Big Mx Tristan Charboneau

Related:
Create New Tag

11/11/2020 5:10 PM

An interesting interview on Big Mx radio, wondered what ever happened to him, its all there and then some

|

11/11/2020 7:45 PM

Luke_Richards wrote:

An interesting interview on Big Mx radio, wondered what ever happened to him, its all there and then some

I have known that kid since he trained with Miles Warren. Now that kid was fast.

|

11/11/2020 8:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/11/2020 8:23 PM

DRAMA ALERT:
Interesting when Tristan talked about the day at Pala.. He was 2 seconds a lap faster than Christian Craig, so the Gieco team started him 30 seconds behind Christian in each of the 3/ 30min motos. He goes on to say that he beat Christian each time out, whom was supposed to be his "mentor" and show him the ropes of the team, and Christian stopped talking to him entirely from that day on as well as Christian, Paige and Jagger unfollowing him on Instagram after that practice day. He also said that everytime he went to their house Paige was drunk on fireball.

Remember these are Tristan Charboneau's words in the podcast, not mine.

Sounds like a lot of drama..

|

11/11/2020 8:44 PM

berm surfer wrote: DRAMA ALERT:
Interesting when Tristan talked about the day at Pala.. He was 2 seconds a lap faster than Christian Craig, so the Gieco team started him 30 seconds behind Christian in each of the 3/ 30min motos. He goes on to say that he beat Christian each time out, whom was supposed to be his "mentor" and show him the ropes of the team, and Christian stopped talking to him entirely from that day on as well as Christian, Paige and Jagger unfollowing him on Instagram after that practice day. He also said that everytime he went to their house Paige was drunk on fireball.

Remember these are Tristan Charboneau's words in the podcast, not mine.

Sounds like a lot of drama..

Bold words from someone who didn’t like to put the work in. Craig is on the best 250 and charbs is at home...sounds bitter and jealous.

|

11/11/2020 9:06 PM

berm surfer wrote: DRAMA ALERT:
Interesting when Tristan talked about the day at Pala.. He was 2 seconds a lap faster than Christian Craig, so the Gieco team started him 30 seconds behind Christian in each of the 3/ 30min motos. He goes on to say that he beat Christian each time out, whom was supposed to be his "mentor" and show him the ropes of the team, and Christian stopped talking to him entirely from that day on as well as Christian, Paige and Jagger unfollowing him on Instagram after that practice day. He also said that everytime he went to their house Paige was drunk on fireball.

Remember these are Tristan Charboneau's words in the podcast, not mine.

Sounds like a lot of drama..

xrmark wrote:

Bold words from someone who didn’t like to put the work in. Craig is on the best 250 and charbs is at home...sounds bitter and jealous.

Thats what I was thinking too! I dont know him like the dude in the post above. So, he could be a good dude, but Idk if a good dude says that stuff on a moto podcast.

|

11/11/2020 9:09 PM

berm surfer wrote: DRAMA ALERT:
Interesting when Tristan talked about the day at Pala.. He was 2 seconds a lap faster than Christian Craig, so the Gieco team started him 30 seconds behind Christian in each of the 3/ 30min motos. He goes on to say that he beat Christian each time out, whom was supposed to be his "mentor" and show him the ropes of the team, and Christian stopped talking to him entirely from that day on as well as Christian, Paige and Jagger unfollowing him on Instagram after that practice day. He also said that everytime he went to their house Paige was drunk on fireball.

Remember these are Tristan Charboneau's words in the podcast, not mine.

Sounds like a lot of drama..

xrmark wrote:

Bold words from someone who didn’t like to put the work in. Craig is on the best 250 and charbs is at home...sounds bitter and jealous.

berm surfer wrote:

Thats what I was thinking too! I dont know him like the dude in the post above. So, he could be a good dude, but Idk if a good dude says that stuff on a moto podcast.

I don't know him personally, but watched him come up since 50's until I quite racing right before he went pro. Kid is/was fast and talented. I always wondered what happened to him after his brief Geico ride

|

11/11/2020 9:45 PM

xrmark wrote:

Bold words from someone who didn’t like to put the work in. Craig is on the best 250 and charbs is at home...sounds bitter and jealous.

berm surfer wrote:

Thats what I was thinking too! I dont know him like the dude in the post above. So, he could be a good dude, but Idk if a good dude says that stuff on a moto podcast.

