Blake Wharton docked 4 spots?

WhKnuckle
Edited Date/Time 3/19/2013 3:39pm
Seems that Blake Wharton crashed in the whoops and his bike bounced into the next lane, and when he got up he took off in that lane, so apparently the AMA docked him 4 spots (after he lost 5 spots in the crash). I don't know if this has been discussed. When a rider goes off the track, he's supposed to reenter at the nearest safe entry location to the place where he went off the track - it would be hard to tell where the "nearest safe location" would be if his bike was already on the track headed the other direction. The AMA might have this one right, or they may not. Certainly, they're not consistent - I remember JLaw cutting the entire first turn at Daytona one year to avoid a first turn pileup and went from near last to about 5th in the process and I don't think they docked him. It seems to me that you'd have to figure out if he advanced his finishing position by reentering where he did.
|
MotoX85
3/17/2013 7:02pm
SX is a "SHOW", not a race. Wharton is Rockstar, not Monster. Next they will be punishing Moose-can for somthing.

The days of "real" SX racing are over, I painfully learned that this year at St Louis.
WhKnuckle
3/17/2013 7:03pm
MotoX85 wrote:
SX is a "SHOW", not a race. Wharton is Rockstar, not Monster. Next they will be punishing Moose-can for somthing. The days of "real" SX racing...
SX is a "SHOW", not a race. Wharton is Rockstar, not Monster. Next they will be punishing Moose-can for somthing.

The days of "real" SX racing are over, I painfully learned that this year at St Louis.
Uh, sorry, did you say something? Somehow I got distracted trying to read. Not sure why...Evil

The Shop

MotoX85
3/17/2013 7:11pm
I get it, I am the butt of your joke. I'm a little behind, you have to forgive me.
WhKnuckle
3/17/2013 7:12pm
MotoX85 wrote:
I get it, I am the butt of your joke. I'm a little behind, you have to forgive me.
I just can't get past the avatar. Not that I'm complaining...
Choppy
3/17/2013 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2013 7:27pm
If you race for monster you can launch your bike into another riders head and the other rider will get last gate pick for both motos and you'll get a, "bad child" warning.

You can jump on a flashing light rhythm section, claim you don't look ahead and the AMA will give you a "bad child don't do that again" warning.

You can then skip the entire triple section, and safe places to enter the track and the AMA will give you a "bad child don't do that again" warning.

You can then pass on a medic flag and the AMA will give you a, "bad child don't do that again" warning.

Now if you ride for Rockstar you can get sketchy in the whoops, go over the bars, struggle to get up, lose 5 spots and the AMA will dock 4 spots from you.

Does anyone see a problem here?
WhKnuckle
3/17/2013 7:28pm
Choppy wrote:
If you race for monster you can launch your bike into another riders head and the other rider will get last gate pick for both motos...
If you race for monster you can launch your bike into another riders head and the other rider will get last gate pick for both motos and you'll get a, "bad child" warning.

You can jump on a flashing light rhythm section, claim you don't look ahead and the AMA will give you a "bad child don't do that again" warning.

You can then skip the entire triple section, and safe places to enter the track and the AMA will give you a "bad child don't do that again" warning.

You can then pass on a medic flag and the AMA will give you a, "bad child don't do that again" warning.

Now if you ride for Rockstar you can get sketchy in the whoops, go over the bars, struggle to get up, lose 5 spots and the AMA will dock 4 spots from you.

But to be fair, Wharton did cut out a lot of racetrack. I don't know if he advanced his position, or whether there was even a safe place to reenter nearer to where he went off the track. If there wasn't a gap in the tuffblocks, it's not safe to reeneter because you might drag one into the racing line - and there aren't many gaps in most layouts.
flapper
3/17/2013 7:30pm
Choppy wrote:
If you race for monster you can launch your bike into another riders head and the other rider will get last gate pick for both motos...

Only if you believe that there are aliens walking amongst us.....

Give me a break!!!
MotoX85
3/17/2013 7:30pm
MotoX85 wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:
I just can't get past the avatar. Not that I'm complaining...
Nothing wrong with a little tasteful bikini contest. Been looking at poster of girls in bikinis in motocross shops since the 70s, lets call it tradition.
Choppy
3/17/2013 7:32pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2013 8:22pm

I see a spot that any B level desert rider could enter, but he decided to skip the entire section.

Now you accidentally get sketchy in the whoops, go over the bars lose positions, and still get penalized?

It's turned into a damn joke.
mynewcr250
3/17/2013 7:36pm
Choppy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/03/17/image_922_461461.jpg[/img] I see a spot that any B level desert rider could enter, but he decided to skip the entire section. Now you accidentally get sketchy...

I see a spot that any B level desert rider could enter, but he decided to skip the entire section.

Now you accidentally get sketchy in the whoops, go over the bars lose positions, and still get penalized?

It's turned into a damn joke.
RV is so boss even gravity cant fuck with him
stewie94
3/17/2013 7:41pm
i think some of you are taking this "Monster picking favorites' out of proportion
Choppy
3/17/2013 7:43pm
stewie94 wrote:
i think some of you are taking this "Monster picking favorites' out of proportion
How many situations need to happen before you say it's a correlation and not a coincidence?

I'm pretty much there.
86honda
3/17/2013 7:46pm
insult to injury is what it is. Supercross wins are hard enough to come by. Its a tough life racing dirt bikes
stewie94
3/17/2013 7:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2013 8:34pm
stewie94 wrote:
Choppy wrote:
How many situations need to happen before you say it's a correlation and not a coincidence?

