Bob Moore's 909 FMF Honda

9/3/2020 7:08am
BM overcame a lot to reach his goals. I believe he had some sort of growth disorder as a kid that held him back for a while. Great story of determination and resilience. Legend.
9/3/2020 6:17pm
Bob,s corner speed was Great, it seemed like he got the bike up rite quicker. Coming out of corners, fastest way to the next obstacle. He also speaks fluent Italian. I speak some. My co stuck me in Newark NJ for over a day. So I walked to a Small Italian restaurant. Order of pasta and Phily cheese steaks. Just to mess with the guy, I say excitedly where is the emonzo- meat and the fromage- cheese in French language. He gets all excited speaking Italian. The total is 21.85, I say kustovo- expensive, Both of us are just having fun, the Jersey way. I tell Him Great food for a dump. He says thank you man.
FJ993
1/7/2021 1:47am
Sorry to ressurect this, but does Bobby still ride? Would he, if he had, say, a year notice, and the race was something that would interest...
Sorry to ressurect this, but does Bobby still ride? Would he, if he had, say, a year notice, and the race was something that would interest him like no other race could?
langhammx wrote:
He does not ride much these days, he works for the Wasserman Group as an agent. I believe he mostly works with MotoGP riders. I have...
He does not ride much these days, he works for the Wasserman Group as an agent. I believe he mostly works with MotoGP riders. I have offered my bikes and a place to stay and have yet to get him to commit. lol But I doubt he’d be interested in racing at 54 years old, if that’s what you’re thinking. I’d be glad to pass on a message if you’d like ?

My email is langhammx@sbcglobal.net
Shaun

I take a long shot and checking with you if you know what silencer Bob ran on his chesterfield yamaha in -94? FMF or Arrow?
He did you ran FMF exhaust.

Thanks
Fredrik
bigk218
Fantasy
3130th
1/7/2021 10:27am
What ever happened to factory 909 as a company/brand

The Shop

Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
1/7/2021 10:57pm
Sorry to ressurect this, but does Bobby still ride? Would he, if he had, say, a year notice, and the race was something that would interest...
Sorry to ressurect this, but does Bobby still ride? Would he, if he had, say, a year notice, and the race was something that would interest him like no other race could?
langhammx wrote:
He does not ride much these days, he works for the Wasserman Group as an agent. I believe he mostly works with MotoGP riders. I have...
He does not ride much these days, he works for the Wasserman Group as an agent. I believe he mostly works with MotoGP riders. I have offered my bikes and a place to stay and have yet to get him to commit. lol But I doubt he’d be interested in racing at 54 years old, if that’s what you’re thinking. I’d be glad to pass on a message if you’d like ?

My email is langhammx@sbcglobal.net
FJ993 wrote:
Shaun I take a long shot and checking with you if you know what silencer Bob ran on his chesterfield yamaha in -94? FMF or Arrow...
Shaun

I take a long shot and checking with you if you know what silencer Bob ran on his chesterfield yamaha in -94? FMF or Arrow?
He did you ran FMF exhaust.

Thanks
Fredrik
Hello Fredrik, Bob's Chesterfield Yamaha that you speak of is standing in his garage on display. The exhaust and silencer are not FMF and I'm pretty sure the (pipe & silencer) were factory made in Japan. Ill reach out to Bob for comment on the exhaust system and will post back here once I've heard from him.
1/8/2021 11:41am
I watched Bob race in those Duke videos, 90,s world championships. He was really fast, corner speed was awesome. His 94 YZ125 was fast as hell.
I watched Bob race in those Duke videos, 90,s world championships. He was really fast, corner speed was awesome. His 94 YZ125 was fast as hell.
Duke Videos, great memories.
a22
1/8/2021 12:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2021 12:02pm
Great memories of Bob on the all white Chesterfield 250cc Yams- him, Schmit and Puzar - all team mates. Those bikes and riders all flew fast back in the 90's era. Super times.

That was such a competitive time- were loads of riders fast enough to win- from each GP to the next. Must have been like 10 riders who were capable of winning. Yes- the Duke Vids are super!
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
1/8/2021 12:27pm
Boomslang wrote:
Hello Fredrik, Bob's Chesterfield Yamaha that you speak of is standing in his garage on display. The exhaust and silencer are not FMF and I'm pretty...
Hello Fredrik, Bob's Chesterfield Yamaha that you speak of is standing in his garage on display. The exhaust and silencer are not FMF and I'm pretty sure the (pipe & silencer) were factory made in Japan. Ill reach out to Bob for comment on the exhaust system and will post back here once I've heard from him.
Boomslang,
The pipe in the pic you posted has the FMF badge on the pipe. Bobby is a close friend of mine, I’ll inquire on the silencer...
FJ993
1/8/2021 12:45pm
langhammx wrote:
Boomslang, The pipe in the pic you posted has the FMF badge on the pipe. Bobby is a close friend of mine, I’ll inquire on the...
Boomslang,
The pipe in the pic you posted has the FMF badge on the pipe. Bobby is a close friend of mine, I’ll inquire on the silencer...
Sounds great Shaun. Thanks
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
1/8/2021 12:58pm
langhammx wrote:
Boomslang, The pipe in the pic you posted has the FMF badge on the pipe. Bobby is a close friend of mine, I’ll inquire on the...
Boomslang,
FJ993 wrote:
Yes it was FMF pipe / silencer all year in 94.

