McDonald’s Honda?
Lowe’s Yamaha?
Wendy’s Kawasaki?
Mobil1 Husqvarna?
Pepsi Suzuki?
Coca-cola Honda

|
9/1/2020 6:56pm
Jmo race bikes should promote the mcf. Kawasaki Honda etc. Never going to happen again but the bikes before 2000 looked the part. Now they look like soda cans.
RalphS
9/1/2020 7:02pm
Max Petro wrote:
Will we ever see a
Home Depot KTM team?
McDonald’s Honda?
Lowe’s Yamaha?
Wendy’s Kawasaki?
Mobil1 Husqvarna?
Pepsi Suzuki?
Coca-cola Honda

Mobil 1 def not. With Monster and Rockstar it's like having coke and pepsi already. It'd be cool to have something as home depot or lowes sponsorship but it's far fetched as now. On the restaurants side I think we had one sponsoring at some point , was it BK in the late 90s?
Spudnut
9/1/2020 8:17pm
I wouldn’t hold my breath But I would like that. I wish more athletic based companies would hop on board, it’s no secret that people that race even at the amateur level are starting to train more and more..

Also who the heck is going to talk some sense into the major rv companies?? From the outside looking in I would think motocross is a very good market for them. I would definetly atleast consider X brand toy hauler if I saw them sponsoring a moto team or something. Hell let’s get international and Volvo involved while we’re at it

I would not like to see fast food chains get involved.

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/1/2020 8:25pm
Ummm... didn’t Home Depot sponsor Slater Skins Yamaha or one of the other satellite Yamaha teams recently?
vetmx808
9/1/2020 8:30pm
Apple? Android? Verizon? Sprint? At&T? Why not some big electronic vendors. Lots of options. Dungey broke the mold with bringing in Target. Walmart Verizon GasGas MX Team... haha
9/1/2020 8:33pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2020 8:36pm
Max Petro wrote:
Will we ever see a
Home Depot KTM team?
McDonald’s Honda?
Lowe’s Yamaha?
Wendy’s Kawasaki?
Mobil1 Husqvarna?
Pepsi Suzuki?
Coca-cola Honda

RalphS wrote:
Mobil 1 def not. With Monster and Rockstar it's like having coke and pepsi already. It'd be cool to have something as home depot or lowes...
Mobil 1 def not. With Monster and Rockstar it's like having coke and pepsi already. It'd be cool to have something as home depot or lowes sponsorship but it's far fetched as now. On the restaurants side I think we had one sponsoring at some point , was it BK in the late 90s?
BPRMX team from 16-18 had Home Depot on the bike. I don't know what level of involvement that entailed.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/1/2020 8:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2020 8:43pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Ummm... didn’t Home Depot sponsor Slater Skins Yamaha or one of the other satellite Yamaha teams recently?
Yes, a few years ago they sponsored the Barn Pros Racing team.

9/1/2020 8:34pm
vetmx808 wrote:
Apple? Android? Verizon? Sprint? At&T? Why not some big electronic vendors. Lots of options. Dungey broke the mold with bringing in Target. Walmart Verizon GasGas MX...
Apple? Android? Verizon? Sprint? At&T? Why not some big electronic vendors. Lots of options. Dungey broke the mold with bringing in Target. Walmart Verizon GasGas MX Team... haha
RCH briefly had Microsoft
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
9/1/2020 9:24pm
Max Petro wrote:
Will we ever see a
Home Depot KTM team?
McDonald’s Honda?
Lowe’s Yamaha?
Wendy’s Kawasaki?
Mobil1 Husqvarna?
Pepsi Suzuki?
Coca-cola Honda

RalphS wrote:
Mobil 1 def not. With Monster and Rockstar it's like having coke and pepsi already. It'd be cool to have something as home depot or lowes...

zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
9/2/2020 5:33am
Max Petro wrote:
Will we ever see a
Home Depot KTM team?
McDonald’s Honda?
Lowe’s Yamaha?
Wendy’s Kawasaki?
Mobil1 Husqvarna?
Pepsi Suzuki?
Coca-cola Honda

RalphS wrote:
hartebreak wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/09/01/447454/s1200_Larocco.jpg[/img]

Didnt one of the podcasts state this was basically smoke and mirrors. It was essentially one Jack in the Box location, and they made it seem like a bigger deal than it actually was?
USA
Fantasy
428th
9/2/2020 5:38am
Max Petro wrote:
Will we ever see a
Home Depot KTM team?
McDonald’s Honda?
Lowe’s Yamaha?
Wendy’s Kawasaki?
Mobil1 Husqvarna?
Pepsi Suzuki?
Coca-cola Honda

RalphS wrote:
BPRMX team from 16-18 had Home Depot on the bike. I don't know what level of involvement that entailed.
Barn Pros is only sold in Home Depot (or was at the time) hence the logo. No actual affiliation with Home Depot, from my recollection.
chump6784
9/2/2020 5:42am
Spudnut wrote:
Gatorade/Powerade?
I've often wondered why they don't sponsor a team. At least the riders would actually drink that on the podium
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
9/2/2020 5:46am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2020 5:46am
RalphS wrote:
hartebreak wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/09/01/447454/s1200_Larocco.jpg[/img]

