Bob Hannah, in his own words

Edited Date/Time 8/14/2019 7:44pm
|
8/13/2019 1:08pm
Could you imagine that with the press coverage these days? 70's/80's Pit Bits would have factory riders basically flinging poo at each other Woohoo
Holigan
8/13/2019 1:10pm
I am glad we didn't have social media back then

The Shop

Motoxdoc
8/13/2019 3:26pm
“Hey Johnny, looks like Mr. Hanky is driving home tonight!”- Felt

Both on Honda’s at Lake “Madera”...I’m guessing...most likely a CMC Golden State Series race.
8/13/2019 7:35pm
Holigan wrote:
Same here. There are sides to people I don't want to see....

Hannah was a hero for me when I was 13....but hearing him years later....he's kind of an asshole.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/13/2019 8:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2019 8:18pm
Holigan wrote:
Same here. There are sides to people I don't want to see.... Hannah was a hero for me when I was 13....but hearing him years later....he's...

Hannah was a hero for me when I was 13....but hearing him years later....he's kind of an asshole.
Some may find him arrogant or kind of a dick, but WTF ..... he’s Bob Fucking Hannah !! Lol

I’ve had a few opportunities to spend some time with him and he’s a pretty funny guy and a fantastic story teller. I spent several hours with him and Eddie Cole on a few different occasions and got to see how he carries himself when he’s able to relax. He’s a little different than most, but I dig the guy. I guess I kinda feel he’s earned the right to be who he is. He’s a fucking legend !!!
A little tidbit- He is a big time germaphobic, he carries single use hand wipes in his pocket when he’s going to be around crowds. He will shake hands until he’s out of wipes, then the hand shaking stops ! Haha
zehn
8/13/2019 8:15pm
Holigan wrote:
Same here. There are sides to people I don't want to see.... Hannah was a hero for me when I was 13....but hearing him years later....he's...

He’s literally always been like that
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
8/14/2019 6:29am
Prizefighter would have pressed charges
GIwasB4
8/14/2019 7:24am
disbanded wrote:
Prizefighter would have pressed charges
That's funny and true
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
8/14/2019 7:36am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2019 7:39am
How many car washes do you own?
Ted722
8/14/2019 7:53am
Could you imagine that with the press coverage these days? 70's/80's Pit Bits would have factory riders basically flinging poo at each other Woohoo
Latest Poop by Papa Wealey!

“O’Show delivers, but Hurricane cleans up”
mxb2
8/14/2019 8:04am
Holigan wrote:

langhammx wrote:
Some may find him arrogant or kind of a dick, but WTF ..... he’s Bob Fucking Hannah !! Lol I’ve had a few opportunities to spend...
Some may find him arrogant or kind of a dick, but WTF ..... he’s Bob Fucking Hannah !! Lol

I’ve had a few opportunities to spend some time with him and he’s a pretty funny guy and a fantastic story teller. I spent several hours with him and Eddie Cole on a few different occasions and got to see how he carries himself when he’s able to relax. He’s a little different than most, but I dig the guy. I guess I kinda feel he’s earned the right to be who he is. He’s a fucking legend !!!
A little tidbit- He is a big time germaphobic, he carries single use hand wipes in his pocket when he’s going to be around crowds. He will shake hands until he’s out of wipes, then the hand shaking stops ! Haha
Yea he is a mx,sx legend. Doesnt mean he can do and say without other peoples opinions. Like you said some think he is funny ,some think he is a dick.
8/14/2019 8:06am
mxb2 wrote:
Yea he is a mx,sx legend. Doesnt mean he can do and say without other peoples opinions. Like you said some think he is funny ,some...
Yea he is a mx,sx legend. Doesnt mean he can do and say without other peoples opinions. Like you said some think he is funny ,some think he is a dick.
Bob Hannah is an absolute legend of the sport
mxb2
8/14/2019 8:21am
mxb2 wrote:
Yea he is a mx,sx legend. Doesnt mean he can do and say without other peoples opinions. Like you said some think he is funny ,some...
Yep.
kpiper
8/14/2019 9:10am
Hannah did not win more races than RC4 but he truly is the greatest of all time in moto. No one will ever come close.

The stories are endless.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
8/14/2019 9:13am
mxb2 wrote:
Pete Rose is a legend in baseball, and much like Hannah he's an irritating self-aggrandizing dick. Damn good ball player, though, and Hannah sure could ride a motorcycle.
kpiper
8/14/2019 9:16am
GrapeApe wrote:
Pete Rose is a legend in baseball, and much like Hannah he's an irritating self-aggrandizing dick. Damn good ball player, though, and Hannah sure could ride...
Pete Rose is a legend in baseball, and much like Hannah he's an irritating self-aggrandizing dick. Damn good ball player, though, and Hannah sure could ride a motorcycle.
If you think Hannah is/was 'irritating' you are not seeing him properly. Not irritating at all. The total opposite in reality.
Crossup
8/14/2019 9:21am
"Hey is that Johnny O' out there... you keep him away from the van McCarty!" (Unadilla 1980)

PTshox
8/14/2019 10:19am
I remember a speech where Hannah stated "it all starts with self love"... He's done well there.
I did hear JO like to pull his pants down in various stores etc during that time. Lovely.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
8/14/2019 10:23am
GrapeApe wrote:
Pete Rose is a legend in baseball, and much like Hannah he's an irritating self-aggrandizing dick. Damn good ball player, though, and Hannah sure could ride...
kpiper wrote:
If you think Hannah is/was 'irritating' you are not seeing him properly. Not irritating at all. The total opposite in reality.
I've never met the man, only know what I see/read in interviews. Maybe he's just putting on a show for the cameras, but I stand by my description. Maybe swap awkward for irritating.
Sluggo77
8/14/2019 10:45am
O show is the guy going around taking dumps in front of people. Now that could get irritating...
I met Hannah once as a fan and he was super chill and friendly. Seemed like a regular guy to me...
FeetUp
8/14/2019 10:49am
Ted722 wrote:
Latest Poop by Papa Wealey!

“O’Show delivers, but Hurricane cleans up”
The best go West
kpiper
8/14/2019 11:03am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2019 2:56pm
GrapeApe wrote:
I've never met the man, only know what I see/read in interviews. Maybe he's just putting on a show for the cameras, but I stand by...
I've never met the man, only know what I see/read in interviews. Maybe he's just putting on a show for the cameras, but I stand by my description. Maybe swap awkward for irritating.
Entertaining may be a better word than awkward Smile

I understand for some people his public personality might rub them wrong but he made racing great and took it to a level it never would have gotten to without him. You had to have lived it during that time period to really understand his impact.

Not trying to imply I am his friend or even close but I have spoken with him on the phone for a good period of time and he is a great guy.
ctbale
8/14/2019 11:39am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2019 11:41am
Wish we had that kind of personality on the podium today, I would actually watch the interviews. Love the guy cuz he says what he is thinking, and does not care if it ruffles people's feathers. pure entertainment. Oh, and the dude was a natural talent, backed up with determination. Correct me if I am wrong, but had he only been racing moto 1 or two years before the epic 1976 season with Marty Smith?

Post a reply to: Bob Hannah, in his own words

The Latest