^^ from Bobby
FJ993
1/8/2021 1:12pm
langhammx wrote:
Boomslang,
FJ993 wrote:
langhammx wrote:

^^ from Bobby
Many thanks Shaun for the help.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
1/8/2021 1:38pm
FJ993 wrote:
langhammx wrote:

^^ from Bobby
FJ993 wrote:
Many thanks Shaun for the help.
No problem 👍🏼
Spudnut
1/8/2021 5:26pm
bigk218 wrote:
What ever happened to factory 909 as a company/brand
I’m also curious.
1/8/2021 5:35pm
Boomslang wrote:
Year 1999 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/10/07/378448/s1200_Screenshot_20191008_073112_Samsung_Internet.jpg[/img] How the 909 bike came about. Chris Gosselaar was one of four riders on the FMF Honda team. An unfortunate incident left him...
Year 1999

How the 909 bike came about. Chris Gosselaar was one of four riders on the FMF Honda team. An unfortunate incident left him with two broken feet when his bike shut down on the face of a big jump.

Bobby was the FMF team manager at the time.

Along came Danny LaPorte who was launching the 909 range of product, Danny pitched his idea to Bob. Build a 909 bike and hit the outdoors to promote 909.

Bobby decided to roll with the idea. Goose's mechanic was gone and I was pulled in to come wrench for Bob. We used Goose's bike as a base and with time dialed it in for Bob. While his fitness was not where it should have been he nevertheless was fast.

The dream started to derail - Varner, Bobby and myself were out testing carburators one day (a few weeks out from the start of the outdoors) when Bob went down hard and injured his shoulder.

That appeared to be the end of Danny's promo.

Come Glen Helen and Bob decided to give it a go. He was on pace in practice but his shoulder was still hurting so he decided to call it a day....or season..

Then came Mount Morris...Bob wanted another shot.

Both motos he was running top five before fading. The speed was there but not the fitness.

It was fun whilst it lasted and I stand to be corrected but that was Bob's last pro race.

Sadly, pictures of the bike are rare. We did do a professional photo shoot at a studio with the bike but can't remember where or who shot the pics.

Bob Moore is a great guy and it was a privilege to be part of that deal. Awesome memories.
Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed reading that.
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
1/8/2021 8:49pm
Boomslang wrote:
Hello Fredrik, Bob's Chesterfield Yamaha that you speak of is standing in his garage on display. The exhaust and silencer are not FMF and I'm pretty...
langhammx wrote:
Boomslang,
Thanks Langha, appreciate the clarity that you have provided.
5/22/2021 8:05am
ZOBITO wrote:
As often, Tony's a gold mine... https://www.flickriver.com/photos/tblazier/sets/72157647650850904/ [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/05/22/494251/s1200_Capture_d_e_cran_2021_05_22_a_16.29.02.jpg[/img]
Yeah Tony does find a lot of cool 2-st stuff. I have a challenge for him, Tuf Honda cr125 ax bikes. Countless rippers raced them. Chad Johnson, Jeff Wiloh, j. Buehl, in 02. Back to 1985 Keith Bowen, Ron Tichner, Ron lechien, John Dowd, over a dozen riders. The oldest privateer team in America. Tuf racing.
dpingree101
5/22/2021 4:23pm
I rode for FMF Honda their first year in 1998, and Bobby was the manager. Can confirm that he was faster than any of us when he would throw a leg over the bike. Bit of a head-scratcher for all of us. But once you look at his pedigree, it shouldn’t surprise... he won the very first 125 west region supercross title in 1985, then moved to Europe and eventually won a world title. He doesn’t get nearly the credit he deserves as a rider. Awesome human as well. Man, I need to get him on my show. Lol.
neverwas
Fantasy
868th
5/22/2021 4:53pm
I rode for FMF Honda their first year in 1998, and Bobby was the manager. Can confirm that he was faster than any of us when...
I rode for FMF Honda their first year in 1998, and Bobby was the manager. Can confirm that he was faster than any of us when he would throw a leg over the bike. Bit of a head-scratcher for all of us. But once you look at his pedigree, it shouldn’t surprise... he won the very first 125 west region supercross title in 1985, then moved to Europe and eventually won a world title. He doesn’t get nearly the credit he deserves as a rider. Awesome human as well. Man, I need to get him on my show. Lol.
That would be a great show!
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
5/22/2021 7:43pm
I rode for FMF Honda their first year in 1998, and Bobby was the manager. Can confirm that he was faster than any of us when...

I was a little affraid of him at first but he is a solid dude.

langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/22/2021 10:08pm
Have you asked him ?

Post a reply to: Bob Moore's 909 FMF Honda

The Latest