Bike Stolen From Tunnel @ A2

jeffro503
1/24/2016 2:53pm
Julian wrote:
just look at the faces on those to gentlemen ! you can just feel the sense of "law and order". The guys creating the posts on...
just look at the faces on those to gentlemen !

you can just feel the sense of "law and order".

The guys creating the posts on this forum are good guys and when something like this happens, it just ruffles all the feathers on their backs....... That is good !!!

there IS a RIGHT and a WRONG..... and stealing is a WRONG !
Exactly! I think if the thieves can break the law by stealing something....what the hell is wrong with bending the rules to get the stolen item back to it's owner?

This story has a " good feeling " ending , and I wish more things like this would happen.

And big props to the guy who took the pics of the bike and truck , and the law enforcement that followed up on it so quickly!
DC323
1/24/2016 2:55pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2016 2:55pm
Funny story...

I knew a police dispatcher that was watching TV and ran the plate of the POTUS limo through NCIC. Needless to say he was quickly getting calls from some federal agencies asking just what the hell he was doing. He was fired but now works for a Sheriff's office.
Giygas
Fantasy
1349th
1/24/2016 2:55pm
bvm111 wrote:
So you guys that watch too much TV think that it is somehow illegal to run a plate, get a VIN and address.... It's all public...
So you guys that watch too much TV think that it is somehow illegal to run a plate, get a VIN and address.... It's all public record, how is it illegal?

And don't you think that guys friend who is a police would tell him no if it really is as illegal?

Super stoked he was able to locate his motorcycle and the scum bag that truly did something illegal was arrested!
Think before you post. Its not "TV", its the law. Running a VIN or plate through NCIC, which is what the officer did, is not public record. Unless that LEO is directly investigating that case, it is illegal to check that plate through NCIC.
1/24/2016 2:57pm
Really amazed how fast he got it back and a big well done for all involved, especially the guy who got the photos on the road!, see...we can work together!.

Now, name and shame that theiving bastard! (Pic of him too!).

The Shop

mxb2
1/24/2016 3:00pm
bvm111 wrote:
So you guys that watch too much TV think that it is somehow illegal to run a plate, get a VIN and address.... It's all public...
So you guys that watch too much TV think that it is somehow illegal to run a plate, get a VIN and address.... It's all public record, how is it illegal?

And don't you think that guys friend who is a police would tell him no if it really is as illegal?

Super stoked he was able to locate his motorcycle and the scum bag that truly did something illegal was arrested!
Giygas wrote:
Think before you post. Its not "TV", its the law. Running a VIN or plate through NCIC, which is what the officer did, is not public...
Think before you post. Its not "TV", its the law. Running a VIN or plate through NCIC, which is what the officer did, is not public record. Unless that LEO is directly investigating that case, it is illegal to check that plate through NCIC.
Exactly, gotta love the internet officers, who never put on a badge or gunbelt, and people giving opinions on what to do with no training.
mxb2
1/24/2016 3:01pm
jeffro503 wrote:
This just made my day!! Yeeaahhh!! The cops were on it , and got it done asap! They deserve some free tickets to some races I...
This just made my day!! Yeeaahhh!! The cops were on it , and got it done asap! They deserve some free tickets to some races I think! And Michael has to be pumped!!
BobPA wrote:
Free tickets for doing their job?
Have you ever gotten any perks at your job for free?
Giygas
Fantasy
1349th
1/24/2016 3:04pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2016 3:13pm
mxb2
1/24/2016 3:06pm
Giygas wrote:
10-4
1/24/2016 3:09pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2016 3:13pm
Giygas wrote:
I don't want to quote it, but whoever posted the VIN and the story of how you got your cop buddy to run the plate, I...
I don't want to quote it, but whoever posted the VIN and the story of how you got your cop buddy to run the plate, I would delete that post. That is illegal for your cop friend to do that. I doubt anyone would check an MX message board and hem him up, but I'd delete it to be on the safe side...
No its not illegal for him to do that. You or any citizen can go and run a plate at the police station all you need is money and a ID and a good reason. When a cop runs a plate there is a record of it and as a cop as long as he has a legitimate reason he can to it so put the illegal bullshit to rest.
1/24/2016 3:10pm
Julian wrote:
following up from my post from 8 minutes ago. I am pleased to hell the bike was recovered and yes I hope they post the name...
following up from my post from 8 minutes ago.

