Big year for Kawasaki (and Tomac)

Just realised that if ET can win this thing statistically it's a pretty significant season, Kawasaki will become the most successful Pro Motocross brand with 14 premier class championships (currently tied with Honda at 13)

ET, assuming he gets 4 overall wins, will tie 5th with Stewart for most overall wins in the premier class.

Not to mention he'll be the 3rd rider to ever 3peat and 7th rider to win 3 titles.

Bet the marketing team are rubbing their hands together haha.
|
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
5/31/2019 6:54pm
Dang, it took them 15 years to catch Honda, since Honda hasn’t won a 250/450f title since 2004 with Ricky Carmichael. Honda was so dominant from 82 to 2004.
5/31/2019 6:55pm
Dang, it took them 15 years to catch Honda, since Honda hasn’t won a 250/450f title since 2004 with Ricky Carmichael. Honda was so dominant from...
Dang, it took them 15 years to catch Honda, since Honda hasn’t won a 250/450f title since 2004 with Ricky Carmichael. Honda was so dominant from 82 to 2004.
Yeah it's crazy how dominate they were. They're still a full season ahead in terms of overall wins though!
kb228
5/31/2019 7:24pm
They dont call it the bike that builds champions for no reason.
seventeen
5/31/2019 7:29pm
Lets not count our chickens to soon...but I do hope your suppositions come true...

The Shop

tcallahan707
5/31/2019 7:46pm
kb228 wrote:
Sweet double negative.
mxb2
5/31/2019 7:56pm
Just realised that if ET can win this thing statistically it's a pretty significant season, Kawasaki will become the most successful Pro Motocross brand with 14...
Just realised that if ET can win this thing statistically it's a pretty significant season, Kawasaki will become the most successful Pro Motocross brand with 14 premier class championships (currently tied with Honda at 13)

ET, assuming he gets 4 overall wins, will tie 5th with Stewart for most overall wins in the premier class.

Not to mention he'll be the 3rd rider to ever 3peat and 7th rider to win 3 titles.

Jones,tony d, rc?
5/31/2019 8:25pm
Just realised that if ET can win this thing statistically it's a pretty significant season, Kawasaki will become the most successful Pro Motocross brand with 14...

mxb2 wrote:
Jones,tony d, rc?
So it's 4th? I stand corrected!
5/31/2019 8:26pm
kb228 wrote:
A worthy title I say!
ccullins
5/31/2019 9:13pm

So in the 80’s what was the premiere class? 250 or 500’s. Or are they combing 250 & 500 Championships?
mxb2
5/31/2019 9:16pm

mxb2 wrote:
Jones,tony d, rc?
So it's 4th? I stand corrected!
Good company to be in.
kpiper
5/31/2019 9:48pm

ccullins wrote:
So in the 80’s what was the premiere class? 250 or 500’s. Or are they combing 250 & 500 Championships?
250 was the premier class back in the 80's. But still the 500 title had clout.
wildbill
6/1/2019 3:00am

ccullins wrote:
kpiper wrote:
250 was the premier class back in the 80's. But still the 500 title had clout.
Hold one WFO for a lap or two and you'll understand why.
OldYZRider1
6/1/2019 4:21am
ccullins wrote:
I always felt that in the 1970’s that the 500 class was the top class. This was the class that the big name riders were in; Lackey, Decoster, Mikkola, etc. But towards the 80’s the 250’s began to take over as they were capable of setting better times than the big bikes. Riders like Hannah, Tripes, Howerton helped establish the 250 class as the fast guys and the manufacturers seemed to shift their focus more to that class of machines. Also Maico went away. They were considered to be the gold standard of the big bore two strokes and I think the class lost some of its allure with them gone.

I see history starting to repeat itself as the 250 class of today sometimes outperforms the 450 class. One significant difference today however is the sales numbers of the 450 bikes is good. I don’t think the big bore two stroke market was ever really strong as they were considered pretty unruly bikes to ride and some vibrated significantly making them uncomfortable. The fact that their engines could be really low maintenance wasn’t enough to save them from dieing off.
ccullins
6/1/2019 10:05am
ccullins wrote:
I always felt that in the 1970’s that the 500 class was the top class. This was the class that the big name riders were in...
I always felt that in the 1970’s that the 500 class was the top class. This was the class that the big name riders were in; Lackey, Decoster, Mikkola, etc. But towards the 80’s the 250’s began to take over as they were capable of setting better times than the big bikes. Riders like Hannah, Tripes, Howerton helped establish the 250 class as the fast guys and the manufacturers seemed to shift their focus more to that class of machines. Also Maico went away. They were considered to be the gold standard of the big bore two strokes and I think the class lost some of its allure with them gone.

I see history starting to repeat itself as the 250 class of today sometimes outperforms the 450 class. One significant difference today however is the sales numbers of the 450 bikes is good. I don’t think the big bore two stroke market was ever really strong as they were considered pretty unruly bikes to ride and some vibrated significantly making them uncomfortable. The fact that their engines could be really low maintenance wasn’t enough to save them from dieing off.
I was mainly asking as far as the Honda Championships.

I always saw them as pretty equal. You even had guys like Bailey who won the 250 in 83 then moved up to the 500 in 84. I don’t think that was considered a step down.

So back to the Honda Championships. What classes where they looking at?

Post a reply to: Big year for Kawasaki (and Tomac)

The Latest