Blud Lubricants

hypermoto
11/27/2020 10:00am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2022 5:21pm
Anybody run it?

They have been supporting a ton of privateers, podcasts, and teams.

Looking for reviews on it! (Mainly 2T oil, but anything)
|
ktmdan
11/27/2020 10:21am
I put some in my 350 just for practice between races. Can’t really review motor oil other than say my bike didn’t blow up...
my assumption is that it’s just another company that buys stock oil and additives from a big supplier and then markets it to a specific crowd. Can’t go too wrong.. especially in a two stroke.
Rickyisms
11/27/2020 10:29am
I wish we could get a guy like Project Farm on YouTube strictly for Moto oils and chemicals. If you haven't watched some of his videos I highly suggest you do. Very entertaining stuff.
hypermoto
11/27/2020 10:48am
Rickyisms wrote:
I wish we could get a guy like Project Farm on YouTube strictly for Moto oils and chemicals. If you haven't watched some of his videos...
I wish we could get a guy like Project Farm on YouTube strictly for Moto oils and chemicals. If you haven't watched some of his videos I highly suggest you do. Very entertaining stuff.
They are great. All the oil tests he does are basically won by Amsoil which most members think is snake oil lol
racerxx276
11/27/2020 11:25am
I've been using their suspension oil and find it to last a lot longer than most other oil. Its high quality oil...

The Shop

mustard530
Fantasy
2592nd
11/27/2020 12:27pm
Never used the 2T oil but have used the 10-40 oil for my 350 for the last 2 years and it’s been great. Always comes out of the bike looking new. And the owner is an awesome guy!
JTM5427
11/27/2020 3:36pm
Very high quality oil. We’ve ran it in some rough conditions in both two and four stroke race bikes and it holds up well. Their two stroke oil is great, their best kept secret is their chain lube however!
11/28/2020 6:31pm
Great products and Jeff is a awesome guy! I use the engine oil, chain lube, suspension oil. BLUD also sponsors my MotoSchools and a lot of riders that got some product from them had good results and continued to purchase from them. I gave away lots of premix and it was a hit!
jake721
11/28/2020 7:07pm
I’m up for trying their stuff. Anyone have any discount codes?
LungButter
11/28/2020 7:57pm
Skyler Howe was running it in his Dakar bike and training bikes. Must be pretty good stuff if it can be trusted for that abuse.
ktmdan
11/28/2020 8:49pm
JTM5427 wrote:
Very high quality oil. We’ve ran it in some rough conditions in both two and four stroke race bikes and it holds up well. Their two...
Very high quality oil. We’ve ran it in some rough conditions in both two and four stroke race bikes and it holds up well. Their two stroke oil is great, their best kept secret is their chain lube however!
Can you elaborate on what you mean by ‘holds up well’ and why the two stroke oil or chain lube are great? Genuinely curious about what subjective criteria are in play when judging fluids. Not trying to be contentious at all.
JTM5427
11/30/2020 8:53am
ktmdan wrote:
Can you elaborate on what you mean by ‘holds up well’ and why the two stroke oil or chain lube are great? Genuinely curious about what...
Can you elaborate on what you mean by ‘holds up well’ and why the two stroke oil or chain lube are great? Genuinely curious about what subjective criteria are in play when judging fluids. Not trying to be contentious at all.
Absolutely. We ran Blud at a pro-level for Pro Motocross and some GNCC rounds in 250 and 450 applications and on a few amateur 125s. The main thing we found with the Blud Motor was how well it handled heat and oxidation, in addition after hard motos and rough GNCC's the coloration of the oil is still close to its original color, not as foamy as other oils, and doesn't have that used up clapped out oil "stench" to it. The chain lube is thicker and stickier than other chain lubes we've tested and doesn't fling off and make a mess of everything. The two-stroke premix is low smoke and smells great and seems to have minimal carbon on the rings.
11/30/2020 2:08pm
Hi.
The guys at Vital MX asked me to join in on this conversation. I am the owner of Blud Lubricants and can answer any questions that you might have.

Someone was looking for a promo code. The best one to use is that one that we have for Kris Keefer which gives 25% off of most of our products. The promo code is KEEFER.

Blud is a US company and has been formulating and manufacturing synthetic lubricants since 1983. Our goal is to create and manufacture the best racing oils and fluids available to the racer. Blud is a company that designs lubricates for the severe duty of competition at the highest level.

There are only a few manufacturers of racing lubricants that are based in the US and we are one of them. We design our products in a multi-million dollar research facility and have a state of the art manufacturing plant in IL. We also have distribution facilities in OH and AZ.

Blud works with a number of racers including many in the upcoming Supercross season. Names that you might know are Freddie Noren, Lorenzo Locurcio, Jake Masterpool, Tyler Bowers, Bubba Pauli, Logan Karnow, Joan Cros, Chris Howell, Jared Lesher, Logan Leitzel and and a few more. We are still negotiating with several teams right now.

