Bluetooth Helmet Speakers

1983YZ125
Fantasy
1568th
Whose wearing blue tooth speakers while riding? If so, what are you using?

When i quit riding on the street, i installed my Sena 10S into my MX helmet which was nice to have some background jams and keep me focused while trail riding. Was hesitant to use it much with multi-directional trails, but worked well nonetheless with the volume adjusted accordingly.

Since we relocated late last year for work, i'm finding most of our trails are single directional so i went to swap the Sena into my new helmet. Helmet shape doesn't allow it so i'm looking into alternative options. After cheap, decent battery life (~4+ hours ideally) and clear/loud enough speakers. Sena was lacking in sound output on the street for anything over 45-50 mph, in the trails it worked more than well enough.
|
Zachintosh
3/16/2020 5:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2020 5:15pm
I use the Cardo Freedom 4+ on my street + dirt helmets and love it (comes with JBL speakers). As you probably already know, MX helmets don’t have speakers cutouts, so you’ll need to do some trimming.
1983YZ125
Fantasy
1568th
3/16/2020 5:22pm
Zachintosh wrote:
I use the Cardo Freedom 4+ on my street + dirt helmets and love it (comes with JBL speakers). As you probably already know, MX helmets...
I use the Cardo Freedom 4+ on my street + dirt helmets and love it (comes with JBL speakers). As you probably already know, MX helmets don’t have speakers cutouts, so you’ll need to do some trimming.
That's what i was surprised to see on my helmet (Aplinestar SM10) that my Fox didn't have. 2 perfect round cut outs that fit my Sena speakers perfectly at the ears.
Zachintosh
3/16/2020 5:24pm
Zachintosh wrote:
I use the Cardo Freedom 4+ on my street + dirt helmets and love it (comes with JBL speakers). As you probably already know, MX helmets...
1983YZ125 wrote:
That's what i was surprised to see on my helmet (Aplinestar SM10) that my Fox didn't have. 2 perfect round cut outs that fit my Sena...
That's what i was surprised to see on my helmet (Aplinestar SM10) that my Fox didn't have. 2 perfect round cut outs that fit my Sena speakers perfectly at the ears.
Wow. That’s pretty awesome. How big are your Senna speakers? Most street helmets have 40mm cutouts. If yours are the same you can run the JBL speakers, which get pretty damn loud.
1983YZ125
Fantasy
1568th
3/16/2020 5:56pm
Zachintosh wrote:
Wow. That’s pretty awesome. How big are your Senna speakers? Most street helmets have 40mm cutouts. If yours are the same you can run the JBL...
Wow. That’s pretty awesome. How big are your Senna speakers? Most street helmets have 40mm cutouts. If yours are the same you can run the JBL speakers, which get pretty damn loud.
Look to be 40mm as well.

The Shop

3/17/2020 3:33pm
I just made a deal with Sena, things pretty rad. Especially for ripping around the hills/desert and you can talk to your buddy instead of stopping. Cool people at the company too.

Post a reply to: Bluetooth Helmet Speakers

The Latest