Related:
Create New Tag

4/27/2020 12:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2020 12:21 PM

Looks like he's out as Team Manager
|

4/27/2020 12:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2020 12:20 PM

Holy crow. Any connection to the Anderson, Baker deal?

|

4/27/2020 12:23 PM

fullfloater wrote:

Holy crow. Any connection to the Anderson, Baker deal?

I was wondering the same thing.

|

4/27/2020 12:23 PM

Wow!😮

|

4/27/2020 12:27 PM

Dang I thought he was the man that pretty much started that team.

|

4/27/2020 12:40 PM

Yea I thought it was HIS team no????

|

4/27/2020 12:52 PM

Um. Wasnt he managing the team while Husky got 250SX/MX titles, and a 450 SX title. Great PR signing up and helping deano. Sending riders to the MXON.
The Husky team has looked like one of the best teams to be on for years now. Why would he leave??

|

4/27/2020 12:54 PM

Would GasGas team manager be a possibility?

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

4/27/2020 12:58 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

He sold it to Husky a couple years ago.

|

4/27/2020 1:03 PM

Maybe he has better things to do.

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

4/27/2020 1:06 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

How do you sell the Husky team to Husky?

|

4/27/2020 1:18 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

BigBoreFan58 wrote:

I own a bmx team. Its a legal corporation. 501c3 status to be able to accept sponsorships and it be of value to the sponsor. If one of our sponsors wants to buy the team and make it their own, they can audit and have it valuated based on assets and Sponsors under contract and buy it for that stated value. Same thing for Hewitt. Husky bought the assets and value of sponsors.

|

4/27/2020 1:25 PM

mister2dt wrote:

I own a bmx team. Its a legal corporation. 501c3 status to be able to accept sponsorships and it be of value to the sponsor. If one of our sponsors wants to buy the team and make it their own, they can audit and have it valuated based on assets and Sponsors under contract and buy it for that stated value. Same thing for Hewitt. Husky bought the assets and value of sponsors.

Sweet. What team?

|

4/27/2020 1:27 PM

BigBoreFan58 wrote:

It wasn't always a Husky team. 2013 they ran Suzuki's, and then they switched to KTM for 2014. I believe it was the next year when they switched to Husqvarna and I assume that's when Bobby Hewitt sold the team but they kept him on as team manager.

|

4/27/2020 2:34 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

BigBoreFan58 wrote:

They Come to an agreement, sign some papers and Husky writes a check and it becomes there’s, simple.

|

4/27/2020 2:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2020 2:43 PM

Is he still involved/own his countertops business? In for the long haul - 7/15

"After the first year, Empire Countertops began to grow. Today he has more than 150 employees in seven different markets. The new business wasn’t the first time Hewitt would have to adjust to change. In fact, his ability to recognize trends and capitalize on opportunity was something he brought from the business world to racing. Now he’s in both for the long haul."

|

4/27/2020 2:52 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

BigBoreFan58 wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

It wasn't always a Husky team. 2013 they ran Suzuki's, and then they switched to KTM for 2014. I believe it was the next year when they switched to Husqvarna and I assume that's when Bobby Hewitt sold the team but they kept him on as team manager.

The team goes back to 2008ish, used to be team grean support team with Canidae dog food as a sponsor, once his kid hunter went pro, the team switched to Motorsport Outlet Kawi, then Rockstar Suzuki for a few years, one year as a ktm team and finally found factory support with Husky.

|

4/27/2020 3:46 PM

Met Bobby over a decade ago, really cool guy, straight shooter. At the time, they were on yellow, and he had JMart on his amateur squad to give you an idea...... Anyway, to me it's a very safe bet to say nothing out of line has happened, just legit business. Bobby is good people, pretty certain he will still be around. Good guy to have in your corner....

|

4/27/2020 3:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2020 4:02 PM

BUTWHY? wrote:

The team goes back to 2008ish, used to be team grean support team with Canidae dog food as a sponsor, once his kid hunter went pro, the team switched to Motorsport Outlet Kawi, then Rockstar Suzuki for a few years, one year as a ktm team and finally found factory support with Husky.

Thanks for the info. I knew it went back further than 2013 but definitely don’t know all the info, earliest memory I have is Tommy Hahn in 2010. I’m pretty sure it was the same team anyway lol.

|

4/27/2020 4:00 PM

BigBoreFan58 wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

BUTWHY? wrote:

Actually, MotoSport Kawi was before the Canidae thing. It was Xtreme Team Green, then he purchased the MotoSport Kawi pro team, then Canidae came along, then Rockstar and the switch to Suzuki, then just Rockstar (still on Suzukis though without OEM support) and one year as Rockstar KTM as the Husqvarna thing was looming.

I think that's the correct order.

He had the am team for awhile, first pro team was 08 I believe. Still ran the am team during the Kawi and Suzuki years.

|

4/27/2020 4:29 PM

Did someone say Rockstar/ Target Husqvana team, manager Ryan Dungey!

|

4/27/2020 5:15 PM

Anyone else notice how the Husky's do not look as good on the track, almost like KTM wants competitive but still wants KTM to be #1?

|

4/27/2020 5:52 PM

Damn. Can you imagine how much it would cost your like if people were so up your ass about the job you have?

|

4/27/2020 6:27 PM

mister2dt wrote:

You do realize that you can't 'own' a 501(c)(3) entity right?

|

4/27/2020 6:31 PM

BigBoreFan58 wrote:

mister2dt wrote:

ACBraap wrote:

You do realize that you can't 'own' a 501(c)(3) entity right?

Laymans terms..... I control it. Better?

|

4/27/2020 6:44 PM

mister2dt wrote:

Laymans terms..... I control it. Better?

Better phrasing, yes. 👍

Just don't want others to get the wrong idea. You can control and more or less be a custodian of a nonprofit, but you have to be very careful about transactions between a controlling person and a related nonprofit entity, and the assets ultimately have to go to a nonprofit cause or another nonprofit org. It is one of the worst areas of tax in terms of penalties when screwed up.

|

4/27/2020 8:04 PM

Wait a second?

The Husky Team isn't owned by Husky?

No Way!

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

4/27/2020 11:45 PM

It’s one thing for a higher up to go away under poor performance, but the shocker here is definitely because of Bobby doing a fantastic job from everything I’ve seen or been involved with.

|

Race Tech Director of Marketing
www.racetech.com
Proud supporters of VitalMX. Ask me about the VitalMX Discount!

4/28/2020 12:14 AM

What if Hewitt himself wanted a change? He used to be the owner and have the most control of the operation, it can't be easy to "only" be a team manager after that?

|

4/28/2020 1:21 AM

Suzuki is planning his comeback so this was obvious... rockstar energy back with the yellow dinosaur😂😂🤣

|