Blair/Alessi/Roczen In - Ralph/Emig/RC Out

Edited Date/Time 2/25/2018 10:02pm
Daniel Blair replaces Ralph in Announcer Seat.

Alessi replaces Emig as Color Commentator.

Roczen replaces RC as on-track Commentator.

Everyone call Feld about this!

So sick of these guys does a terrible job - the outdoor team is so good - WTF?
|
TDeath21
2/25/2018 10:08pm
How do they do a bad job exactly? I need specifics.
hyler199
2/25/2018 10:14pm
Why R U SO MAD

Are you starting threads because you think people will side with you .... .. . . .. . .. ..?

I honestly catch myself missing 3/4 of what they say because Im watching the race/leaderboard.

Its not a make or break it.... Id rather have more tracks like last weekend and worry about that instead of the constant crying.
dirtmike86
2/25/2018 10:16pm
Honestly sick of hearing about this shit. You really care that much about it? Iam sick of seeing julian daniels and her potato sack shirts but iam not making 1000 threads about it.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
2/25/2018 10:51pm
Ralph is the link to the casual fan that Feld tries so hard to captivate

The Shop

ledger
2/25/2018 11:11pm
This bullshit again. I'm tired of the all the jab's at Ralph and Emig too, just let the guy's be. Turn the volume down if it bothers you. FYI....Emig has to work his ass off at what he does and he calls a fairly good game. Research Emig, and you'll learn what an Underdog has to do to make a living from the sport he loves. Emig's a bad ass dude IMO.
Jmicmoto13
2/25/2018 11:32pm
Come on guys. Quit taking the bait. This guy starts threads and then never replies to anything or returns. He’s a paid participant.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
2/26/2018 12:21am
Every commentator will annoy someone. For everyone that likes Tony Romo/Darrell Waltrip/David Hobbs/etc., there's someone that hates him.

When Alessi did the USGP moto he repeated "he really wants to win this race" a couple dozen times. It was annoying. I'm glad I wasn't playing a drinking game cause I'd have been passed out. Maybe Mike ran out of things to say it was his first time doing color commentating. But before you throw them to the wolves they need some practice. Do some live to tape broadcasts, or Arenacross.

Fro does a decent job, he's just not hard hitting, doesn't want to be controversial, and tends to gloss over stuff from time to time. Maybe he's looking at the timing or has a producer in his ear. Fro could start calling out pass attempts before they happen "Ralph watch as Eli goes inside, it's going to put him into a different rhythm that will allow him to go inside Marvin into the corner.", and showcase that innate knowledge that led him to a Supercross title. All of these guys can see a pass coming. Tell the layperson what to expect.

A guy like Kenny who isn't being paid by FX1 to be on TV doesn't care who offends or is just there for fun. If he makes a mistake he doesn't care, it's not his profession. Last night Kenny was just throwing his opinion out there and not afraid to step on Ralph or Jeff's toes.
tobz
2/26/2018 1:33am
ledger wrote:
This bullshit again. I'm tired of the all the jab's at Ralph and Emig too, just let the guy's be. Turn the volume down if it...
This bullshit again. I'm tired of the all the jab's at Ralph and Emig too, just let the guy's be. Turn the volume down if it bothers you. FYI....Emig has to work his ass off at what he does and he calls a fairly good game. Research Emig, and you'll learn what an Underdog has to do to make a living from the sport he loves. Emig's a bad ass dude IMO.
Where there's smoke, there's fire, and the fact of the matter is that Jeff and Ralph have had a rough start to the season, incomplete or very slow sentences with just pure awkwardness thrown in the booth has even the newest fan thinking wtf are these guys on about.
tobz
2/26/2018 1:35am
MX Guy wrote:
Ralph is the link to the casual fan that Feld tries so hard to captivate
It's a very simple sport that doesn't need dumbing down to captivate. Do we really need a buffoon telling us about marvins cats or the colour of the number 2 Yamaha, or asking Jeff dumb as shit questions that Jeff stumbles over for 30 or 40 seconds while a pass is being made on the screen...
2/26/2018 1:41am
To be fair- Jeff was a bit better last night.
I’m sure they’re given opportunities to work on each week, I’m sure they work hard to be better.
It’s great that they get guests in the booth with them- Roczen, Blair etc get Windham back for a race, James Stewart? lol
crowe176
2/26/2018 2:21am
We need someone with keys, so we need Cameron Steele as well.
roninho
2/26/2018 2:53am
Always like it when Emig joins Malin during the GPs
kb228
2/26/2018 3:02am
Ralph is required for the casual fans. Blair or weege can replace emig and RC.
Racer111
2/26/2018 3:03am
Daniel Blair replaces Ralph in Announcer Seat. Alessi replaces Emig as Color Commentator. Roczen replaces RC as on-track Commentator. Everyone call Feld about this! So sick...

