Blud Lubricants

2/10/2021 4:56pm
Fred900 wrote:
The fork and shock oil works fine when the track is fresh but as the track breaks down the oil seems to overheat and the bike...
The fork and shock oil works fine when the track is fresh but as the track breaks down the oil seems to overheat and the bike is a hand full to hold onto. I opened the forks at the track to see what the oil looked like and it was all foamed up, looked like a frozen strawberry daiquiri. Don't know about the inner chamber where the damping occurs but is this normal? The shock was to hot to hold your fingers on but a similar shock on my buddy's bike I was riding with was hot but you could hold your fingers on it. We both use the same suspension guy and mine was fine until he refresh the suspension with Blud oil. He had to revalve mine to adjust to the new oil, but now it suck in the morning till the track get rough. Is there anything to get the oil to work hot and cold?
Fred600. Who did your suspension work? Was it an authorized Blud dealer or tuner? We test our products in millions of cycles and it doesn’t foam or fade. And runs cooler than any other product we have tested it against. That’s the reason we manufacture oil for several of the top suspension makers in addition to supplying professional racers. I’m not sure what type of racing that you are doing but our products are used by the top pros in almost every style of motorcycle racing. Give me a call at 833-258-3123 or email me at jeff@bludlubricants.com. I would love to get a sample of the oil that you mentioned. I can also give you the name of one of our pro tuners near you. Thanks. Jeff
Fred900
2/10/2021 6:30pm
I have mine done by a professional tuner that uses Blud. I was the tuner in this case. I do suspension refresh for young people and Military that can't afford to pay a professional for free. My guy uses Blud so I tried it myself. So what you are saying is the professionals get better stuff than what I buy off the shelf? I would love to have my guy do the work, I hate doing suspension, but most young people can't even afford decent riding gear.
2/10/2021 6:48pm
Fred900 wrote:
I have mine done by a professional tuner that uses Blud. I was the tuner in this case. I do suspension refresh for young people and...
I have mine done by a professional tuner that uses Blud. I was the tuner in this case. I do suspension refresh for young people and Military that can't afford to pay a professional for free. My guy uses Blud so I tried it myself. So what you are saying is the professionals get better stuff than what I buy off the shelf? I would love to have my guy do the work, I hate doing suspension, but most young people can't even afford decent riding gear.
There is only one grade of Blud suspension fluids. I was only offering to connect you with a tuner that I am confident does excellent work. Depending on the type of racing/riding one does the suspension setup can be very different.
Nate_Z
2/10/2021 7:00pm
I enjoy Keefer's podcast and from that am interested in learning more about your oils. From a professional perspective, I work in the heavy duty diesel industry and very specifically am very connected with oil performance and degradation with many engine OEM's and fleet customers. The claims for the oil are interesting and characteristics such as oxidation resistance is just one of several factors that indicate performance. Curious what supporting data such as oil analysis you would be willing to share comparing your oils vs competing oils. I know this subject always brings out the most emotional reactions on a forum, but truly just looking to dive deeper to learn. Thanks!

