2020 3:35pm
I rode Reynard's this past Saturday and Justin was there. He put in a lot of moto's and all there were thrilled to see him back on the bike. Hell, he was riding well into the heat of the afternoon after most had packed up for the day. Everybody commented on how great it was to see him just having fun riding his dirt bike. You could tell he was just having a blast/fun by the tone in his voice, his body language and fluidity on the bike. Dude was flyin' and stylin'!!! He's so smooth and fast it's hard to comprehend his mad skills. Justin has been through a lot and it brought a smile to a lot of faces seeing him just straight up having fun. It was a great day.
Brent
7/1/2020 2:26pm
I sure hope the JB can continue his racing career next season, on the right day he is amazingly fast and smooth.

I just watched his 2017 overall win at Budds in NBC Gold, he has so much raw talent.

hopefully he can get another overall in 450 MX next year.
hamncheeze
7/1/2020 3:11pm
I have been recovering from a fairly heavy concussion for the past 6 weeks. Man, I really feel for guys like Justin who have had multiple head injuries. Hope he can stay healthy.
7/2/2020 3:36am
Was gonna thumbs up but it was sitting at 19 so I didn’t wanna touch it 👍

The Shop

kage173
7/2/2020 4:40am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2020 4:41am
hamncheeze wrote:
I have been recovering from a fairly heavy concussion for the past 6 weeks. Man, I really feel for guys like Justin who have had multiple...
I have been recovering from a fairly heavy concussion for the past 6 weeks. Man, I really feel for guys like Justin who have had multiple head injuries. Hope he can stay healthy.
In my opinion, people in this sport massively underestimate head injuries. Hope you're good bro.
7/2/2020 5:32am
O&GDriller wrote:
I rode Reynard's this past Saturday and Justin was there. He put in a lot of moto's and all there were thrilled to see him back...
I rode Reynard's this past Saturday and Justin was there. He put in a lot of moto's and all there were thrilled to see him back on the bike. Hell, he was riding well into the heat of the afternoon after most had packed up for the day. Everybody commented on how great it was to see him just having fun riding his dirt bike. You could tell he was just having a blast/fun by the tone in his voice, his body language and fluidity on the bike. Dude was flyin' and stylin'!!! He's so smooth and fast it's hard to comprehend his mad skills. Justin has been through a lot and it brought a smile to a lot of faces seeing him just straight up having fun. It was a great day.
Hey I was there too! I was pretty shocked to find out Bogle has a 6 year old kid...and he was taking him for laps around the track. I guess moto is in the family blood. Pretty cool...I got a pic.

O&GDriller
7/2/2020 8:42am
hamncheeze wrote:
I have been recovering from a fairly heavy concussion for the past 6 weeks. Man, I really feel for guys like Justin who have had multiple...
Don't forget he was diagnosed with Epstein Barr prior to the latest concussion. People thought Justin wasn't in shape when he'd get a holeshot and/or good start and fade not realizing it was due to EB. The man puts in the work.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
7/2/2020 9:08am
Hey I was there too! I was pretty shocked to find out Bogle has a 6 year old kid...and he was taking him for laps around...
Hey I was there too! I was pretty shocked to find out Bogle has a 6 year old kid...and he was taking him for laps around the track. I guess moto is in the family blood. Pretty cool...I got a pic.

Well played... Tongue
hamncheeze
7/2/2020 9:29am
kage173 wrote:
In my opinion, people in this sport massively underestimate head injuries. Hope you're good bro.
Thanks man, I'm doing much better. I agree 100% after going through this, head injuries are not understood by anyone who has not had a significant concussion. The first two weeks were really dark. I have zero memory of the day of the crash, and the next 4-5 days were pretty foggy. Had a difficult time initially with noise overload, and the combination of bright light and background noise would completely overload me. My first short walk outdoors went fine until I hit a road with more traffic and then I was unable to cope with the noise. Crazy. Also, my wife noticed my voice had changed. Turns out this is not completely uncommon thing, basically the signal to the soft palette is disrupted and one ends up letting more air into the nasal cavity when speaking. Some exercises from a speech pathologist have fixed that up.