Ryan625 wrote:

I don't know him personally, but watched him come up since 50's until I quite racing right before he went pro. Kid is/was fast and talented. I always wondered what happened to him after his brief Geico ride

I don’t know any of the specifics, but as far as I remember he was pulled up from their amateur team to basically be a fill in due to injuries. From what I remember he did pretty well but I believe he got hurt and they never offered him another contract. He then went to Europe.

|

11/11/2020 10:00 PM

berm surfer wrote: DRAMA ALERT:
Interesting when Tristan talked about the day at Pala.. He was 2 seconds a lap faster than Christian Craig, so the Gieco team started him 30 seconds behind Christian in each of the 3/ 30min motos. He goes on to say that he beat Christian each time out, whom was supposed to be his "mentor" and show him the ropes of the team, and Christian stopped talking to him entirely from that day on as well as Christian, Paige and Jagger unfollowing him on Instagram after that practice day. He also said that everytime he went to their house Paige was drunk on fireball.

Remember these are Tristan Charboneau's words in the podcast, not mine.

Sounds like a lot of drama..

xrmark wrote:

Bold words from someone who didn’t like to put the work in. Craig is on the best 250 and charbs is at home...sounds bitter and jealous.

Possibly. It’s also possible he’s telling the truth. Also seems possible you have no clue which one is accurate and are blindly taking sides

|

11/11/2020 10:12 PM

berm surfer wrote: DRAMA ALERT:
Interesting when Tristan talked about the day at Pala.. He was 2 seconds a lap faster than Christian Craig, so the Gieco team started him 30 seconds behind Christian in each of the 3/ 30min motos. He goes on to say that he beat Christian each time out, whom was supposed to be his "mentor" and show him the ropes of the team, and Christian stopped talking to him entirely from that day on as well as Christian, Paige and Jagger unfollowing him on Instagram after that practice day. He also said that everytime he went to their house Paige was drunk on fireball.

Remember these are Tristan Charboneau's words in the podcast, not mine.

Sounds like a lot of drama..

Oh shit ..... I'll bet that unfollow on Instagram probably hurt the worst! Not knocking you berm surfer, rather that anyone could get THAT upset by an "unfollow on Instagram" which is a real thing.
He mustve felt like he got stabbed in tf he heart the day he found out he received the dreaded unfollow which is super comical to me that some really take an unfollow akin to a public diss. For him to say "they (the craigs,) unfollowed charbizz" and it made him clearly upset is such a pansy thing to say but kids dont take the unfollow lightly. It's sad that this is how a life altering thing...... 😂🤏😂

|

11/11/2020 10:16 PM

mxpro252 wrote:

Possibly. It’s also possible he’s telling the truth. Also seems possible you have no clue which one is accurate and are blindly taking sides

Never said he wasn’t telling the truth. I’m saying bold words from someone who was let go and then proceeds to talk shit on someone that is still making a living riding a dirt bike. Pretty lame to rant about an unfollow on Instagram as well lol unsure

|

11/11/2020 10:29 PM

Don't really get why the host decided to shit on a kid and Paige too but whatever.

Was interesting to hear Tristians thoughts on CC. Stuff you dont hear about every day was cool.

|

11/11/2020 11:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/11/2020 11:50 PM

We all have an ex - (almost) pro friend.

Whenever he has a few beers he cant help but talking about his complex - what would COULD have once been (if he had worked harder and not taken his opportunities for granted)

-They always say the same shit

* They didnt train and were naturally gifted
* On their best day they once competed with a legit champion on their worst day (they never shut up about that one)
* There was always someone better off than them that they hate till this day - even if that person was more dedicated and had a proper pro career

|

Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting


11/11/2020 11:42 PM

Luke_Richards wrote:

An interesting interview on Big Mx radio, wondered what ever happened to him, its all there and then some

What is Big Mx radio?
When he was doing emx250 he looked fast on hard pack but faded away most of races like he was out of shape.

|

11/11/2020 11:42 PM

Oh boy

|

11/12/2020 4:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/12/2020 4:39 AM

Who doesn’t get drunk on fireball!?! Tristan must be a bummer at parties.

|

11/12/2020 5:01 AM

xrmark wrote:

Bold words from someone who didn’t like to put the work in. Craig is on the best 250 and charbs is at home...sounds bitter and jealous.

mxpro252 wrote:

Possibly. It’s also possible he’s telling the truth. Also seems possible you have no clue which one is accurate and are blindly taking sides

xrmark wrote:

Never said he wasn’t telling the truth. I’m saying bold words from someone who was let go and then proceeds to talk shit on someone that is still making a living riding a dirt bike. Pretty lame to rant about an unfollow on Instagram as well lol unsure

Its a bit hard to take another riders spot on the team when his father in law is the boss. Sorry, I haven't been impressed with Craig since 2017. He gets hurt every year. Couldn't even win on PEDs. Gotta nice instagram tho.

|

11/12/2020 5:39 AM

RonJon wrote:

Its a bit hard to take another riders spot on the team when his father in law is the boss. Sorry, I haven't been impressed with Craig since 2017. He gets hurt every year. Couldn't even win on PEDs. Gotta nice instagram tho.

