Bike Stolen From Tunnel @ A2

1/24/2016 3:49pm
Not trolling, you are just wrong. You can have a plate run, its not hard and its not illegal. How do you think a private toll...
Not trolling, you are just wrong. You can have a plate run, its not hard and its not illegal. How do you think a private toll road that goes off licenses plates photos get a name and address to send a bill ? Insurance companies pay to have plates run all the time also.
Giygas wrote:
Holy shit, now I know you are trolling or you are a fucking idiot. A law enforcement officer cannot run a license plate through NCIC unless...
Holy shit, now I know you are trolling or you are a fucking idiot.

A law enforcement officer cannot run a license plate through NCIC unless he is actively involved in an investigation, period. It is against the law, though it doesn't mean it doesn't happen (obviously). Officers get hemmed up all the time in cases where they run the plates of a vehicle at the house of an ex girlfriend. The ex files a formal complaint, the officers NCIC log gets subpoenaed, and he usually gets reprimanded; often resulting in suspension or getting fired.

The toll road cameras you speak of do not run the information through NCIC. I bet you pay those red light tickets you get in the mail....lol
mxb2 wrote:
He is cluless, another internet know it all without training or experience.
Go read FastEddys post you morans.
APLMAN99
1/24/2016 3:51pm
Giygas wrote:
Holy shit, now I know you are trolling or you are a fucking idiot. A law enforcement officer cannot run a license plate through NCIC unless...

A law enforcement officer cannot run a license plate through NCIC unless he is actively involved in an investigation, period. It is against the law, though it doesn't mean it doesn't happen (obviously). Officers get hemmed up all the time in cases where they run the plates of a vehicle at the house of an ex girlfriend. The ex files a formal complaint, the officers NCIC log gets subpoenaed, and he usually gets reprimanded; often resulting in suspension or getting fired.

The toll road cameras you speak of do not run the information through NCIC. I bet you pay those red light tickets you get in the mail....lol
mxb2 wrote:
Vehicle Code Section 1808.21

1808.21. Confidential records; residence or mailing address; consent to service of process; grounds for suppression

(a) Any residence address in any record of the department is confidential and shall not be disclosed to any person, except a court, law enforcement agency, or other government agency, or as authorized in Section 1808.22 or 1808.23.

(b) Release of any mailing address or part thereof in any record of the department may be restricted to a release for purposes related to the reasons for which the information was collected, including, but not limited to, the assessment of driver risk, or ownership of vehicles or vessels. This restriction does not apply to a release to a court, a law enforcement agency, or other governmental agency, or a person who has been issued a requester code pursuant to Section 1810.2.

(C) Any person providing the department with a mailing address shall declare, under penalty of perjury, that the mailing address is a valid, existing, and accurate mailing address and shall consent to receive service of process pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 415.20, subdivision (a) of Section 415.30, and Section 416.90 of the Code of Civil Procedure at the mailing address.

(d) (1) Any registration or driver's license record of a person may be suppressed from any other person, except those persons specified in subdivision (a), if the person requesting the suppression submits either of the following:

The Shop

FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/24/2016 3:56pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Vehicle Code Section 1808.21 1808.21. Confidential records; residence or mailing address; consent to service of process; grounds for suppression (a) Any residence address in any record...
Vehicle Code Section 1808.21

1808.21. Confidential records; residence or mailing address; consent to service of process; grounds for suppression

(a) Any residence address in any record of the department is confidential and shall not be disclosed to any person, except a court, law enforcement agency, or other government agency, or as authorized in Section 1808.22 or 1808.23.

(b) Release of any mailing address or part thereof in any record of the department may be restricted to a release for purposes related to the reasons for which the information was collected, including, but not limited to, the assessment of driver risk, or ownership of vehicles or vessels. This restriction does not apply to a release to a court, a law enforcement agency, or other governmental agency, or a person who has been issued a requester code pursuant to Section 1810.2.

