BobbyM, Now you can really own a piece of Mike Alessi!

Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:20pm
Alright BobbyM and the rest of you Alessi fans, Now is your chance to own a real piece of Mighty Mike! I just put the Alessi autographed jersey below on E-bay. Mike wore this during his short 2009 MX racing season. He donated this to our "Day to Play in the Dirt" charity event to help us raise money. So if you really want a piece of Mike, now you can buy it!!

E-bay Auction Item number: 120502390789
|
BobbyM
12/5/2009 1:56pm
Alright BobbyM and the rest of you Alessi fans, Now is your chance to own a real piece of Mighty Mike! I just put the Alessi...
Alright BobbyM and the rest of you Alessi fans, Now is your chance to own a real piece of Mighty Mike! I just put the Alessi autographed jersey below on E-bay. Mike wore this during his short 2009 MX racing season. He donated this to our "Day to Play in the Dirt" charity event to help us raise money. So if you really want a piece of Mike, now you can buy it!!

E-bay Auction Item number: 120502390789
that is very cool. charity is good. i have some really cool alessi stuff thanks to tony, mike and danielle already and i will never give em up...sans maybe a charity event
12/5/2009 3:51pm
Thanks for the kind words BobbyM! I already have a few folks "watching" the auction. My goal is to make enough funds to add another ride in our "Pit Row". Last year the Alessi jersey sale paid for the moonwalk! I want to add a giant slide this year.

12/10/2009 11:24am
Good afternoon friends, There are a couple of days left on this auction just in case you would like to add an Alessi autographed jersey to your collection. Next up for auction will be a Petersen print of Travis Pastrana! These auction proceeds are used to rent the amusements we set up for our kids on our special "Pit Row". For more information, see our "Day to Play in the Dirt" page on Facebook!

The Shop

500guy
12/10/2009 11:49am
Very cool

Nice job you are doing on this Day to Play deal
12/10/2009 12:35pm
Thank you for the kind words. This has become one of the few events when many groups of our local MX community (racers, recreational riders, off road riders, etc). come together for one great cause. I can tell ya I am enjoying it a lot more on this 2nd year, getting it all together for the first event last year was quite a task. But MX people are 2nd to none when it comes to reaching out to share the passion for the sport. So I have a lot more people involved this year that really make all this work fun. And of course I get my real reward when I see the expressions on the kids faces when they twist that throttle for the first time: : :
12/12/2009 7:40am
Good morning friends. The auction for the Mike Alessi autographed jersey ends today, so it's not too late to add to your MX collection!

I am hoping to score a few more items to auction off over the next few months to continue to raise money for out "Day to Play in the Dirt" charity event (see Facebook). If any of you pro's would like to donate an autographed item. I would be glad to pick it up at the Phoenix SX in January!

Also, for those of you that would still like to donate used helmets and used riding boots, we still need some in youth and small adult sizes. I have a little bit of funds in our paypal account I can use to pay your shipping if you would like.

Thank you all for your support!

ProMed
12/12/2009 9:11am
Rocket Launcher, why do you rarely ever post about anything other than Mike or Tony Alessi?
12/12/2009 10:04am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:25pm
ProMed wrote:
Rocket Launcher, why do you rarely ever post about anything other than Mike or Tony Alessi?
Fair question. I guess because Alessi matters are one of the few topics I feel like I actually know something about thats news worthy enough to share, and in general those threads are fun.

There are a lot of folks on this board that know a great deal about the sport and so its a bit intimidating for others to post here at times. And the board regulars are pretty quick to torch newbs if their opiniona/news/comments/rumors don't seem to be up to par. As a result of my charity work, I do know a few more folks in the industry and hear good stuff once in a while, but those people/riders don't seem to get mentioned often in posts on this board.

Also, on most days, like today, I am sitting on the board keeping up with whats going on but have limited time to post because I am working mostly. However, since I have gotten to know a few more of you recently I am trying to post a bit more here and there. I will do better to conform.

And Mr. ProMed, if you would like to become a sponsor of my event, I promise I will talk a great deal about you as well!
ProMed
12/12/2009 1:26pm
Do you have any financial or professional interest in your relationship with anyone in the Alessi family?
12/12/2009 1:41pm
Kind of, but not really. Because of my profession, I offer finacial/risk planning advice to them, but for the most part, I am just friends with Tony.

Its kind of an interesting story. I actually met Tony at an airport when we were about to get on a plane together. He had on Alpinestart shoes, so I figured he was a MX guy and struck up a conversation. We are about the same age and are both fathers that are crazy about MX, so we really hit it off. For about the first hour, I had no idea who he was. I was just really enjoying his company. I have a MX friend that does website work for several of the European riders and I had some interesting scoop I was sharing with him. And because of my charity work, I know a few others in teh MX business I talk with from time to time. He was impressed with some of my insight so he told me who he was. I got a good laugh out of that since I had no idea.

