Blue Bikes

Related:
Create New Tag

1/16/2021 8:31 PM

Not 1, not 2, but 3 blue pigs in front of Cooper Webb. Impossible...
Go ahead and downvote

|

Gone:
2006 CRF230F
2008 KTM 200 XC
2017 KTM 250 SX
2019 CRF250R
Current: 2021 YZ250F

1/16/2021 9:14 PM

Barcia won on it last year, so it's not like it's terrible all the time... It will bee interesting to see how they adapt as the track surfaces change.

Was good to see them all close together too, means they will build confidence.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/16/2021 10:34 PM

I saw a step in the right direction.

|

1/16/2021 10:35 PM

Apples and oranges...
Meanwhile, last Dakar race did not see any of the works blue bikes finish...

|

1/16/2021 10:56 PM

Yamaha is amazing bike for the right rider. And it's terrible for the wrong rider. I'm 6'3, the Yamaha feels amazing to me. I think it's the bike for taller/bigger riders.

|

1/16/2021 11:07 PM

Maybe now that Yamaha isn’t as much of an in-house factory team and star is doing what they want, then maybe it’s a better bike with more rider input as others have said previously that the factory big wigs didn’t want to try things that riders had suggested.

|

1/16/2021 11:11 PM

Blue rims suck. Nfm

|

1/17/2021 1:18 AM

They never had any issues with the bike on the softer tracks. Lets see what happens when we get to slick hard packed tracks if Star has found a solution.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

1/17/2021 2:56 AM

Motofinne wrote:

They never had any issues with the bike on the softer tracks. Lets see what happens when we get to slick hard packed tracks if ...more

Chad did... he got it to work on hardpack but couldn't find a happy spot in the soft. The same year, Webb was exactly opposite. I think it's a finicky set up for those guys at that level is all.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/17/2021 3:47 AM

I'll hapily eat my words If they get good results, have noting against Yamaha and hope they do good.

|

1/17/2021 3:49 AM

Motofinne wrote:

They never had any issues with the bike on the softer tracks. Lets see what happens when we get to slick hard packed tracks if ...more

Crush wrote:

Chad did... he got it to work on hardpack but couldn't find a happy spot in the soft. The same year, Webb was exactly ...more

True but the current bike is a lot different to what Chad raced.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

1/17/2021 5:02 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Thank gosh for minimal west coast rounds

|

1/17/2021 5:12 AM

mmcmx wrote:

I'll hapily eat my words If they get good results, have noting against Yamaha and hope they do good.

What’s a “good result?” They had 3 guys in Top 8. Mookie has never podium a 450 sx and has 1-4th so he almost matched his career best. Ferrandis is a rookie and had a respectable 7th and AP finished right behind him in 8th. I would say that’s a good result overall for Stars 450 guys.

|

1/17/2021 6:22 AM

redrider400 wrote:

Yamaha is amazing bike for the right rider. And it's terrible for the wrong rider. I'm 6'3, the Yamaha feels amazing to me. I ...more

I'm 5'7" and feel like it fits me better than my old bikes. Lower seat height and tighter rider triangle.

|

I work to provide for my family, I ride to keep my sanity.

1/17/2021 7:39 AM

Mookie’s 5th in the opener is huuuge imo

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

1/17/2021 7:40 AM

Haters gonna hate

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

1/17/2021 7:45 AM

MX Culture wrote:

Mookie’s 5th in the opener is huuuge imo

It’s pretty good but he’s been that fast for the past couple years. His problem is he was crashing all the time. If he can stay consistent all year that would be really cool to see. Hoping he gets at least 1 podium this year.

|

1/17/2021 9:38 AM

Huckster wrote:

What’s a “good result?” They had 3 guys in Top 8. Mookie has never podium a 450 sx and has 1-4th so he almost matched his ...more

I agree they surprised me on the positive today.

|

1/17/2021 10:57 AM

redrider400 wrote:

Yamaha is amazing bike for the right rider. And it's terrible for the wrong rider. I'm 6'3, the Yamaha feels amazing to me. I ...more

Timo wrote:

I'm 5'7" and feel like it fits me better than my old bikes. Lower seat height and tighter rider triangle.