I am pleased to hell the bike was recovered and yes I hope they post the name and all info possible from the thief

I want to see his photo and name on this thread and the house where he lives and all his relatives.

This sort of thing DOES not belong in the MX community and needs to be eliminated now so we all can concentrate on making this the best sport in the world.

The MX community IS MADE UP OF THOSE NORWEGIAN AND BAVARIAN type people and that is one reason it is as wonderful as it is today, we need to nip this stealing trend in the bud and eliminate all of the trash that is starting to seep in to our sport, Like Barney Fife used to say in the Andy Griffith Show, We need to NIP IT IN THE BUD !!!!!!!!
That happens in Canada and the USA as well. There are cabins around the Manitoba/North Dakota boarder the have sign in books, charge nothing and just request a donation of foodstuffs, coffee, hot chocolate for the next visitors. Also, there is golf course in Lagdon ND that works on the honor system at certain times. They post the rate, have envelopes to put your name and money in and a lock box. Heck, they used to also have candy bars available on the honour system. Should be noted that these are less populated areas.
1/24/2016 3:11pm
Giygas wrote:
Think before you post. Its not "TV", its the law. Running a VIN or plate through NCIC, which is what the officer did, is not public...
And now you are wrong again ! so stop before you make yourself out to be a total dumbshit. Pinch
jeffro503
1/24/2016 3:13pm
BobPA wrote:
Yes! That's exactly what I mean. For them doing their job in such a timely manner and helping out a fellow MX brother get his high dollar race bike back. What is wrong with officers getting some free ( and not asked for ) perks for kicking ass at their job?

If that was my bike , I'd be sending them fucking Christmas presents!
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
jeffro503 wrote:
This just made my day!! Yeeaahhh!! The cops were on it , and got it done asap! They deserve some free tickets to some races I...
This just made my day!! Yeeaahhh!! The cops were on it , and got it done asap! They deserve some free tickets to some races I think! And Michael has to be pumped!!
BobPA wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Have you ever gotten any perks at your job for free?
It's called a bonus, tip, whatever. Throw the officers a few tickets.
We give people money for doing the right thing. So what's the difference?
Giygas
Fantasy
1349th
1/24/2016 3:13pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2016 3:17pm
And now you are wrong again ! so stop before you make yourself out to be a total dumbshit. Pinch
Go troll another thread.
Trav138
Very cool story! When people get involved and work with the police its usually a righteous outcome.

1/24/2016 3:18pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2016 3:19pm
Giygas wrote:
Go troll another thread.
Not trolling, you are just wrong. You can have a plate run, its not hard and its not illegal. How do you think a private toll road that goes off licenses plates photos get a name and address to send a bill ? Insurance companies pay to have plates run all the time also.
APLMAN99
1/24/2016 3:21pm
Giygas wrote:
I don't want to quote it, but whoever posted the VIN and the story of how you got your cop buddy to run the plate, I...
I don't want to quote it, but whoever posted the VIN and the story of how you got your cop buddy to run the plate, I would delete that post. That is illegal for your cop friend to do that. I doubt anyone would check an MX message board and hem him up, but I'd delete it to be on the safe side...
No its not illegal for him to do that. You or any citizen can go and run a plate at the police station all you need...
No its not illegal for him to do that. You or any citizen can go and run a plate at the police station all you need is money and a ID and a good reason. When a cop runs a plate there is a record of it and as a cop as long as he has a legitimate reason he can to it so put the illegal bullshit to rest.
That's false. In CA the addresses are confidential. I posted the applicable code.
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
1/24/2016 3:25pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2016 3:30pm
Giygas wrote:
No its not illegal for him to do that. You or any citizen can go and run a plate at the police station all you need...
The dispatch centers use E-Agent software which connects to NCIC.
I've posted about this before on here.
The only time anyone with access/credentials can get into trouble for misusing NCIC is if a CJIS Systems Officer audits them and files some sort of formal complaint. CJIS also is in control of data breaches and securing it from being hacked etc..
I do not know of one time this ever happening. They never do it, that I'm aware of unless there is a active case against the officer.
How the system works...
It works similar to google or any search function - you search and you get results.
It's basically a data tank/data-base that everyone(different agencies) contributes to.