Didnt one of the podcasts state this was basically smoke and mirrors. It was essentially one Jack in the Box location, and they made it seem...
Didnt one of the podcasts state this was basically smoke and mirrors. It was essentially one Jack in the Box location, and they made it seem like a bigger deal than it actually was?
I believe it was similar with the Subway Coca-Cola Honda team. It wasn't a national marketing effort, it was a local franchisee/distributor or something along those lines. Still, money is money and maybe the mother ship takes notice and wants to get involved.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
9/2/2020 5:48am
RalphS wrote:
hartebreak wrote:

Didnt one of the podcasts state this was basically smoke and mirrors. It was essentially one Jack in the Box location, and they made it seem...
They went to Jack In The Box and asked to use the logo on the bikes to attract big sponsors for the next year. There was no money given to the team per what was reported. Jamie Grossers family had a big part in this strategy if I remember right.
duckdog77
9/2/2020 6:05am
I like the RV/Toy Hauler idea as lots of moto families have rv’s.

CAT, John Deere, Kubota etc...Lot of moto guys that have their own private tracks and even locally owned public tracks use something to move dirt besides a shovel!

Those would be some things I believe would see ROI directly related to the moto community.
mister2dt
9/2/2020 6:17am
The RV thing "could" be something, maybe. Most of those companies are family owned believe it or not. Prevost, one of the best, family owned. Sponsors SEC football, donates buses to Ole Miss, free loaners to Ole Miss alum to travel for out of state games. He helped a former customer of mine who race moto and his kid raced, showed lots of promise before getting seriously injured. Prevost gave him a flagship, $2mil bus to go racing in every year.
JAFO92
9/2/2020 6:23am
Max Petro wrote:
Will we ever see a
Home Depot KTM team?
McDonald’s Honda?
Lowe’s Yamaha?
Wendy’s Kawasaki?
Mobil1 Husqvarna?
Pepsi Suzuki?
Coca-cola Honda

No
kkawboy14
9/2/2020 6:28am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2020 6:34am
Geico

Makita

Surf Detergent

Fox

Oakley- Oakley thinks so little about moto that they don’t even have moto pictures in their stores
BR650
9/2/2020 6:36am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Geico

Makita

Surf Detergent

Fox

Oakley- Oakley thinks so little about moto that they don’t even have moto pictures in their stores
Wow, you are right about Oakley. I just went to their website and you have to dig before you find motocross.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/2/2020 6:38am
Brands like a Lowe's or Home Depot require a decent amount of B2B (business to business) aspects that most moto teams can't offer. Sadly, many of your large corporate sponsors in auto racing are like that. It's not just a simple branding deal anymore where you get X amount of dollars for X amount of events and TV time. There's almost always something going on in the background to get it done.
Holigan
9/2/2020 7:09am
We brought in Samsung, Sprint, Radio Shack, Dep (hair products), RCA, PowerBar and a few others. We had to find a champion in each company that liked/loved the SX/MX atmosphere as the pure exposure numbers (television and attendees) do not justify the expense. We created The Reality of Speed to give the sponsors more exposure, and got higher ratings each week then the race broadcasts.

We hit several problems with Clear Channel (Feld predecessor) on interacting with fans at the races, which really turned off the sponsors. Plus CC and some sports marketing agencies were constantly slamming our sponsors for their business, which was another huge turn off.

The energy drinks are the right sponsors for the sport. They are selling very expensive sugar water to 14 to 24 year old males that think sugar water is cool and are easily influenced by a brand. The Home Depot, Sherwin-Williams, DuPont, GMC Trucks (all former sponsors of my other television series) measure everything and SX/MX does not generate enough viewers to their brand for the expense of sponsoring a team and leveraging the sponsorship. It is perfect for the OEMs, oil companies and auto/boat/motorcycle insurance.
spimx
9/2/2020 7:33am
O'reilly or Auto zone.

How many guys are regulars at the local parts place? I'm always in there drunk off my ass covered in grease and oil looking for some tool or part. Or on the way to the track getting one last thing like chain lube or break parts cleaner
philG
9/2/2020 9:52am
Yup, and if they do come, Feld will poach them anyway

Boils my piss.
philG
9/2/2020 11:00am
Its already plenty attractive enough, but they want a return , so its bang for your buck, and for that , MX is a long way down the pecking order.
Beeby
9/2/2020 11:21am
The sport is not high profile enough, as people have already said.

Also, people are critical of the MXGP for going to flat tracks on tarmac but as far as being a sponsor, if I want to invite them to an event as a VIP I don't need them digging their car our of a field afterwards and having to put mud gear on to get to a VIP tent.
9/2/2020 11:21am
GPs attracted some mainstream sponsors in the 90s that looked sweet

Scooter
9/2/2020 11:49am
RalphS wrote:
hartebreak wrote:

Great way to land a sponsor. Kenny Bernstein had no sponsors so he painted up his NHRA Dragster with Budweiser logos, took it to the Budweiser headquarters and parked it in front of their building....led to a long-term, multi-million dollar sponsorship!

Post a reply to: Big companies Big sponsorship $$?

The Latest