(C) Any person providing the department with a mailing address shall declare, under penalty of perjury, that the mailing address is a valid, existing, and accurate mailing address and shall consent to receive service of process pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 415.20, subdivision (a) of Section 415.30, and Section 416.90 of the Code of Civil Procedure at the mailing address.

(d) (1) Any registration or driver's license record of a person may be suppressed from any other person, except those persons specified in subdivision (a), if the person requesting the suppression submits either of the following:
That's Cali statue...
The guy that posted up the vin# could have been in a different state.
Like I've said before,different laws in different states.
mxb2
1/24/2016 3:56pm
Giygas wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Then what happens when you find out its stolen? Outa the jurisdiction, police proticall and civilians is different. And each police dept is different with sop.s , i guarantee you checking this info not authorized you will find yourself explaining to the authorities. and being subpoened to court as a witness or defendant.
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
1/24/2016 3:57pm
Is there any background on the bad guy. Like more bikes recovered, links to other crooks?
jeffro503
1/24/2016 3:59pm
Someone spill the fucking beans and post this guys info! I'm trying to schedule a blanket party and a secret burial , but can't do that unless I have some info. Thank you.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/24/2016 4:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2016 4:05pm
mxb2 wrote:
Then what happens when you find out its stolen? Outa the jurisdiction, police proticall and civilians is different. And each police dept is different with sop.s...
Then what happens when you find out its stolen? Outa the jurisdiction, police proticall and civilians is different. And each police dept is different with sop.s , i guarantee you checking this info not authorized you will find yourself explaining to the authorities. and being subpoened to court as a witness or defendant.
That system is basically for consumers looking to purchase used cars.
Making sure they aren't stolen or weren't totaled.
There's also one for firearms.
You dont buy it if it's hot.
When you see its stolen you can call the police with an anon tip from trak phone or from a pay phone and report the add of the people trying to sell it.

They get the data from insurance companies when people report the car stolen.
It doesnt come from NCIC.

Here's a gov site talking about it.
http://www.atg.wa.gov/all-consuming-blog/free-website-lets-you-know-if-…
BobPA
1/24/2016 4:00pm
Tiki wrote:
Is there any background on the bad guy. Like more bikes recovered, links to other crooks?
Nope, just a pissing contest between what seems to be the boys in blue and a few good samaritans.
DownSouth
1/24/2016 4:03pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Seems like these guys replaced graphics or plastics pretty darn quickly, probably wasn't their first rodeo. If they haven't been stealing things from pro pits, I'd...
Seems like these guys replaced graphics or plastics pretty darn quickly, probably wasn't their first rodeo. If they haven't been stealing things from pro pits, I'd bet good money that they've been honing their craft at local tracks for a while at least.

Still interested in finding out why/how they were in there in the first place.
KTM's come with those "in mold" graphics which are permanent. Akaydin probably had his custom graphics over the stock plastic so when the thieves pulled off the custom stuff the OEM graphics were showing.
Giygas
Fantasy
1047th
1/24/2016 4:07pm
bvm111 wrote:
I may not be a cop, but, I have served in other capacities for 25 years come this March 19th. I just spent 10 minutes on...
I may not be a cop, but, I have served in other capacities for 25 years come this March 19th. I just spent 10 minutes on my phone and found all the information that was posted including his address... Want to know what his property taxes were last year?

The digital age is a scary place... Just saying
I agree completely. My argument was strictly directed towards a LEO using his/her computer to check some random plate that he/she is not actively investigating. No doubt you could post that plate on 4chan and they would find where his second cousin from North Dakota just took a shit.
jeffro503
1/24/2016 4:10pm
It sure does seem this completely pussified law system protects the thieves more than it does the victim of the actual crime. I'm all for " fight fire , with fire ".....but luckily it didn't come to that , and the police did an awesome job on getting Michael's bike back!
gonemoto
1/24/2016 4:12pm

