Bob Hannah question

chrisbuehler
8/9/2012 6:28am
It had nothing to do with whether one guy could whoop the other in a fist fight or whatever and it had everything to do with...
It had nothing to do with whether one guy could whoop the other in a fist fight or whatever and it had everything to do with what would happen on the track. Bob didn't have anybody "buffaloed" he was in their heads because he was fit as hell and willing to hang it out at all cost while able to hang on to the bars 99% of the time and not there to be pals with anyone especially on the track. He was "The Intimidator" on two wheels.
That's what I was getting at. We are watching these guys because they are bad mofos on a bike not for there MMA skills lol. I can handle my business pretty well but would rather have these guys bike skills any day of the week
OldYZRider1
8/9/2012 12:58pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2012 1:47pm
Tripes was driving the boat....
jock wrote:
He had to take him out to beat him. Wink
Made the 5 hr one way trek to Red Bud twice in 1979 in anticipation of watching Hannah smoke everybody. I was riding YZ's so I had to see the sensational Yamaha rider. Went to the National and Tripes beat him soundly both motos. Went again to the Trans USA (what a joke of a race, all hype) only to learn he'd broke his leg water skiing behind Tripes boat and wasn't there! Was a poor college boy for a few years afterward and never did get to see him race.

RC took a page from Hannahs style book though; no matter where the bike has thrown you (on or off it) just keep the throttle on and drag yourself back on it Smile
TX24
8/9/2012 1:19pm
mrquick wrote:
Bob was a bada$$, in 1984 I was at a national and watched Bob lap the entire field up to second place.When the checkered flag waved...
Bob was a bada$$, in 1984 I was at a national and watched Bob lap the entire field up to second place.When the checkered flag waved he was inches off the second place guy.Thats how close he came to lapping everyone.The
2nd place guy that didn't get lapped that day? David Bailey.
ehr400 wrote:
Never knew that. Where was that at? Hannah could twist the throttle.
mrquick wrote:
I call it east St Louis but the official name was Fairmont City, IL I may be off a year but it was 83/84. He was...
I call it east St Louis but the official name was Fairmont City, IL I may be off a year but it was 83/84. He was number 12
on a Honda.
I'm not sure about the lapping, but Fairmont City was 1983 it went Hannah, Bell, Bailey. I looked it up in the vault. I was there that day also.
chrisbuehler
8/9/2012 1:25pm
TX24 wrote:
I'm not sure about the lapping, but Fairmont City was 1983 it went Hannah, Bell, Bailey. I looked it up in the vault. I was there...
I'm not sure about the lapping, but Fairmont City was 1983 it went Hannah, Bell, Bailey. I looked it up in the vault. I was there that day also.
Was kinda curious about that. I had always thought RC was the only one to lap the field and it took a crazy mudder to do it

The Shop

Post a reply to: Bob Hannah question

The Latest