Bloss injured, Bogle to fill in

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
Edited Date/Time 12/30/2018 10:29am
Team Rocky Mountain ATV/MC - KTM – WPS Announcement

Payson, UT (Dec. 28, 2018) – Team Rocky Mountain ATV/MC – KTM – WPS rider Benny Bloss has unfortunately suffered a knee injury this week that will see him sitting out the entire 2019 Supercross series.

Bloss injured the knee in a practice crash this week, and after having an MRI done it has been discovered that he has a torn ACL that will require surgery to repair. “Benny has been riding and progressing so well, it’s heartbreaking to Benny, his family, and the team. Benny has been with us since being a rookie in the summer of 2016, and 2019 was really ‘the year’ we were all ready to see what he could do. Really, there isn’t much to say as there are other injured riders too, or ones that have been there. We say it’s not fair, but it's part of the sport and instead of wishing what could have been, it’s time to just focus ahead, get surgery and put in the hard work to be ready for the 2019 Motocross Nationals”, says team owner Forrest Butler.

Benny Bloss had this to say, “It was the silliest crash and there was nothing spectacular about it, extremely frustrating. I landed off a triple, and just went to the inside to make a new line, nothing crazy. I hit a slick spot and just lost the rear end doing the standard slide out, unfortunately, I had my leg fully committed and it got pinned under the handlebar and the ground. I knew I caught it the at a bad angle, and that’s pretty much end of the story – just the worst possible position I could have slid out in, and now it’s off to get my ACL fixed. I am young though, I have a lot of good people and sponsors behind me, I already have surgery scheduled as of today and have my full vision set on making the start of the Outdoors”.

Though the news is quick to hit, both the team and Bloss really didn’t hesitate to decide on getting the knee fixed right away. Bloss is a strong asset to the team and is very young. Benny will be in attendance next weekend at the season opener in Anaheim to visit with fans and media.

– Justin Bogle to team Rocky Mountain ATV/MC – KTM – WPS

With the unfortunate loss of Bloss before the start of the 2019 Supercross season, the team has been able to secure the services of another top 450 rider. Team Rocky Mountain ATV/MC – KTM – WPS is proud to announce the signing of the 2014 250 East Coast SX Champion, and 2017 450 Budds Creek National Winner – #19 Justin Bogle. Bogle, young himself to the 450 Supercross class in what will only be his 4th year in the premier class, has the team extremely excited to work with the young star.

“As much as it hurts to watch Benny go down, we are a race team and we were very fortunate to get the opportunity to have Justin come in to join the team for the entire SX series. Justin has been a rider I have always been a fan of, I believe has incredible 450 bike skills, and I look forward to seeing what we can build over the course of the season”, says team manager Michael Byrne. The team will see Bogle launch alongside his new teammate Blake Baggett next weekend at the season opener in Anaheim, CA. Bogle will be participating in press day riding on Friday, Jan. 4th, where most media will have a chance to see the #19 on his new KTM 450 SX-F.

Justin Bogle had to say of his new gig, “I am pumped to be able to join the Rocky Mountain ATV/MC – KTM – WPS team. I know it’s last minute, and it’s been a bit of a bumpy offseason, but I really couldn’t be more excited about this opportunity. This team is more than proven, the KTM is arguably the best bike out there and I am again just really excited to throw my leg over the bike and get to work in the coming days. Thank you to all of the sponsors of the Rocky Mountain ATV/MC -KTM – WPS team for having me join the team. And I also want to give a special thanks to all of my personal sponsors for being supportive of me taking this opportunity. I truly thank every one of you. Now it’s time to go racing!”.

Thank you to our 2019 sponsors:

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC | KTM | WPS Fly Racing, 51 FIFTY, Palmetto Motorsports, Bubba Burger, FMF Racing, Engine Ice, Alpinestars, ODI, Scott, Galfer, Motorex, ASV, Acerbis, GEAR Alloy, JStar Auto Group, SoCal SuperTrucks, HBD Moto Grafx, Seat Concepts, Sunstar, Regina Chains, WP Factory Services, Hinson Racing, DT-1, Dunlop, Motion Pro, Talon, Dubya, Excel, Loenbro Motosports, Truck Central, Hurly, ETS Fuels, Beta Tools, ProPegs, Xtrig, San Diego Powder and Protective Coatings.

Follow the team on social media:

Instagram: @teamrmatvmc

Facebook: @teamrmatvmc

Twitter: @teamrmatvmc

Team Website: www.teamrmatvmc.com
|
mb60
12/28/2018 8:49pm
Man tough break for Benny. Good for Justin and wish him luck on the KTM.
Rotaholic
12/28/2018 9:21pm
I thought DW15 would have got that ride? Pumped for captain swagger though
bents
Fantasy
710th
12/28/2018 9:56pm
Rotaholic wrote:
X2-Wilson has much more upside with all due respect and it is a Husky in orange after all. I'm pretty surprised actually. I thought he would be the obvious first choice. I'm pretty bummed for Wilson on this call,
jbrown15
12/28/2018 9:56pm
Rotaholic wrote:
Mean too especially knowing how much he loves the Husky and they’re close to KTM’s. But maybe the team gear deal would have something to do with it.

The Shop

12/28/2018 10:07pm
Rotaholic wrote:
Bummed for Bloss. Was looking forward to seeing how he’d stack up this year.
12/28/2018 10:15pm
...and so it begins..