At age 51, this was the first time I've ever been knocked out. I've hit my head quite a few times to a lesser degree but never had one like this. I have seen friends suffer, read accounts of people and their struggles and honestly I could never truly relate until it was happening to me. Like I told my brother, in those first 2 weeks especially, I can be having a perfectly fine day where everything seems 100% normal and then all of a sudden it is not and you just realize you are not right. I can not imagine a pro rider hopping back on the bike and riding SX while still in this state, and I'm sure it's happened.
gt80rider
7/2/2020 12:26pm
Huge Bogle fan... but those big head injuries can absolutely be the reason to hang up the leathers.... He's had more than his fair share of big hits, yet is still one of the fastest humans on the planet... hope his recovery has been going well....
honda341
7/2/2020 1:39pm
Bogle, what a stand up guy. We went out to Reynard's a few years ago. He might have been on Geico then still. He was just out there watching. Went for the uphill quad, track was a little muddy and I'm not that good. I cased it hard, twice. First time, the one I came off the bike on, he came up to check and make sure this spode was alright. What a good guy. Wishing the best for you Bogle!!!
str8line
7/4/2020 8:07am
He just seems like a super solid dude. And he's fun to watch. Incredible speed in the first laps when he gets those great starts. He might fade because of EB but before that he's as fast as anyone.
7/4/2020 2:44pm
I 100% support anything that keeps him from making any more cringe music. But I wonder if this "new perspective" will be enough to keep him on a factory team, despite his poor performance in the 450 class?
MotofactioN
7/4/2020 4:38pm
cappelmans wrote:
Looking forward to some leg swag holeshots again!
Yeah I just wanna see more leg swag. When he had his last moto win, it was so fun watching him just do all kinds of cool shit on the bike, having fun and leading the race.
mb60
7/4/2020 5:01pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2020 5:01pm
I would just like to Captain Bogle stay healthy and have some fun. The guy has style for days and just seems like a cool dude that can ride a dirtbike.
Max D
7/4/2020 9:06pm
kage173 wrote:
Does anyone know how many head injuries he's had?
Max D
7/4/2020 9:36pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Thanks man, I'm doing much better. I agree 100% after going through this, head injuries are not understood by anyone who has not had a significant...
Thanks man, I'm doing much better. I agree 100% after going through this, head injuries are not understood by anyone who has not had a significant concussion. The first two weeks were really dark. I have zero memory of the day of the crash, and the next 4-5 days were pretty foggy. Had a difficult time initially with noise overload, and the combination of bright light and background noise would completely overload me. My first short walk outdoors went fine until I hit a road with more traffic and then I was unable to cope with the noise. Crazy. Also, my wife noticed my voice had changed. Turns out this is not completely uncommon thing, basically the signal to the soft palette is disrupted and one ends up letting more air into the nasal cavity when speaking. Some exercises from a speech pathologist have fixed that up.

At age 51, this was the first time I've ever been knocked out. I've hit my head quite a few times to a lesser degree but never had one like this. I have seen friends suffer, read accounts of people and their struggles and honestly I could never truly relate until it was happening to me. Like I told my brother, in those first 2 weeks especially, I can be having a perfectly fine day where everything seems 100% normal and then all of a sudden it is not and you just realize you are not right. I can not imagine a pro rider hopping back on the bike and riding SX while still in this state, and I'm sure it's happened.
I agree with you. A person that has never suffered a moderate to severe head injury doesn't get it. You explained the most common symptoms very well. I too have had multiple concussions, and two were loss of consciousness. All from the military overseas though, none from MX. But they're all somewhat similar. Head injuries are very complex and confusing. From my experience being treated for them for over 10 yrs now, i'm not too sure medical personnel have it figured out either. They are known as the silent killer, also a silent disability, because most people suffering are quiet about it due to thinking others will not understand their symptoms or even care for that matter. The scariest thing about head injuries imo is that you never know when a symptom or multiple symptoms will creep up on you and the shit last forever it seems like. I mean my last concussion was 2011 and i'm still fucked up from it. The most common symptom I have from head injuries, besides chronic headaches and mood swings, is depression. Its REAL and it sucks! I pray for all athletes and service members out there that are suffering or have suffered from moderate to severe head injuries. I hope you get better and same for Bogle! Keep grinding! Sorry for the long post. I just felt like you explained some of the symptoms extremely well and it's not every day people will come out and talk about it. Glad your doing better!
hamncheeze
7/5/2020 4:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2020 4:53pm
Max D wrote:
Does anyone know how many head injuries he's had?
RE Bogle: I know he had a bad run at the end of 2017. Hard crash at MEC, I think he was accidentally cross jumped. Then another one I think due to a mechanical failure not long after.

He did a podcast with Jason Weigandt at the end of 2018 (or early 2019). If I can find it I’ll link it.

EDIT: I think Justin Bogle talks about his concussions in both of these. I'm going to listen to them again, he's a pretty good interview and a guy with a much bigger view on life than your average pro motocrosser.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-racer-x-podcast-network/id135…

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-racer-x-podcast-network/id135…

Post a reply to: Bogle's new perspective

The Latest