Bobby Hewitt and his team

Related:
Create New Tag

2/27/2018 11:39 AM

I don't think they are given the credit they deserve by the media or fans. Other teams seem to get a lot more attention. He has stuck by his riders and is on the verge of getting the SX title with a guy many had written off not too long ago.I say kudos. I've always thought teams and riders are too quick to part ways when things don't measure up to expectations, maybe sticking it out for the long haul is better for both.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

2/27/2018 11:50 AM

Agreed. Bobby was running the old Team Green for years, and then worked his team up to the pros and through multiple OEMs and primary sponsors to get where they are today. Great team, great OEM, great sponsor. Happy to see them winning!

|

2/27/2018 12:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2018 12:02 PM

Classy guy and, indeed, very loyal---and a consensus builder.
Could see him running MoN effort after Roger bows out.

|

2/27/2018 12:08 PM

Agreed, couple years ago when he stuck with Anderson I didn't see it but I started to get on the Anderson wagon right around the time he started training at the baker factory. they been together for a while I think if I recall correctly.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

2/27/2018 2:05 PM

I think the biggest thing he has brought to the pros is keeping a team roser consistent. years ago it wasnt unheard of for guys to bounce teams every 2-3 years religiously. Its becoming common place to keep a rider much longer with the idea that keeping a guy and not changing a good program benefits both rider and team

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

2/27/2018 2:42 PM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

Agreed, couple years ago when he stuck with Anderson I didn't see it but I started to get on the Anderson wagon right around ...more

They've been together since Jason turned pro and with his new contract extension probably until he retires...

|

“I’m not Swap…”

2/27/2018 3:23 PM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

Agreed, couple years ago when he stuck with Anderson I didn't see it but I started to get on the Anderson wagon right around ...more

DonM wrote:

They've been together since Jason turned pro and with his new contract extension probably until he retires...

I think Jason has been with Bobby Hewitt since his last year of amateurs. He said he'll be there for the remainder of his career unless they decide to get rid of him. He's happy there and doing well. No point in switching up the program in my opinion. Riding for arguably the best manufacturer doesn't hurt either.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."