Bisceglia to fill in for Stewart and Baggett this weekend.

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
Edited Date/Time 6/6/2016 1:41pm
PR...

MATT BISCEGLIA TO FILL IN WITH YOSHIMURA SUZUKI AT LAKEWOOD

Former AMA Horizon Award Winner Happy for the Opportunity

Chino, CA (June 2, 2016) – Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing would like to announce that Matt Bisceglia will compete as a replacement rider for the team at this Saturday’s Lucas Oil Pro Motocross round in Lakewood, CO. Bisceglia will race as Yoshimura Suzuki’s regulars Blake Baggett and James Stewart continue to recover from injuries sustained earlier in the season.
Bisceglia, a native of Weatherford, Texas, is the 2013 AMA Horizon Award winner. Now in his third full year as a pro, Bisceglia has more than proven himself ready for the 450 Class by being a top-10 finisher in the 250 East Region Supercross series and 250 Motocross Nationals.
“We’re happy to have a rider with Matt’s credentials available to fill-in for Blake and James,” said Yoshimura Suzuki team manager Mike Webb. “With Matt coming in this gives us the opportunity to still have a strong presence at the event in Colorado, while allowing James and Blake to have more time to get healthy before they return to racing.”
Bisceglia is no stranger to Suzuki, having most recently raced a Suzuki RM-Z250 for the MAD Racing/Yoshimura/Suzuki team during this year’s 250 East Region Supercross series. A podium at the Toronto round was a highlight for Matt and the MAD Racing/Yoshimura Suzuki team.
“I’m really looking forward to racing the Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 this weekend,” Bisceglia said. “It’s definitely a dream come true to have the opportunity to race a 450 for a factory team. It’s the pinnacle of the sport and what every rider strives to achieve. I’m thankful to Suzuki for the opportunity. We’ve had a good couple of days of testing and I’m excited to see what this weekend brings.”
Yoshimura Suzuki races this weekend at Lakewood, Colorado’s Thunder Valley for round three of the series this Saturday, June 4. The races will be televised on MavTV and NBCSN and online at www.promotocross.com.
|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/2/2016 6:09pm
It's a twofer. One rider fills in for two. Smile
Tim507
6/2/2016 6:12pm
I've watched Matt since was under 5 years old racing in the dirt with his toy MX Bike. Matt is originally from the Portland Or area...... give it your MattWoohoo
mb60
6/2/2016 6:13pm
Who wants to bet he is a fill in for the rest of the year ?

The Shop

slipdog
6/2/2016 6:13pm
I know I heard this somewhere before... Smile
BB67
6/2/2016 6:49pm
dont do it Matt its a trick.
Zoom
6/2/2016 7:20pm
We would love to claim Matt as a native Texan, but he is actually a native of Oregon. What we like to say in Texas about all the transplant motocross racers is...They got fast in another state and came to Texas to get faster!!!

Good luck this weekend Matt!!!
newmann
6/2/2016 7:36pm
How many seasons will it take to get his setup right?

I kid, I kid.....Laughing

What a cool opportunity for him as well as the team. Having someone excited and happy about being on the "7" bike for a change has to be a huge moral boost for the team. I'll be watching!

But about that setup, do they have a base starting point for a factory bike when a new guy shows up? Or do they just work from the last guys settings?
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
6/2/2016 7:53pm
Man, he gets a bada-- bike!
OR Racer46
Fantasy
876th
6/2/2016 8:18pm
As long as he runs stock triple clamps he should be good to go
cwtoyota
6/2/2016 8:22pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2016 8:22pm
GuyB wrote:
It's a twofer. One rider fills in for two. Smile
For a quarter of the price?

Honestly I'll bet it's about less than 1/10th?
Hcallz5
6/2/2016 8:28pm
On a 900 Suzuki twin?

lol I need sleep.
dirtnapper
6/2/2016 9:38pm
MAT BEESHELLYA IS A GUD RIDR HE WIL DO GUD ON TEH SUSZUKI
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/2/2016 10:33pm
Is he really a Trump supporter?
Moto-Related forum... not a political forum...
BobbyM
6/2/2016 10:47pm
GuyB wrote:
PR... MATT BISCEGLIA TO FILL IN WITH YOSHIMURA SUZUKI AT LAKEWOOD Former AMA Horizon Award Winner Happy for the Opportunity Chino, CA (June 2, 2016) –...
PR...

