Blue flags...

Remember last week when we had a 3-digit numbered rider(Williamson?) in 3rd place and he gets blue flagged? Well I noticed tonight that when tomac was in the middle of the battle between Wilson, Brayton, and Anderson, I saw only ONE flagger actually give him a blue flag.

I get he was running the same pace but come on.. maybe I’m over reacting. Lol. I’m a tomac fan also! Just kinda annoying how hypocritical every member of the AMA can be, all the way down to the flaggers..
|
Betuel
3/24/2018 8:05pm
They figured he is faster than those guys and was trying to get back on the lead lap?
tkimb
3/24/2018 8:10pm
Kind of hard to blue flag him when he was the faster rider lol, I could see that being a little confusing in the moment though for the flaggers.
Also it did seem(?) he kind of let Anderson by pretty easily, which was the right thing to do even if he was faster given the points lead and Anderson catching the other two.
TDeath21
3/25/2018 11:47am
If anyone is okay with Tomac racing hard behind the lead pack while a lap down, then they need to be okay with all lappers doing their best to keep all riders behind them, whether they’re on the lead lap or not. Tomac cherry picked a few positions following behind that lead pack as the lappers who he was actually passing for position moved out of the way.
rmoto003
3/25/2018 11:49am
im gonna assume a lot of the flaggers didnt realize tomac wasnt on the lead lap.

The Shop

tkimb
3/25/2018 11:52am
TDeath21 wrote:
If anyone is okay with Tomac racing hard behind the lead pack while a lap down, then they need to be okay with all lappers doing...
If anyone is okay with Tomac racing hard behind the lead pack while a lap down, then they need to be okay with all lappers doing their best to keep all riders behind them, whether they’re on the lead lap or not. Tomac cherry picked a few positions following behind that lead pack as the lappers who he was actually passing for position moved out of the way.
It's a unique situation, but what's Tomac supposed to do, not pass anyone that's already lapped him?
3/25/2018 12:24pm
He ran the quick pace until he got backed up and started to slow. He went wide and let Anderson by at the finish line so he didn’t slow his progress.

Nothing to squawk about. Unless you’re like my wife who sometimes just complains to hear yourself talk. Lookin at u OP..
3/25/2018 12:40pm
He ran the quick pace until he got backed up and started to slow. He went wide and let Anderson by at the finish line so...
He ran the quick pace until he got backed up and started to slow. He went wide and let Anderson by at the finish line so he didn’t slow his progress.

Nothing to squawk about. Unless you’re like my wife who sometimes just complains to hear yourself talk. Lookin at u OP..
This
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/25/2018 12:47pm
I don't even know why this is being discussed. He didn't hinder the progress of any of the riders in the lead pack, regardless of how fast or slow he was riding or how fast or slow the lead pack riders were. This is a non-story.
3/25/2018 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 12:51pm
TDeath21 wrote:
If anyone is okay with Tomac racing hard behind the lead pack while a lap down, then they need to be okay with all lappers doing...
The people he was racing with for position more than likely saw him sitting on the side of the track, IMO you should be more aware than to let positions by. Not to mention they have every right to pass him back, they just need to go faster than him. You know that they are racing, right?
mwssquad827
3/25/2018 4:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 4:03pm
TDeath21 wrote:
I agree with this... every week it seems vital bitches about lapper not getting out of the way of leaders... tomac wasn’t on lead lap, he needs to move out the way.. I didn’t really think he slowed those guys down but.....

tkimb
3/25/2018 4:24pm
I agree with this... every week it seems vital bitches about lapper not getting out of the way of leaders... tomac wasn’t on lead lap, he...
I agree with this... every week it seems vital bitches about lapper not getting out of the way of leaders... tomac wasn’t on lead lap, he needs to move out the way.. I didn’t really think he slowed those guys down but.....

It's rare that the lapper is going faster than the leaders though. What was Tomac supposed to do, slow down, let them by, start racing again and catch them, then repeat?
3/25/2018 4:41pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Tomac wasn't in the way. The other riders that get the blue flag are 99% of the time in the way.
TDeath21
3/25/2018 4:45pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Tomac wasn't in the way. The other riders that get the blue flag are 99% of the time in the way.
How are we supposed to set that precedent? How is it fair that those moving out of the way gave up an easy position to Tomac who didn’t?
dkg
3/25/2018 5:25pm
He ran the quick pace until he got backed up and started to slow. He went wide and let Anderson by at the finish line so...

Agreed. Tomac handled it like a professional. Wish a few others would do the same.
King KTM
3/25/2018 6:14pm
I’m no Tomac fan but I thought it was an extremely class move when he let Anderson by and he seemed to be doin the same thing for anyone who deserved it. It sucked to see him go down as he was the only one who could match Mooscans speed. I saw him give the cut it off sign and thought on man he is going to be done for the season, I’m glad he is ok.
BobPA
3/25/2018 6:22pm

dkg wrote:
Agreed. Tomac handled it like a professional. Wish a few others would do the same.
Agreed. Was good to see him up and riding a descent pace after that crash. He looked to have rattled his head a bit sitting on that tuff block.

Still cannot believe no one has the crash on film...
JustMX
3/25/2018 6:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 6:54pm

This.......

3/25/2018 10:11pm

I totally see what you’re saying. He was definitely not holding them up or anything like that.

Just wanted to point out the wild inconsistencies with the AMA on all levels. From the head honchos to the flaggers. That’s all! I worked with some of the guys a little bit last year and they can be real assholes like 99 percent of the time.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
3/26/2018 2:12am

I totally see what you’re saying. He was definitely not holding them up or anything like that. Just wanted to point out the wild inconsistencies with...
I totally see what you’re saying. He was definitely not holding them up or anything like that.

Just wanted to point out the wild inconsistencies with the AMA on all levels. From the head honchos to the flaggers. That’s all! I worked with some of the guys a little bit last year and they can be real assholes like 99 percent of the time.
I think Tomc can race FORWARD as a lapper and unlap himself but if he is slower than the lead rides he can not continue to race backwards. aka Reed last year

Post a reply to: Blue flags...

The Latest