Sounds like those Taylor Tech guys are some good dudes.
Giygas
Fantasy
1047th
1/24/2016 4:16pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2016 4:20pm
mx317 wrote:
That's correct here newbie
Cool
Slosh 112
1/24/2016 4:19pm
Man. If I saw somebodies stolen bike in the back of a truck driving down the highway I would lose my shit, and i'd follow him to wherever he was going.
mx317
1/24/2016 4:20pm
mx317 wrote:
Giygas wrote:
Cool
It's a service I provide for free
Giygas
Fantasy
1047th
1/24/2016 4:21pm
mx317 wrote:
Thanks, breh..can we be friends?
DownSouth
1/24/2016 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2016 4:22pm
mx317 wrote:
Giygas wrote:
Cool
317 is correct. This guy has been a living legend for some time.

mx317
1/24/2016 4:27pm
mx317 wrote:
Giygas wrote:
Thanks, breh..can we be friends?
You like moto, I like moto, so hell yeah!
mxb2
1/24/2016 4:34pm
mxb2 wrote:
Then what happens when you find out its stolen? Outa the jurisdiction, police proticall and civilians is different. And each police dept is different with sop.s...
FastEddy wrote:
That system is basically for consumers looking to purchase used cars. Making sure they aren't stolen or weren't totaled. There's also one for firearms. You dont...
That system is basically for consumers looking to purchase used cars.
Making sure they aren't stolen or weren't totaled.
There's also one for firearms.
You dont buy it if it's hot.
When you see its stolen you can call the police with an anon tip from trak phone or from a pay phone and report the add of the people trying to sell it.

They get the data from insurance companies when people report the car stolen.
It doesnt come from NCIC.

Here's a gov site talking about it.
http://www.atg.wa.gov/all-consuming-blog/free-website-lets-you-know-if-…
Yea. I got a good idea how it works lol, it was just info for vital internet officers. , , people wanna be involved but dont want to go to court. .
hillbilly
1/24/2016 4:38pm
Not trolling, you are just wrong. You can have a plate run, its not hard and its not illegal. How do you think a private toll...
Not trolling, you are just wrong. You can have a plate run, its not hard and its not illegal. How do you think a private toll road that goes off licenses plates photos get a name and address to send a bill ? Insurance companies pay to have plates run all the time also.
Giygas wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
I'm a radiologist.
APLMAN99
1/24/2016 4:48pm
hillbilly wrote:
I'm a radiologist.
I've heard radiologists are pretty bright.........
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/24/2016 4:48pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2016 4:49pm
mxb2 wrote:
Yea. I got a good idea how it works lol, it was just info for vital internet officers. , , people wanna be involved but dont...
Yea. I got a good idea how it works lol, it was just info for vital internet officers. , , people wanna be involved but dont want to go to court. .
The thing is though with that system.
A vehicle will not come up stolen until it's been reported to the insurance company and then entered into the systems data-base.That can take days.

A system like NCIC that stuff is entered very quickly and is available sometimes in minutes after someone files a police report.

That insurance systems lacks greatly compared to the real deal ...
Mini Elsinore
1/24/2016 4:53pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Someone spill the fucking beans and post this guys info! I'm trying to schedule a blanket party and a secret burial , but can't do that...
Someone spill the fucking beans and post this guys info! I'm trying to schedule a blanket party and a secret burial , but can't do that unless I have some info. Thank you.
LMFAO.Evil
hillbilly
1/24/2016 4:53pm
hillbilly wrote:
I'm a radiologist.
APLMAN99 wrote:
Know everything about concussion protocol.,.
APLMAN99
1/24/2016 4:58pm
hillbilly wrote:
I'm a radiologist.
APLMAN99 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
Know everything about concussion protocol.,.
I'm not sure why, but I have a funny feeling that they've also witnessed a lot of pros starting their bikes in midair and they masturbate to snowmobiles on a regular basis (2-3 times a day....).

Post a reply to: Bike Stolen From Tunnel @ A2

The Latest