Blakes loop out....

Related:
Create New Tag

1/16/2017 3:42 PM

This is something you don't see every day... did he hit concrete??

|

1/16/2017 3:47 PM

...his 450 was set on 'The Flip Yo Ass Over' Map-

|

Current rides-
1988 RM250
2019 KX450

1/16/2017 3:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2017 3:52 PM

They put a ton of horsepower into those 450s and control it through mapping. Might have been a race map and not a start map by accident

|

1/16/2017 3:54 PM

JT$ said it was probably a hydraulic clutch malfunction. Blakes had a tough start to the year. I look for some better races from him in the future.

|

1/16/2017 3:56 PM

From RacerX

"Ouch! We spoke to Blake briefly in the pits after the race and he said his clutch was malfunctioning on the line, and he pretty much knew he was going to be in trouble when he released the front brake. Note how much roost is coming off of his tire as soon as the gate drops—it's much more than anyone else is throwing."

|

1/16/2017 3:57 PM

Factory Metzler/ posi traction malfunction

|

1/16/2017 4:07 PM

drumheller34 wrote:

From RacerX

"Ouch! We spoke to Blake briefly in the pits after the race and he said his clutch was malfunctioning on the ...more

I wonder if he was intending to race not using the clutch then.... sounds sketchy to continue if you know it's bad.

|

1/16/2017 4:15 PM

Ya that is sketchy... was he done after that?

|

1/16/2017 4:18 PM

wsc96 wrote:

I wonder if he was intending to race not using the clutch then.... sounds sketchy to continue if you know it's bad.

I don't know about what you think but I get the impression off Bagget that if the bike can move under it's own power, he'll keep going until the race is over.

|

1/16/2017 4:21 PM

That wouldnt happen with a cable .... just saying whistling

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

1/16/2017 4:40 PM

I had a few beers in me but...
Photo
Photo

|

1/16/2017 4:45 PM

It was very Villopotoesque.

|

1/16/2017 4:49 PM

Lol damn I wanted to stay and watch that after the race that day Nate! Nahhhmsayinnn??

|

1/16/2017 4:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2017 4:57 PM

Im not sold on the "clutch malfunction", I watched it a bunch of times and he launches perfect...Then it looks like he totally spodes out.

I've had hydraulic clutches act up on cars a few times and all that happens is the clutch will not disengage all the way....same as a front brake with air in it, so if the hydraulic system was failing the bike would have stalled or it would have been impossible to get into gear.

I feel like Blake grew 8 inches over the off season

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

1/16/2017 5:01 PM

It was a clutch issue. He had the front brake locked on and the back wheel was already spinning before he left the gate and all it did was hook up and go.

|

1/16/2017 5:02 PM

If you watch the slow mo, he dumps clutch grabs it slips it and it loops out. Pretty nuts

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

1/16/2017 5:05 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

It was a clutch issue. He had the front brake locked on and the back wheel was already spinning before he left the gate and ...more

Yep.

Watch his hand here...and ignore the DV commentary. wink

Those KTMs are way too powerful for riders' good...

A video posted by David Vuillemin (@dv934) on

|

1/16/2017 5:11 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

It was a clutch issue. He had the front brake locked on and the back wheel was already spinning before he left the gate and ...more

That's what it looked like to me. I was there and my seats were behind the start line, his back tire was spinning about 1-2 seconds before the gate dropped.

|

1/16/2017 5:57 PM

Sounds like KTM got hold of some old Bultaco clutch plates. No fiber plates, all metal. At the start line, put it in gear at the very last second, count to five and off you go. Whether you let the lever out or not. Never use the clutch to shift. If there was a way to adjust a Bultaco clutch so that it did not drag....in 8 years and 6 bikes, I never figured it out.

Not sure what happened to Blake, but it has to be a bit frustrating.

|

1/16/2017 6:00 PM

GuyB wrote:

Yep.

Watch his hand here...and ignore the DV commentary. wink

DV commentary was the best part of that video.

|

1/16/2017 6:02 PM

gpnewhouse wrote:

I don't know about what you think but I get the impression off Bagget that if the bike can move under it's own power, he'll ...more

Yeah, you could be right. In a heat race and on an SX track, I think I would have gone back to the truck and get it fixed and waited for the semi (which he had to ride anyway).

|

1/16/2017 6:16 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

casper wrote:

That's what it looked like to me. I was there and my seats were behind the start line, his back tire was spinning about 1-2 ...more

In the video, the back tire is not spinning the moments leading up to the gate drop....you can see the individual knobs on his rear tire. Was is spinning, then stopped just before the gate drop?

|

1/16/2017 6:29 PM

Someone loaded some old Audi 5000 software in the ECM??

|

1/16/2017 6:30 PM

Honestly looks like he gives it too much clutch and doesn't hit his shift.

|

1/16/2017 6:31 PM

By looking at the video when he start he pulls the clutch level right in not long after he exits the gate but makes no difference, so yeah def. a clutch issue

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

1/16/2017 8:33 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

casper wrote:

That's what it looked like to me. I was there and my seats were behind the start line, his back tire was spinning about 1-2 ...more

Iridereallyslow wrote:

In the video, the back tire is not spinning the moments leading up to the gate drop....you can see the individual knobs on his ...more

I can't find a video of that start from a different angle but if that video was backed up more, I think it would show it. I could be mistaken for another rider/moto. I just remember seeing someone spinning their back wheel right before the start, thinking they were going to hit the gate, and I thought it was the same moto Bagget looped it.

|

1/16/2017 10:30 PM

I'd say it was a throttle issue more than a clutch problem. But thats me using common sense. Let off the gas and such thing doesn't happen.

|

1/16/2017 10:36 PM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

I'd say it was a throttle issue more than a clutch problem. But thats me using common sense. Let off the gas and such thing ...more

Bwahahahaha

Wow.

Sure, that's it. Blake has shitty throttle control.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaaa

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

1/16/2017 11:12 PM

He pulled the clutch in an the bish kept goin.

|

1/17/2017 12:24 AM

Yeah... I would of blamed the clutch aswell if I looped out of the start...

|