The Shop

crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
2/10/2021 7:18pm
Is this the five finger death punch of oil?
2/10/2021 7:33pm
Nate_Z wrote:
I enjoy Keefer's podcast and from that am interested in learning more about your oils. From a professional perspective, I work in the heavy duty diesel...
I enjoy Keefer's podcast and from that am interested in learning more about your oils. From a professional perspective, I work in the heavy duty diesel industry and very specifically am very connected with oil performance and degradation with many engine OEM's and fleet customers. The claims for the oil are interesting and characteristics such as oxidation resistance is just one of several factors that indicate performance. Curious what supporting data such as oil analysis you would be willing to share comparing your oils vs competing oils. I know this subject always brings out the most emotional reactions on a forum, but truly just looking to dive deeper to learn. Thanks!
Thanks for the message. Blud focuses on racing oils so it’s tough to compare versus a fleet product. The formulations are totally different. I do have data on comparisons versus the other racing oils. The only fleet product that I manufacture with the Blud brand is our Diesel engine oil. It is CI-4+ and will go 20-25k miles between changes on a truck engine and up to 60k miles on a semi. The border patrol is a big user.
Nate_Z
2/10/2021 8:14pm
Nate_Z wrote:
I enjoy Keefer's podcast and from that am interested in learning more about your oils. From a professional perspective, I work in the heavy duty diesel...
Thanks for the message. Blud focuses on racing oils so it’s tough to compare versus a fleet product. The formulations are totally different. I do have...
Thanks for the message. Blud focuses on racing oils so it’s tough to compare versus a fleet product. The formulations are totally different. I do have data on comparisons versus the other racing oils. The only fleet product that I manufacture with the Blud brand is our Diesel engine oil. It is CI-4+ and will go 20-25k miles between changes on a truck engine and up to 60k miles on a semi. The border patrol is a big user.
Thanks for the note, sorry for the confusion! Professionally I work in HD oils but am interested in Blud for my 450. I've been using Motorex since running 4-strokes without any issue but there are always new products being developed. Do you have any data for how Blud compares against common high grade 4 stroke mx bike oils?
2/10/2021 9:44pm
Nate_Z wrote:
Thanks for the note, sorry for the confusion! Professionally I work in HD oils but am interested in Blud for my 450. I've been using Motorex...
Thanks for the note, sorry for the confusion! Professionally I work in HD oils but am interested in Blud for my 450. I've been using Motorex since running 4-strokes without any issue but there are always new products being developed. Do you have any data for how Blud compares against common high grade 4 stroke mx bike oils?
Yes. Send me an a email and I will reply to it with a comparison of the race oils. There is also a chart showing oxidation resistance of the racing oils on our website: https://www.bludlubricants.com/4-stroke-racing-engine-oils
Email: jeff@bludlubricants.com
Note: we have 14 racers running Blud in the 450 class of the Monster Energy Supercross. Most run the Pro Elite 10w40 or 15w50.
kkawboy14
2/15/2021 8:00pm
Nate_Z wrote:
Thanks for the note, sorry for the confusion! Professionally I work in HD oils but am interested in Blud for my 450. I've been using Motorex...
Yes. Send me an a email and I will reply to it with a comparison of the race oils. There is also a chart showing oxidation...
Yes. Send me an a email and I will reply to it with a comparison of the race oils. There is also a chart showing oxidation resistance of the racing oils on our website: https://www.bludlubricants.com/4-stroke-racing-engine-oils
Email: jeff@bludlubricants.com
Note: we have 14 racers running Blud in the 450 class of the Monster Energy Supercross. Most run the Pro Elite 10w40 or 15w50.
What is the difference between the scorpion blud and the Pro Elite?
SethGator
2/16/2021 2:32am
Blud Lubricants helped put Danny Dietrich on the box vs the World of Outlaws last week in Volusia.

2/16/2021 9:58am
SethGator wrote:
Blud Lubricants helped put Danny Dietrich on the box vs the World of Outlaws last week in Volusia. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/16/478907/s1200_4CECA6C3_6B8C_4DDF_9F3D_8728D9439CE5.jpg[/img]
Blud Lubricants helped put Danny Dietrich on the box vs the World of Outlaws last week in Volusia.

Thanks for the photo Seth. Danny has been running Blud for 2 years now.
2/16/2021 10:10am
kkawboy14 wrote:
What is the difference between the scorpion blud and the Pro Elite?
The main difference in the two oils is in the base oil that we use. Pro Elite uses synthetic base oils similar to the other top racing oils. Scorpion Blud uses mPAO as its base oil. The mPAO base oils are superior in performance to any other base oils that we know about. The upside is that this oil performs outstanding is almost every aspect of oil testing. But it is like most things in that the better the quality is then the higher the cost is.

One clear example of the performance difference is seen in a test that measures an oil's ability to resist oxidation. Most of the better racing oils (like Motul and Motorex) come in at around 65-70 minutes before the oil starts breaking down. All of the Blud oils resist oxidation much better than this based on our testing:
Pro Series ~120 minutes
Pro Elite ~ 150 minutes
Scorpion Blud ~ 220 minutes

These results are due to the quality of the base oils that we use and more importantly the proprietary additive system that we formulate in the oils.
MDana87
2/16/2021 12:32pm
The main difference in the two oils is in the base oil that we use. Pro Elite uses synthetic base oils similar to the other top...
The main difference in the two oils is in the base oil that we use. Pro Elite uses synthetic base oils similar to the other top racing oils. Scorpion Blud uses mPAO as its base oil. The mPAO base oils are superior in performance to any other base oils that we know about. The upside is that this oil performs outstanding is almost every aspect of oil testing. But it is like most things in that the better the quality is then the higher the cost is.

