Bike Insurance ?

49weasel
I randomly called Geico today to get an ID card. Found out they cancelled my policy a year ago because they said I stated the bike what being used on a track more than once a year.

Any heard of that ?

Who do you guys use?
|
jtiger12
9/2/2018 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2018 3:12pm
I use geico, never had an issue but I've never used it
49weasel
9/2/2018 3:20pm
Better double check. I’ve been with them 10 years(well 9) but never made a claim.
9/2/2018 3:58pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2018 3:59pm
I use State Farm and my yearly premium is $250 (approx $15/month). Your insurance provider need not know where or how the bike is ridden.

The Shop

9/2/2018 4:03pm
I use State Farm for 3 dirt bikes plus my Harley, along with my car and homeowners. It averages about $15 a month for each dirt bike. I've made it clear to them I operate these off road on private land. I've never said anything to them about tracks or racing... they've never asked.
PTECH
9/2/2018 4:05pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2018 4:06pm
I'm guessing you're talking about a mx bike that is not operated on public roads? I know of guy who have had issues with their auto insurance on street cars that were tracked, too much risk I guess. Now if you're just talking about comprehensive coverage I cant imagine how they would care?
motogrady
9/2/2018 4:23pm

They're not gonna tell you guys. They bury that stuff in the fine print, knowing very few will take the time to read it.
It's only when you make a claim, or call them on it, that it will be addressed.
Then, they will deny payment, because you agreed and signed to the conditions on the policy, and did something else.
Or, they will say, if you bring it up, no, this policy does not cover the vehicle, or you, if it occurs in a racing event.
Then, they will multiply to cover racing by about 10 times, or tell you no, we don't offer that.
centralcalmx
Fantasy
98th
9/2/2018 4:34pm
UsIng progressive and it’s about $80 a year and that includes 3k in extras covered.
Hope to never need to use it.

49weasel
9/2/2018 4:41pm
Just bought a policy with Progressive. I grilled the chick about coverage.
She said the bike is covered everywhere but racing events. I made her double check and her supervisor even said the same thing. She even called me back after I bought the policy to confirm her answers.

I’m going to call Foremost on Tuesday to see what there answer is.
DTR830
Fantasy
1105th
9/2/2018 4:53pm
progressive
9/2/2018 8:08pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2018 8:09pm
49weasel wrote:
Just bought a policy with Progressive. I grilled the chick about coverage. She said the bike is covered everywhere but racing events. I made her double...
Just bought a policy with Progressive. I grilled the chick about coverage.
She said the bike is covered everywhere but racing events. I made her double check and her supervisor even said the same thing. She even called me back after I bought the policy to confirm her answers.

I’m going to call Foremost on Tuesday to see what there answer is.
I'm afraid I don't understand. You should only be insuring an off-road motorcycle with comprehensive coverage to help cover the loss if it is stolen. The only reason a motocross racing event would come into play is if you're trying to file a claim for damage, which would be dumb and no insurance provider is going to pay for a damaged motorcycle at a racing event.

You insure a dirt bike to cover the loss (comprehensive) and nothing else. That is the extent of the conversation you should have with your insurance provider. If it's stolen at a motocross event, the insurance provider doesn't need to know that. Just get a police report to cover your ass.

Post a reply to: Bike Insurance ?

The Latest