Really bummed for Benny; looking forward to seeing him healthy for outdoors

In situations like this, the mechanic for said injured rider usually keeps wrenching for the fill in rider, yes?? Just listened to Matthes' podcast with Benny's wrench Derek Rankin; who is just as easy to want to root for as Benny himself
gnarwhip
12/28/2018 10:17pm
Is Hutch gonna wrench or is it Benny’s mechanic
Dust601
12/28/2018 10:29pm
Hate to see anyone go down, and miss time. Wish him best of luck getting healthy in time for outdoors. Seems like that’d be pretty quick turnaround for ACL.

Excited for Bogle to get full support for at least SX season though. Will be fun to see how he does.

A little bit bummed to not see Deano slid in to get a shot here, but it sorta seems like he has some things worked out, and maybe didn’t want to break any commitments for SX only? No clue really, just thinking out loud.
mxdevon
12/28/2018 11:41pm
Rotaholic wrote:
bents wrote:
X2-Wilson has much more upside with all due respect and it is a Husky in orange after all. I'm pretty surprised actually. I thought he would...
X2-Wilson has much more upside with all due respect and it is a Husky in orange after all. I'm pretty surprised actually. I thought he would be the obvious first choice. I'm pretty bummed for Wilson on this call,
The team (rmatvmcktm) just signed a deal with 5150 energy drink and DW15 is still being paid by rockstar as a personal sponsor..... right?
Ray_MXS
12/28/2018 11:51pm
Personally I would have called JG33.
calcoast
12/29/2018 12:02am
Sucks for team RMATVMCKTMWPS.
drt410
12/29/2018 12:39am
Could be another Barcia style redemption year. Hes had an off season to heal the arm and get seat time, plus hes moving to a factory level KTM, this could be great.
jbrown15
12/29/2018 2:21am
mxdevon wrote:
The team (rmatvmcktm) just signed a deal with 5150 energy drink and DW15 is still being paid by rockstar as a personal sponsor..... right?
Well that would certainly explain why Deano didn’t get the call. Rockstar are one of his sponsors for 2019.
MiguelT.
12/29/2018 4:22am
there's a new group of riders forming in this sport. The fill in riders.
Premix
12/29/2018 4:43am
Wasn’t there a tweet going around last year that the riders were having to pay to be on KTMRM? Or did they secure better support for 2019
12/29/2018 4:45am
Premix wrote:
Wasn’t there a tweet going around last year that the riders were having to pay to be on KTMRM? Or did they secure better support for...
Wasn’t there a tweet going around last year that the riders were having to pay to be on KTMRM? Or did they secure better support for 2019
I don't believe Baggett is gonna pay for a ride.....
Premix
12/29/2018 4:48am
Premix wrote:
Wasn’t there a tweet going around last year that the riders were having to pay to be on KTMRM? Or did they secure better support for...
Found it. 100% goggle guy

12/29/2018 5:02am
Last year their two 250 guys paid to be on the team.

If I had to guess, they called Deano but he didn’t want to leave Rockstar who has heavily backed him for two years now. Would lose out on gear and rockstar money by signing with RMATVMC.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
12/29/2018 5:14am
HandicapMX wrote:
Last year their two 250 guys paid to be on the team. If I had to guess, they called Deano but he didn’t want to leave...
Last year their two 250 guys paid to be on the team.

If I had to guess, they called Deano but he didn’t want to leave Rockstar who has heavily backed him for two years now. Would lose out on gear and rockstar money by signing with RMATVMC.
Any idea what these guys pay for a ride?
SX?
Outdoors?
Thanks.
spacecat
12/29/2018 5:52am
what happened to Bogle and Phoenix Racing? maybe I missed something but I thought he would be riding for them on a Honda.
skypig
12/29/2018 6:07am
I wonder if Benny was wearing knee braces. Most of the pros do?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/29/2018 6:26am
spacecat wrote:
what happened to Bogle and Phoenix Racing? maybe I missed something but I thought he would be riding for them on a Honda.
Team is falling apart, supposedly they will do 250 East still...
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
12/29/2018 6:39am
ML512 wrote:
Team is falling apart, supposedly they will do 250 East still...
Really sucks to hear that.
FerCzD
12/29/2018 6:53am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2018 6:54am
Rotaholic wrote:
bents wrote:
X2-Wilson has much more upside with all due respect and it is a Husky in orange after all. I'm pretty surprised actually. I thought he would...
I see Bogle having more potential than Deano, both guys have had terrible luck pasts years, but we all saw what heathy Bogle is capable of (winning motos and an overall in MX)... As much as people loves DW15, how many premier wins he has?
GPrider
12/29/2018 7:11am
if your a top pro without a ride going into the season, makes me wonder why you would sign with any energy drink prior knowing history shows someone will need a fill in ride. DW could have had a full time gig, possibly?
12/29/2018 8:00am
GPrider wrote:
if your a top pro without a ride going into the season, makes me wonder why you would sign with any energy drink prior knowing history...
if your a top pro without a ride going into the season, makes me wonder why you would sign with any energy drink prior knowing history shows someone will need a fill in ride. DW could have had a full time gig, possibly?
Rockstar husky also built him a race bike & its rumored his program is pretty legit. He has good support. I dont see him going anywhere other than rockstar for fill in. He has close to a factory bike as it is...
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
12/29/2018 8:07am
Premix wrote:
Premix wrote:
Found it. 100% goggle guy [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/12/29/313878/s1200_52D93707_AAC2_4770_9759_C24F728A0426.jpg[/img]
Found it. 100% goggle guy

1 rider had to bring a good sponsor with him to ride there, but it wasn't Baggett, he is making good money there.

Post a reply to: Bloss injured, Bogle to fill in

The Latest