STFU you 12 year old moron! Jeff and RC have done more for the sport of MX and SX than everyone you see race every Saturday out together.

Learn to respect Legends.
Marcello10
2/26/2018 3:46am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 3:47am
I’m not a Emig hater at all but him saying that the sand section would have got more difficult to ride with time during the 250 LCQ, right after Roczen said the opposite during the heat before, was quite confusing to hear. I mean trust Ken Jeff
2/26/2018 4:14am
The entire team needs a dramatic overhaul. I care because I PAY for it... The TV product is awful in just about every way. There's more than enough content out there to give you specifics...
2/26/2018 4:53am
The entire team needs a dramatic overhaul. I care because I PAY for it... The TV product is awful in just about every way. There's more...
The entire team needs a dramatic overhaul. I care because I PAY for it... The TV product is awful in just about every way. There's more than enough content out there to give you specifics...
Yeah, I can’t believe people can sit through it.

Can’t people see that great commentary means a much better experience? And bad commentary means a bad experience to the point where you either quit watching or just mute the sound.

To each their own.
2/26/2018 6:19am
The entire team needs a dramatic overhaul. I care because I PAY for it... The TV product is awful in just about every way. There's more...
EnvyMedia wrote:
Yeah, I can’t believe people can sit through it. Can’t people see that great commentary means a much better experience? And bad commentary means a bad...
Yeah, I can’t believe people can sit through it.

Can’t people see that great commentary means a much better experience? And bad commentary means a bad experience to the point where you either quit watching or just mute the sound.

To each their own.
Completely agree... Mind you, it is a country where people think the Orange Idiot is actually doing a good job too. Rather see Emig for President, and Dump calling SX at this point.
deluxeman
2/26/2018 6:19am
If anyone here has ever watched any other sporting event on TV, you will see how awkward, clunky and uninformative the broadcast really is. I understand it's not a mainstream sport but come on guys. Even Tractor pulling puts out a better broadcast than SX does.

Is it horrible and unwatchable? No, but it could be so much better.
flyinb501
Fantasy
338th
2/26/2018 6:36am
Daniel Blair replaces Ralph in Announcer Seat. Alessi replaces Emig as Color Commentator. Roczen replaces RC as on-track Commentator. Everyone call Feld about this! So sick...

Racer111 wrote:
STFU you 12 year old moron! Jeff and RC have done more for the sport of MX and SX than everyone you see race every Saturday...
STFU you 12 year old moron! Jeff and RC have done more for the sport of MX and SX than everyone you see race every Saturday out together.

Learn to respect Legends.
That qualifies them to be commentators? Don't you think we should have the best we can find?
flatout111
2/26/2018 7:46am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 7:49am
I like Ralph and Fro. I do wish the broadcast would completely dump the Twitter and social stuff but that is trying to appeal to the casuals. The show needs an overhaul, segment wise, though. But a lot of the spots are paid for by sponsors so not much choice there.

Juliana and RC are ok but their segments suck.

I know they were tape delayed but Feld should really go back to the late 90s early 2000s ESPN broadcasts and try to mimic those and learn from those. They seemed much more for the real fan not the casual observer.

As far as SX/MX pbp, color and trackside...

Likes: Art Eckman, David Bailey, Davey Coombs, Marty Reid, Todd Harris, Weege, GL, Georgia, Ralph, Fro, Jenny Taft, Daniel Blair, Cameron Steele, Larry Huffman, David Stanfield. Art, David and Davey being my all time favorites with Weege, GL and GL second.

Not fans of Robbie Floyd, RC, Dave Despain, Larry Meyers, Brian Drebber.

I do think the 800 has a future as an analyst if he chooses to do so. DB will be a future pbp guy

I think the broadcast is simply too much of a casual, not for the hardcore fan approach more the issue than the personnel. I love Ralph but I do wish it was more of a true pbp call giving lap times, etc. Like what Chad Damiani or a Weege did on the Supercross audio webcast or Mike Garrison does on OTB.

Post a reply to: Blair/Alessi/Roczen In - Ralph/Emig/RC Out

The Latest