We sat together on the plane and had a few hours to dig into the business of sports and all. There are some folks at my firm that specialize in financial/risk planning for professiomnal athletes so I shared some of what I know. He already has a CPA that takes really good care of them so I now just offer the financial/risk planning advice when its needed.

But to be honest, when we get together, we do what most moto dads like us do......talk about our kids and the sport we love!
ProMed
12/12/2009 2:24pm
Kind of, but not really. Because of my profession, I offer finacial/risk planning advice to them, but for the most part, I am just friends with...
Kind of, but not really. Because of my profession, I offer finacial/risk planning advice to them, but for the most part, I am just friends with Tony.

Its kind of an interesting story. I actually met Tony at an airport when we were about to get on a plane together. He had on Alpinestart shoes, so I figured he was a MX guy and struck up a conversation. We are about the same age and are both fathers that are crazy about MX, so we really hit it off. For about the first hour, I had no idea who he was. I was just really enjoying his company. I have a MX friend that does website work for several of the European riders and I had some interesting scoop I was sharing with him. And because of my charity work, I know a few others in teh MX business I talk with from time to time. He was impressed with some of my insight so he told me who he was. I got a good laugh out of that since I had no idea.

We sat together on the plane and had a few hours to dig into the business of sports and all. There are some folks at my firm that specialize in financial/risk planning for professiomnal athletes so I shared some of what I know. He already has a CPA that takes really good care of them so I now just offer the financial/risk planning advice when its needed.

But to be honest, when we get together, we do what most moto dads like us do......talk about our kids and the sport we love!
Have you ever received compensation from anyone in the Alessi family?
12/12/2009 2:41pm
ProMed wrote:
Why do you ask? I have no problem answering the question, but I am curious as to why you are asking.
ProMed
12/12/2009 6:24pm
ProMed wrote:
Why do you ask? I have no problem answering the question, but I am curious as to why you are asking.
I am forming my own opinion as to why you rarely ever post about anything other than Mike or Tony Alessi.
12/12/2009 6:50pm
ProMed wrote:
ProMed wrote:
I am forming my own opinion as to why you rarely ever post about anything other than Mike or Tony Alessi.
Cross-examination!
12/12/2009 8:50pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:26pm
As long as inquiring minds really want to know.....

.....the only form of any compensation I have ever received from the Alessi's has been their wonderful contributions (all non cash) to my charity event (such as the jersey above). And I really appreciate that because it helps me get great recognition for my event kids.

And just in case the Alessi's did decided to purchase some kind of retirement plan or risk protection products I recommend from the guys down the hall, I still would not make a dime off of that either. Thats not my firm that sells those products, related, but not the same company. They might buy me lunch for the referral, but thats about all I would get.

I am not sure where this takes with you with your opinion forming, but thats about all there is to it. But for the record, I do post on other threads, I just don't post multiple times on other threads because there are not as many comments about what I write unless its an Alessi thread. Just look at some of the Formula 1 (my other passion, I am a big Massa fan) threads under non-moto, I post on those quite often.

The Alessi Jersey auction went really well! We raised enough money for the amusements we will have on our "Pit Row". We can still use a few more items for the kids goody bags and more riding equipment, so please donate if you can. Rance
BobbyM
12/12/2009 9:04pm
ProMed wrote:
he gets paid to represent...soon as somebody pays him for knobby selection he'll post about that. :
12/12/2009 9:08pm
BobbyM wrote:
he gets paid to represent...soon as somebody pays him for knobby selection he'll post about that. :
BobbyM, you gonna make it to Phoenix? My son won't find out I am taking him until he opens the present Christmas morning. We should get to Chase Field around 1:00 or so.
88sdad
12/12/2009 9:36pm
How much did you get for the jersey?

What do autographed jerseys go for?

At Hangtown in 03-04 my friends son, bought a autographed Ricky Carmichael/ woodpecker jersey for $100, was that a good deal?
12/12/2009 9:42pm
I have sold donated pants and jerseys before. The Jerseys usually sell for more.

This one sold for $180! Thats the most I have sold one for so far.

The prices for MX autographs are all over the place. I see autographed jerseys sell for $50 to $300. I am no expert, but your RC jersey sounds like a pretty good deal.
BobbyM
12/12/2009 11:32pm
BobbyM wrote:
BobbyM, you gonna make it to Phoenix? My son won't find out I am taking him until he opens the present Christmas morning. We should get...
BobbyM, you gonna make it to Phoenix? My son won't find out I am taking him until he opens the present Christmas morning. We should get to Chase Field around 1:00 or so.
it's too far to go for me....Smile
i'll be there...ride my scooter over for practice

Post a reply to: BobbyM, Now you can really own a piece of Mike Alessi!

The Latest