Giygas
Fantasy
1349th
1/24/2016 3:25pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2016 3:29pm
Not trolling, you are just wrong. You can have a plate run, its not hard and its not illegal. How do you think a private toll...
Not trolling, you are just wrong. You can have a plate run, its not hard and its not illegal. How do you think a private toll road that goes off licenses plates photos get a name and address to send a bill ? Insurance companies pay to have plates run all the time also.
Holy shit, now I know you are trolling or you are a fucking idiot.

A law enforcement officer cannot run a license plate through NCIC unless he is actively involved in an investigation, period. It is against the law, though it doesn't mean it doesn't happen (obviously). Officers get hemmed up all the time in cases where they run the plates of a vehicle at the house of an ex girlfriend. The ex files a formal complaint, the officers NCIC log gets subpoenaed, and he usually gets reprimanded; often resulting in suspension or getting fired.

The toll road cameras you speak of do not run the information through NCIC. I bet you pay those red light tickets you get in the mail....lol
Crush
1/24/2016 3:27pm
Crazy they got it back.

Wonder how long till a factory bike goes missing!
mxb2
1/24/2016 3:28pm
Not trolling, you are just wrong. You can have a plate run, its not hard and its not illegal. How do you think a private toll...
Giygas wrote:
Holy shit, now I know you are trolling or you are a fucking idiot. A law enforcement officer cannot run a license plate through NCIC unless...
Holy shit, now I know you are trolling or you are a fucking idiot.

A law enforcement officer cannot run a license plate through NCIC unless he is actively involved in an investigation, period. It is against the law, though it doesn't mean it doesn't happen (obviously). Officers get hemmed up all the time in cases where they run the plates of a vehicle at the house of an ex girlfriend. The ex files a formal complaint, the officers NCIC log gets subpoenaed, and he usually gets reprimanded; often resulting in suspension or getting fired.

The toll road cameras you speak of do not run the information through NCIC. I bet you pay those red light tickets you get in the mail....lol
He is cluless, another internet know it all without training or experience.
APLMAN99
1/24/2016 3:31pm
Crush wrote:
Crazy they got it back.

Wonder how long till a factory bike goes missing!
Definitely great that they got it back. Getting that photo was awesome and probably had a lot more credibility than simply just an "eyewitness" report.

I'm interested to see if the perpetrator(s) are INDUSTRIE related, and if so, how.
MR. X
1/24/2016 3:38pm
I wonder if it turns up any info to other thefts.
Nom DeGuerre
1/24/2016 3:43pm
wgaf, it was recovered.............scumbag thieves, tired of things being slanted for the offenders. Hope the scumbag gets his.
jeffro503
1/24/2016 3:45pm
MR. X wrote:
The way that guy just strolled in there and stole that bike , makes me think it definitely wasn't his first rodeo. I'll bet money he knows people in the pits , or some other relationship with someone.

I can't see anything in these pics posted on page 3 , but the Taylor Tech guys some how knew this bike was stolen.

I'm actually confused on this part.

APLMAN99
1/24/2016 3:45pm
MR. X wrote:
Seems like these guys replaced graphics or plastics pretty darn quickly, probably wasn't their first rodeo. If they haven't been stealing things from pro pits, I'd bet good money that they've been honing their craft at local tracks for a while at least.

Still interested in finding out why/how they were in there in the first place.
mxb2
1/24/2016 3:46pm
wgaf, it was recovered.............scumbag thieves, tired of things being slanted for the offenders. Hope the scumbag gets his.
X2,_and hope they are prosecuted ,and the victim receives restituition.
bvm111
1/24/2016 3:47pm
bvm111 wrote:

Giygas wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Exactly, gotta love the internet officers, who never put on a badge or gunbelt, and people giving opinions on what to do with no training.
I may not be a cop, but, I have served in other capacities for 25 years come this March 19th. I just spent 10 minutes on my phone and found all the information that was posted including his address... Want to know what his property taxes were last year?

The digital age is a scary place... Just saying
WeiserGuy
1/24/2016 3:47pm
In the first picture of the suspect riding the bike he has a strap (camera bag??) around his back. Considering he may have been disguised as photographer did anyone get him in the background of one of their shot's?

Post a reply to: Bike Stolen From Tunnel @ A2

The Latest