In addition to Supercross we are very active in Pro Motocross, Enduro, Endurocross, Desert Racing (BITD, Baja, WORCS, etc), Winged and Non-winged Sprint Cars, Dirt track racing (Late Model, Micro, Midget, Dwarf, Mod, Mod Lite), NHRA drag, Drift racing, Snowmobiles and snow bikes and a few more that I can't remember.
11/30/2020 2:17pm
hypermoto wrote:
Anybody run it?

I am glad that your bike didn't blow up.

I have a feeling that your assumption is the same one that many people think. We actually make product for over 70 other companies (private label) based on their requirements. One reason that we started selling racing oils is that we believe our formulations are better than anything else available to the racer. Most of what is out there is nothing more than a commercial lubricant that is tweaked a bit for the racing market. We design our products specifically for racing.
11/30/2020 2:20pm
hypermoto wrote:
Anybody run it?

Send me an email and I will send you some information on the 2T oil. My email is jeff@bludlubricants.com

As a reference two of the 3 winners in last year's Straight Rhythm race in Pomona ran Blud 2T. Also Team Canada in the 2019 ISDE races in Portugal ran Blud's 2T Racing Pre-Mix.
11/30/2020 2:22pm
jake721 wrote:
I’m up for trying their stuff. Anyone have any discount codes?
Use the promo code KEEFER for a 25% discount on most of our products.
11/30/2020 2:28pm
LungButter wrote:
Skyler Howe was running it in his Dakar bike and training bikes. Must be pretty good stuff if it can be trusted for that abuse.
Skyler runs Blud in his North American bikes and races. He just started using our Scorpion Blud and here is his feedback:

So I did that 500 mile rally training and ran the scorpion in the rally bike.

And I also ran the scorpion at the Silver State 300 BITD race, which I was able to win.

Both cases the oil was still in great shape and wouldn’t hesitate to leave it in for 1000 miles. Both times were not an easy 5 or 300 miles either.
11/30/2020 3:45pm
Hi. The guys at Vital MX asked me to join in on this conversation. I am the owner of Blud Lubricants and can answer any questions...
Hi.
The guys at Vital MX asked me to join in on this conversation. I am the owner of Blud Lubricants and can answer any questions that you might have.

Someone was looking for a promo code. The best one to use is that one that we have for Kris Keefer which gives 25% off of most of our products. The promo code is KEEFER.

Blud is a US company and has been formulating and manufacturing synthetic lubricants since 1983. Our goal is to create and manufacture the best racing oils and fluids available to the racer. Blud is a company that designs lubricates for the severe duty of competition at the highest level.

There are only a few manufacturers of racing lubricants that are based in the US and we are one of them. We design our products in a multi-million dollar research facility and have a state of the art manufacturing plant in IL. We also have distribution facilities in OH and AZ.

Blud works with a number of racers including many in the upcoming Supercross season. Names that you might know are Freddie Noren, Lorenzo Locurcio, Jake Masterpool, Tyler Bowers, Bubba Pauli, Logan Karnow, Joan Cros, Chris Howell, Jared Lesher, Logan Leitzel and and a few more. We are still negotiating with several teams right now.

In addition to Supercross we are very active in Pro Motocross, Enduro, Endurocross, Desert Racing (BITD, Baja, WORCS, etc), Winged and Non-winged Sprint Cars, Dirt track racing (Late Model, Micro, Midget, Dwarf, Mod, Mod Lite), NHRA drag, Drift racing, Snowmobiles and snow bikes and a few more that I can't remember.
I forgot to add the following guys/girls racing Blud for SX this year: Scotty Wennerstrom, Deven Raper, Justin Rodbell, Jeremy Martin, Brian Marty, Nathan LaPorte, Chris Moore, Henry Miller (when he heals up), Jordan Jarvis, Wyatt Lyonsmith plus a few more that are we are negotiating. Hopefully I didn't forget any more this time.
Electro21
Fantasy
66th
11/30/2020 6:08pm
Hi. The guys at Vital MX asked me to join in on this conversation. I am the owner of Blud Lubricants and can answer any questions...
Hi.

I forgot to add the following guys/girls racing Blud for SX this year: Scotty Wennerstrom, Deven Raper, Justin Rodbell, Jeremy Martin, Brian Marty, Nathan LaPorte, Chris...
I forgot to add the following guys/girls racing Blud for SX this year: Scotty Wennerstrom, Deven Raper, Justin Rodbell, Jeremy Martin, Brian Marty, Nathan LaPorte, Chris Moore, Henry Miller (when he heals up), Jordan Jarvis, Wyatt Lyonsmith plus a few more that are we are negotiating. Hopefully I didn't forget any more this time.
Just placed an order! Thanks for offering a discount code. Feel free to toss in some stickers!
yz763
12/1/2020 7:46pm
What oil would you recommend in a forged 408 LS with Morel link bar lifters? I have been running Amsoil Signature series and it seems to be working well but I would love to support the industry.
12/1/2020 7:51pm
One does not actually BUY Amsoil. They will make you a dealer. Amsoil dealers are on every block in every garage lol. Why would you buy Amsoil ? Just become an Amsoil dealer. You obviously dont need a store
ktmdan
12/1/2020 8:10pm
I am glad that your bike didn't blow up. I have a feeling that your assumption is the same one that many people think. We actually...