I'm pretty much there.
i mean only what 3 situations out of alot of crazy stuff that happen before, come on
people
Choppy
3/17/2013 7:54pm
stewie94 wrote:
Choppy wrote:

I'm pretty much there.
stewie94 wrote:
i mean only what 3 situations out of alot of crazy stuff that happen before, come on
people
I named 4 alone. All involving what rider?

I don't see Reed Stewart or Dungey getting that many gifts.
kardy
3/17/2013 7:59pm
Choppy wrote:

I think Stewart was gifted this weekend. Reed is a Monster rider, and Dungey is always squeaky clean. Next?
Outsider
3/17/2013 8:11pm
Choppy wrote:

What you posted is your version of reality... shit's getting old, imo.
ocscottie
3/17/2013 8:19pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Sorry, I didn't see that one. And as a note to guys starting threads - try to make the thread title give us a clue about...
Sorry, I didn't see that one. And as a note to guys starting threads - try to make the thread title give us a clue about the thread content and it'll make things much easier.
I know that also bugs the living shit out of me, thats why i posted the link, just so you could see the vid clip and other opinions on the matter.
ocscottie
3/17/2013 8:23pm
Hey Choppy, i fixed yer pic, it was killin my neck trying to turn my head upside down and my monitor is to big to flip over Cool
DanDunes818
3/17/2013 9:03pm
All I could think about when Blake crashed was Atlanta 2011 all over again. Man, I was bummed for Slash. Then to add insult to injury they dock him four more positions. There was 3 1/2 laps left in the Atlanta 2011 race but, with a 4 second lead and a crazy battle going on behind him, he had it on lock.

Here's the last 6 laps of the Atlanta 2011 Lites race.

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
3/18/2013 12:52am
WhKnuckle wrote:
Seems that Blake Wharton crashed in the whoops and his bike bounced into the next lane, and when he got up he took off in that...
Seems that Blake Wharton crashed in the whoops and his bike bounced into the next lane, and when he got up he took off in that lane, so apparently the AMA docked him 4 spots (after he lost 5 spots in the crash). I don't know if this has been discussed. When a rider goes off the track, he's supposed to reenter at the nearest safe entry location to the place where he went off the track - it would be hard to tell where the "nearest safe location" would be if his bike was already on the track headed the other direction. The AMA might have this one right, or they may not. Certainly, they're not consistent - I remember JLaw cutting the entire first turn at Daytona one year to avoid a first turn pileup and went from near last to about 5th in the process and I don't think they docked him. It seems to me that you'd have to figure out if he advanced his finishing position by reentering where he did.
J-law went from last to 2nd with his track cutting at Daytona. J-law know how to get it done.
robkinuk
3/18/2013 1:47am
WhKnuckle wrote:
Seems that Blake Wharton crashed in the whoops and his bike bounced into the next lane, and when he got up he took off in that...
lostboy819 wrote:
J-law went from last to 2nd with his track cutting at Daytona. J-law know how to get it done.
I'm surprised there wasn't more comments on here about Justin Barcia doing a J-Law at Daytona this year???
Okay he checked himself up and let leaders by but his actions nearly took down RV and others.
Perhaps the AMA need to put some of those solid plastic water blocks between lanes at Daytona first turn to stop a repeat of this happening next year?
Fat Fingers
3/18/2013 2:08am
WhKnuckle wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
robkinuk wrote:
I'm surprised there wasn't more comments on here about Justin Barcia doing a J-Law at Daytona this year??? Okay he checked himself up and let leaders...
I'm surprised there wasn't more comments on here about Justin Barcia doing a J-Law at Daytona this year???
Okay he checked himself up and let leaders by but his actions nearly took down RV and others.
Perhaps the AMA need to put some of those solid plastic water blocks between lanes at Daytona first turn to stop a repeat of this happening next year?
I agree, Barcia got out of control cut the track, missed the corner entirely and wound up in top 3 or 4 going into the next turn. He got lucky with that one in many ways.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/18/2013 3:02am
Cbeck the Chatter Box on the homepage. Blake talks about it there.
Lone Wolf
3/18/2013 3:18am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2013 3:46am
Choppy wrote:

If there is something sinister going on (I don't believe there is), I think it would more likely be linked to Ryan Villopoto's status as a superstar and title contender than anything else (i.e. the promoters not wanting to rock the boat or take him out of the hunt).

RV has gotten away with a fair bit this season, though. The way they handled the St. Louis incident(s) was bullshit.
Lone Wolf
3/18/2013 3:24am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2013 3:26am
robkinuk wrote:
I'm surprised there wasn't more comments on here about Justin Barcia doing a J-Law at Daytona this year??? Okay he checked himself up and let leaders...
I was surprised by the lack of attention that got too, but plastic water blocks lining the start straight? Maybe they should park a line of earthmoving machinery there. Or better yet, why not lay some land mines? That would keep the riders on the track. Fuck safety!
IWreckALot
3/18/2013 4:45am
Add to the suckiness, Blake wasn't THAT far out of the points chase. . . He's not on the level of Musquin and Hahn right now but he's not that far off either. . .
Cory976
3/18/2013 6:14am
On a podcast he did, he said Daytona was like a graveyard and he swears he saw a claw come out of the ground. Im sure that "claw" rose up and clipped his wheel in the whoops in Indy!

Post a reply to: Blake Wharton docked 4 spots?

The Latest