Yeah I’m 6 feet and it feels a bit cramped to me.

|

1/17/2021 12:55 PM

I don’t hear Stewart complaining about it 🤷‍♂️

|

1/17/2021 1:47 PM

redrider400 wrote:

This is a common suggestion, but actually sitting on the bike it has a smaller cockpit. Just something I noticed, I’m 6 ft

|

1/17/2021 1:48 PM

Yeti831 wrote:

I don’t hear Stewart complaining about it

Stew is only 5 10. Plessinger is tall 6 3 or something

|

1/17/2021 2:52 PM

Leeham wrote:

Not 1, not 2, but 3 blue pigs in front of Cooper Webb. Impossible...
Go ahead and downvote

And a ktm won and finished 3 ahead of all the yamahas, so what is your point?

|

1/17/2021 3:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2021 3:07 PM

This thread makes no fucking sense. Someone wanna clue me in on what the big deal is about Webb getting beat by Yamaha(s)?

|

1/17/2021 3:14 PM

redrider400 wrote:

Timo wrote:

I'm 5'7 or 8 and the YZ's feel ludicrous to me. I have a long torso and short legs. Ever since they went to the reverse engine and everyone has complained about them being big they have responded by making the seat thinner as the years have gone by. The problem for guys with a short inseam is it's the wideness of the bike and the gas tank between your thighs that ruins it. Shorter seat doesn't help. Now the seat height is still far from the ground so it sucks for short legs but the rider compartment is cramped so it sucks for long legs too, LOL. My buddy has a brand new 2021 YZ450F. It feels like an absolute ocean liner compared to my Husky 350 and 125 but he is lanky so he just ordered the tall seat for it. My opinion, the reverse engine layout is awesome for power but ruins the ergos of the bike.

|

Powerband in every gear !

1/17/2021 5:13 PM

mofomotojoe wrote:

Apples and oranges...
Meanwhile, last Dakar race did not see any of the works blue bikes finish...

I mean they’re reliable, but cant run on H2O 🤷🏻‍♂️

|

1/17/2021 8:38 PM

redrider400 wrote:

Timo wrote:

FGR01 wrote:

I'm 5'7 or 8 and the YZ's feel ludicrous to me. I have a long torso and short legs. Ever since they went to the reverse engine ...more

My inseam is 31" and it's about perfect, the seat height is lower than my old bike at the end of the seat by 1.5", while being the same height right in the middle of the seat. It really helps when riding off-road, there are a lot of situations where you end up almost on the rear fender and on my old bike I fell over more often. This one is easier to dab a foot and actually touch the ground. I actually made the wheel base 1 inch longer by running a 116 link chain, I have to do this when I run a paddle tire to keep the mud flap from getting destroyed, and actually liked the way it felt. It never feels big to me, but maybe I'm just easy to please.

|

1/17/2021 8:56 PM

Timo wrote:

My inseam is 31" and it's about perfect, the seat height is lower than my old bike at the end of the seat by 1.5", while being ...more

What is your old bike that you are comparing it to?

|

Powerband in every gear !

1/18/2021 3:07 AM

I'm 6'4" and absolutely love my yz450.
Came off a 2015 rmz450 with a tall seat and the Yamaha still feels more roomy.
To each their own. That's why all 7 brands have different layouts, variety.
One bike I absolutely hate as long as I'm referring to preference is Honda, garbage layout in my opinion along with handling and power delivery is horrible to me.

|

1/18/2021 3:27 AM

FGR01 wrote:

I'm 5'7 or 8 and the YZ's feel ludicrous to me. I have a long torso and short legs. Ever since they went to the reverse engine ...more

Timo wrote:

My inseam is 31" and it's about perfect, the seat height is lower than my old bike at the end of the seat by 1.5", while being ...more

FGR01 wrote:

What is your old bike that you are comparing it to?

07 YZ250F

|