Bogle Out For Remainder of Outdoors

H4L
6/9/2022 6:56am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2022 7:06am
Sandusky26 wrote:
Honda came stock with steering dampeners, and I see most of them with the fork tube flush. Pretty common nowadays to run the fork tube flush...
Honda came stock with steering dampeners, and I see most of them with the fork tube flush. Pretty common nowadays to run the fork tube flush, I did on my Honda and Suzuki.
Ok. I thought we were talking about current models. Recall the 16 model CRF being the last yr. that came with one. The 17+ didn’t come with one. What year CRF450r ?
I don’t remember him getting lapped on the orange bike..
Sandusky26
6/9/2022 7:05am
Pretty sure the 09 to 16 had steering dampeners. Honda even added 5mm to the forks for stability in 16 I think. You don't remember Bogle being lapped last year because his fenders weren't yellow. Now he has yellow fenders people seem to care more. Did he finish a SX season on a orange bike?
Juck
Fantasy
309th
6/9/2022 7:12am
Honestly I think being on the Suzuki is a bigger disadvantage than most people would think. Most industry guys seem to disagree and it's heavily dependent on the rider (Doesn't seem to have made much of a difference with Anstie) I've never ridden one so I admit I'm talking out of my ass a bit here but Enticknap did better on a privateer Honda than that bike, and he got on it in 2019. Maybe he wasn't trying as hard, I don't know. I think they have more support from Suzuki now than they did back then but I'd guess that 3 years of bike development more than negates that.

Good chance I'm totally wrong here, just throwing it out there.
Johnny Ringo
6/9/2022 7:24am
Juck wrote:
Honestly I think being on the Suzuki is a bigger disadvantage than most people would think. Most industry guys seem to disagree and it's heavily dependent...
Honestly I think being on the Suzuki is a bigger disadvantage than most people would think. Most industry guys seem to disagree and it's heavily dependent on the rider (Doesn't seem to have made much of a difference with Anstie) I've never ridden one so I admit I'm talking out of my ass a bit here but Enticknap did better on a privateer Honda than that bike, and he got on it in 2019. Maybe he wasn't trying as hard, I don't know. I think they have more support from Suzuki now than they did back then but I'd guess that 3 years of bike development more than negates that.

If you put Eli Tomac on that bike, he is still top 3

The Shop

stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
6/9/2022 7:34am
Sandusky26 wrote:
Pretty sure the 09 to 16 had steering dampeners. Honda even added 5mm to the forks for stability in 16 I think. You don't remember Bogle...
Pretty sure the 09 to 16 had steering dampeners. Honda even added 5mm to the forks for stability in 16 I think. You don't remember Bogle being lapped last year because his fenders weren't yellow. Now he has yellow fenders people seem to care more. Did he finish a SX season on a orange bike?
He did.
Moto520
6/9/2022 8:05am
Bogle is still a viable option for some team. He can still make a great living doing what he does and i hope he doesn't get forced into retirement or something. Great rider that deserves a second tier ride. awesome rider and great personality. An asset to the sport and i hope we see him out there in 2023. Maybe world supercross could revamp his career!
suspensionguy
Fantasy
2001st
6/9/2022 11:31am
As someone who has a rmz and some current gen ktm’s, I can tell you it’s not the bike.

Could be wrong but weren’t Antsie’s results worse on the Ktm this year?
wicksy85
Fantasy
1276th
6/9/2022 11:47am
He hasn't been the same since his best mate passed away either remember, he just isn't copping with his death at all and it's affecting him mentally
mb60
6/9/2022 12:09pm
wicksy85 wrote:
He hasn't been the same since his best mate passed away either remember, he just isn't copping with his death at all and it's affecting him...
He hasn't been the same since his best mate passed away either remember, he just isn't copping with his death at all and it's affecting him mentally
Agreed and he will be getting married soon. Maybe some time away and a new ride will get him in the right direction.
6/9/2022 12:12pm
wicksy85 wrote:
He hasn't been the same since his best mate passed away either remember, he just isn't copping with his death at all and it's affecting him...
Who was the poor guy?
Didn't know about this.
hubbardmx50
6/9/2022 12:18pm
He's probably just jaded with things at the moment. Probably needs a break and a change of scenery.
suspensionguy
Fantasy
2001st
6/9/2022 12:28pm
wicksy85 wrote:
insertinfo wrote:
Who was the poor guy?
Didn't know about this.
Ryan Federow, mountain bike champion. Motorcycle accident.
Deadric
Fantasy
4135th
6/9/2022 12:30pm
wicksy85 wrote:
insertinfo wrote:
Who was the poor guy?
Didn't know about this.
Im pretty sure they're referring to Ryan Fedorow.
bens152
6/9/2022 2:53pm
Juck wrote:
Honestly I think being on the Suzuki is a bigger disadvantage than most people would think. Most industry guys seem to disagree and it's heavily dependent...

If you put Eli Tomac on that bike, he is still top 3
The same Eli who on a Star Yamaha faded back to 7th at round one because he was uncomfortable. Then a week later won a moto when he was comfortable.

At this level, comfort to is important. And there is a lot of talk about riders being unhappy (uncomfortable) on that bike. I’m sure Bogle knows risk v reward very well with his past injuries. Throw in some life curve balls and being bashed online every week, it’s gotta take its toll.

They guy is one of the most upbeat, genuine guys out there. I hope he takes some time away and figured things out. It was last year he had unofficially retired because of how much he was struggling, and had another head injury.

Me personally I want to keep guys like Bogle in the sport, he brings a lot with his personality and interviews.
USA
Fantasy
428th
6/10/2022 6:21pm
What was it? The post is showing as deleted.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/10/2022 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 6/10/2022 6:49pm
Weltin made a post about joining HEP Suzuki for the rest of the nationals, but he took it down.

Edit:

plowboy
6/10/2022 6:29pm
Justin is a bit too pretty for me. We've been in the same room a few times and it's always bad for me. Like setting a bowl of fish guts next to a prime rib. Folks notice the difference.
wb173
6/10/2022 6:53pm
plowboy wrote:
Justin is a bit too pretty for me. We've been in the same room a few times and it's always bad for me. Like setting a...
Justin is a bit too pretty for me. We've been in the same room a few times and it's always bad for me. Like setting a bowl of fish guts next to a prime rib. Folks notice the difference.
Haven't heard any of new releases either... not sure what's going on here.
Tater
Fantasy
400th
6/10/2022 8:30pm

Post a reply to: Bogle Out For Remainder of Outdoors

The Latest