I have a feeling that your assumption is the same one that many people think. We actually make product for over 70 other companies (private label) based on their requirements. One reason that we started selling racing oils is that we believe our formulations are better than anything else available to the racer. Most of what is out there is nothing more than a commercial lubricant that is tweaked a bit for the racing market. We design our products specifically for racing.
Interesting indeed! I will do some more research on Blud products for sure. Hope you don’t mind if I reach out to you via email.
12/1/2020 8:40pm
yz763 wrote:
What oil would you recommend in a forged 408 LS with Morel link bar lifters? I have been running Amsoil Signature series and it seems to...
What oil would you recommend in a forged 408 LS with Morel link bar lifters? I have been running Amsoil Signature series and it seems to be working well but I would love to support the industry.
Great engine!!
For Break In we recommend running our Pro Series 5w30 Break In Oil.
After that we recommend that you run our Pro Series 5w40 for that engine.
It is the oil that we run in the 900 hp outlaw sprint cars, the 1300 hp pro stock engines as well as a variety of other high performance engines.
https://www.bludlubricants.com/automotive-engine-racing-oil
12/1/2020 8:41pm
I am glad that your bike didn't blow up. I have a feeling that your assumption is the same one that many people think. We actually...

ktmdan wrote:
Interesting indeed! I will do some more research on Blud products for sure. Hope you don’t mind if I reach out to you via email.
Sounds good.
bvm111
12/2/2020 12:09am
So what you’re saying is my KTM will run fine with your 1050 even with the motorex sticker on the clutch cover ? WhistlingTongue
12/2/2020 12:20am
bvm111 wrote:
So what you’re saying is my KTM will run fine with your 1050 even with the motorex sticker on the clutch cover ? WhistlingTongue
Not only will it run fine but in my opinion even better. Check out this 3Bros KTM team that runs Blud. They just won the endurance series at Glen Helen racing Blud in their KTMs. https://www.instagram.com/kilmartinracing_3brosktm/
TSCHAM101
12/2/2020 4:14pm
bvm111 wrote:
Not only will it run fine but in my opinion even better. Check out this 3Bros KTM team that runs Blud. They just won the endurance...
Not only will it run fine but in my opinion even better. Check out this 3Bros KTM team that runs Blud. They just won the endurance series at Glen Helen racing Blud in their KTMs. https://www.instagram.com/kilmartinracing_3brosktm/
I love the Blud oils... really high quality stuff.. the only stuff i run on my moto bike now...

What should i run in a can am turbo? 5w40? I live in socal..
12/2/2020 4:22pm
TSCHAM101 wrote:
I love the Blud oils... really high quality stuff.. the only stuff i run on my moto bike now... What should i run in a can...
I love the Blud oils... really high quality stuff.. the only stuff i run on my moto bike now...

What should i run in a can am turbo? 5w40? I live in socal..
A Can Am running Blud just won the Rally Class at the UTV World Championships. Chris Blais ran Scorpion Blud 15w50 in the engine, Pro Series 80w140 in the trans/rear diff and Pro 75w90 in the front diff. https://www.instagram.com/p/CHYycD4A_Ee/

bvm111
12/2/2020 6:49pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2020 6:51pm
bvm111 wrote:
Not only will it run fine but in my opinion even better. Check out this 3Bros KTM team that runs Blud. They just won the endurance...
awesome... i was just kidding around a little since everyone with a KTM gets guilted into the whole motorex or it will blow up thing, i did switch to Maxima and it seems to run and shift well(better) with it ... I will give the scorpion blud a try on my next change!!!
yz763
12/4/2020 7:03pm
yz763 wrote:
What oil would you recommend in a forged 408 LS with Morel link bar lifters? I have been running Amsoil Signature series and it seems to...
Great engine!! For Break In we recommend running our Pro Series 5w30 Break In Oil. After that we recommend that you run our Pro Series 5w40...
Great engine!!
For Break In we recommend running our Pro Series 5w30 Break In Oil.
After that we recommend that you run our Pro Series 5w40 for that engine.
It is the oil that we run in the 900 hp outlaw sprint cars, the 1300 hp pro stock engines as well as a variety of other high performance engines.
https://www.bludlubricants.com/automotive-engine-racing-oil
Awesome! Thank you so much!
Fred900
2/10/2021 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2021 4:36pm
The fork and shock oil works fine when the track is fresh but as the track breaks down the oil seems to overheat and the bike is a hand full to hold onto. I opened the forks at the track to see what the oil looked like and it was all foamed up, looked like a frozen strawberry daiquiri. Don't know about the inner chamber where the damping occurs but is this normal? The shock was to hot to hold your fingers on but a similar shock on my buddy's bike I was riding with was hot but you could hold your fingers on it. We both use the same suspension guy and mine was fine until he refresh the suspension with Blud oil. He had to revalve mine to adjust to the new oil, but now it suck in the morning till the track get rough. Is there anything to get the oil to work hot and cold?

Post a reply to: Blud Lubricants

The Latest