One clear example of the performance difference is seen in a test that measures an oil's ability to resist oxidation. Most of the better racing oils (like Motul and Motorex) come in at around 65-70 minutes before the oil starts breaking down. All of the Blud oils resist oxidation much better than this based on our testing:
Pro Series ~120 minutes
Pro Elite ~ 150 minutes

These results are due to the quality of the base oils that we use and more importantly the proprietary additive system that we formulate in the oils.
Is there an ASTM (or other) that covers the oxide test?

Is there an easy (non-tool required) indicator of when an oil begins to breakdown?

Thanks!
2/16/2021 5:07pm
MDana87 wrote:
Is there an ASTM (or other) that covers the oxide test?

Is there an easy (non-tool required) indicator of when an oil begins to breakdown?

Thanks!
First question:
The test measures how long an oil resists oxidation. The test is called PDSC. We use ASTM D6186 and PDSC CEC L-085-99.

Second question:
No. The only way to accurate see what is happening in an oil is through an oil analysis test. The tests run anywhere from $15-$50 and it takes a few days.

Since most people don't have easy access to an oil analysis firm we tell people to look and see if they can still see any of the red dye we put in the oil. If they can and the oil doesn't stink then you are probably safe. One of the real killer of oils for the off road racers is silica. Once it hits 75 ppm in your oil (whether it looks clean or not) then it definitely needs changing. If not trouble is coming soon.
dcg141
2/16/2021 5:26pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2021 5:28pm
Time for the Rotella brigade to chime in.
4/14/2022 4:45am
Where is your distribution center in Chicago Land ? Can I stop by and buy 4 cases of 2st trans oil and 3 cases of 2st oil ? I would b interested in the discontinued 2st trans oil for 12.00 a quart. It might be Saturday when I get up there are you open Saturdays ? My personal vehicle is in Elk Grove village, bennsenville. Thx
LungButter
4/14/2022 6:44am
Was watching a semi tour earlier this year, Blud sponsored team, dude opens a cabinet door and there sits about 4 cases of some sort of Maxima Oil.

🤣
crusher773
4/14/2022 6:50am
Rickyisms wrote:
I wish we could get a guy like Project Farm on YouTube strictly for Moto oils and chemicals. If you haven't watched some of his videos...
I wish we could get a guy like Project Farm on YouTube strictly for Moto oils and chemicals. If you haven't watched some of his videos I highly suggest you do. Very entertaining stuff.
hypermoto wrote:
They are great. All the oil tests he does are basically won by Amsoil which most members think is snake oil lol
I'm an Amsoil dealer and I can tell you they absolutely torture test their stuff. It has turned a believer out of me after running it in my own stuff and seeing the results.
4/14/2022 5:41pm
Always wonder if not chasing absolute power, if running good cheaper oil on deal and changing more often versus expensive oil less frequently.
I’m in the cheaper good oil WITH a good clutch performance changer more often. Filters every 10hrs once past the initial break in period. Worked forever for me as a cost effective solution
Broseph
4/14/2022 6:00pm
The main difference in the two oils is in the base oil that we use. Pro Elite uses synthetic base oils similar to the other top...

Pro Series ~120 minutes
Pro Elite ~ 150 minutes

It’s just not an oil thread until we bring in Rotella!

Spoonguy
4/14/2022 6:21pm
What BLUD is used as a two stroke injector oil? Results?
TurdFerguson
Fantasy
2952nd
4/14/2022 10:43pm
If I remember correctly, Keefer says his motor runs cooler running that stuff. Id try it but Im weird about changing different oils when the bike has used the same oil its entire life.
4/15/2022 3:31am
I clicked on the link on here. 21.00 a quart for 2st trans oil . Discontinued oil 12.00. Did all the oil go way up ? 21.00 seems a bit high
crusher773
4/15/2022 8:37pm
I clicked on the link on here. 21.00 a quart for 2st trans oil . Discontinued oil 12.00. Did all the oil go way up...
I clicked on the link on here. 21.00 a quart for 2st trans oil . Discontinued oil 12.00. Did all the oil go way up ? 21.00 seems a bit high
Yeah that's pretty high.
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
4/16/2022 5:21pm
There is a 25% Keefer discount code.

Post a reply to: Blud Lubricants

The Latest