Chino, CA (June 2, 2016) – Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing would like to announce that Matt Bisceglia will compete as a replacement rider for the team at this Saturday’s Lucas Oil Pro Motocross round in Lakewood, CO. Bisceglia will race as Yoshimura Suzuki’s regulars Blake Baggett and James Stewart continue to recover from injuries sustained earlier in the season.
Bisceglia, a native of Weatherford, Texas, is the 2013 AMA Horizon Award winner. Now in his third full year as a pro, Bisceglia has more than proven himself ready for the 450 Class by being a top-10 finisher in the 250 East Region Supercross series and 250 Motocross Nationals.
“We’re happy to have a rider with Matt’s credentials available to fill-in for Blake and James,” said Yoshimura Suzuki team manager Mike Webb. “With Matt coming in this gives us the opportunity to still have a strong presence at the event in Colorado, while allowing James and Blake to have more time to get healthy before they return to racing.”
Bisceglia is no stranger to Suzuki, having most recently raced a Suzuki RM-Z250 for the MAD Racing/Yoshimura/Suzuki team during this year’s 250 East Region Supercross series. A podium at the Toronto round was a highlight for Matt and the MAD Racing/Yoshimura Suzuki team.
“I’m really looking forward to racing the Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 this weekend,” Bisceglia said. “It’s definitely a dream come true to have the opportunity to race a 450 for a factory team. It’s the pinnacle of the sport and what every rider strives to achieve. I’m thankful to Suzuki for the opportunity. We’ve had a good couple of days of testing and I’m excited to see what this weekend brings.”
Yoshimura Suzuki races this weekend at Lakewood, Colorado’s Thunder Valley for round three of the series this Saturday, June 4. The races will be televised on MavTV and NBCSN and online at www.promotocross.com.
bad dude riding two bikes at once...shezamm
F.B
6/3/2016 1:45am
A rider FORM TEXAS on a factory SUSZUKI. Tyler must be freaking out.
Jono
6/3/2016 5:51am
GuyB wrote:
PR... MATT BISCEGLIA TO FILL IN WITH YOSHIMURA SUZUKI AT LAKEWOOD Former AMA Horizon Award Winner Happy for the Opportunity Chino, CA (June 2, 2016) –...
PR...

He gets twice the pay, right? Haha
hasko158
6/3/2016 6:24am
He'll be a 15-20 place guy at best, why bother? And why would he leave a 2 year deal to do this instead of just asking for permission to fill in? Crazy
jeffro503
6/3/2016 6:27am
Really Happy for Matt here. I know his mom and dad pretty well and have hung around Matt quite a few times....he's a good kid. This is a chance of a life time , and I hope he makes the most of it!
kkawboy14
6/3/2016 6:28am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2016 6:29am
hasko158 wrote:
He'll be a 15-20 place guy at best, why bother? And why would he leave a 2 year deal to do this instead of just asking...
He'll be a 15-20 place guy at best, why bother? And why would he leave a 2 year deal to do this instead of just asking for permission to fill in? Crazy
He's gonna do a lot better than Stewart or Baggett did last week or this weekend, even if you combine both last weekend and this weekends results for both of them combined, he's gonna roll up both of them!

What's your point?
6/3/2016 6:31am
GuyB wrote:
PR...

Jono wrote:
He gets twice the pay, right? Haha
He has to ride both bikes at one time.
mxdude105
6/3/2016 6:38am
Good for Matt but I really can't see him doing much. Has he ever really shown anything on the 250? In this 450 field 12th-18th is where I see him at best.
hasko158
6/3/2016 6:39am
hasko158 wrote:
He'll be a 15-20 place guy at best, why bother? And why would he leave a 2 year deal to do this instead of just asking...
kkawboy14 wrote:
He's gonna do a lot better than Stewart or Baggett did last week or this weekend, even if you combine both last weekend and this weekends...
He's gonna do a lot better than Stewart or Baggett did last week or this weekend, even if you combine both last weekend and this weekends results for both of them combined, he's gonna roll up both of them!

What's your point?
He hasn't finished the race yet.....
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
6/3/2016 6:42am
hasko158 wrote:
Clueless post.
CamP
6/3/2016 7:10am
Great opportunity for Matty B! He's a big strong kid and probably better suited to a 450.
6/3/2016 8:03am
Steve/Michael, So who's bike/mechanic/suspension setup is he riding? I know JS7 and Baggett were on different stuff last weekend... Presumably, James' "bike"/mechanic?

Post a reply to: Bisceglia to fill in for Stewart and Baggett this weekend.

The Latest