I'm assuming you didn't watch the 450 nationals this year.

I don't understand why people who aren't fans of this sport even hangs out here.

|

11/12/2020 6:30 AM

xrmark wrote:

Never said he wasn’t telling the truth. I’m saying bold words from someone who was let go and then proceeds to talk shit on someone that is still making a living riding a dirt bike. Pretty lame to rant about an unfollow on Instagram as well lol unsure

RonJon wrote:

Its a bit hard to take another riders spot on the team when his father in law is the boss. Sorry, I haven't been impressed with Craig since 2017. He gets hurt every year. Couldn't even win on PEDs. Gotta nice instagram tho.

Ray_MXS wrote:

I'm assuming you didn't watch the 450 nationals this year.

I don't understand why people who aren't fans of this sport even hangs out here.

I watched the nationals. One moto podium in a depleted field. I don't understand why people and the industry gargle this kids nuts.

|

11/12/2020 6:41 AM

RonJon wrote:

Its a bit hard to take another riders spot on the team when his father in law is the boss. Sorry, I haven't been impressed with Craig since 2017. He gets hurt every year. Couldn't even win on PEDs. Gotta nice instagram tho.

Ray_MXS wrote:

I'm assuming you didn't watch the 450 nationals this year.

I don't understand why people who aren't fans of this sport even hangs out here.

RonJon wrote:

I watched the nationals. One moto podium in a depleted field. I don't understand why people and the industry gargle this kids nuts.

I don’t understand why people like you bash anyone capable of making mains, much less top 10’s.

|

11/12/2020 7:39 AM

Always rooted for Charboneau, 1 stand out I have of him was when he was on the BUD Kawasaki racing SX, he had gone down in the LCQ early and knew he had no chance of transferring, but he stayed out there and was continually throwing some big whips on the triples. Earned my respect for not packing it in.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

11/12/2020 7:58 AM

Why did Charboneau quit mx so quickly after going pro?

|

11/12/2020 9:42 AM

motokiwi wrote:

We all have an ex - (almost) pro friend.

Whenever he has a few beers he cant help but talking about his complex - what would COULD have once been (if he had worked harder and not taken his opportunities for granted)

-They always say the same shit

* They didnt train and were naturally gifted
* On their best day they once competed with a legit champion on their worst day (they never shut up about that one)
* There was always someone better off than them that they hate till this day - even if that person was more dedicated and had a proper pro career

Whaaaaaat fast people never do that!

I never talk about how I’ve raced against mookie and several other big names back in the day when I’m drunk...😅

|

11/12/2020 10:14 AM

Sunhouse wrote:

Why did Charboneau quit mx so quickly after going pro?

The short version he gave in the instagram comments on a post was that he was supposed to be an amateur one more year. But because Malcolm Stewart didn't want to race outdoors after winning his 250E title Tristan got called up to line up for hang town with not a lot of notice. He talked about the Christian Craig stuff and then a couple rounds in he got hurt. He made it sound like they led him on about resigning him and then dropped him for Jeremy Martin.

This was before the rule was implemented about being able to go back to amateurs if you don't score enough points.

He said it turned him off to the whole moto industry.

Again, this is just what he wrote on instagram. There are two sides to every story. I'm sure the podcast does have a ton more info.

|

11/12/2020 10:23 AM

If everything always smell like shit - Charboneau should check under his own boots.


That podcast guy leading the interview is also a sad excuse for a human, Dangling of Charboneaus nuts whenever he could like an excited little fan boy who just met his idle.

Im sure I could hear him wacking it when he was wanting a Geico jersey.

|

Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting


11/12/2020 10:27 AM

Sunhouse wrote:

Why did Charboneau quit mx so quickly after going pro?

robotsfrom wrote:

The short version he gave in the instagram comments on a post was that he was supposed to be an amateur one more year. But because Malcolm Stewart didn't want to race outdoors after winning his 250E title Tristan got called up to line up for hang town with not a lot of notice. He talked about the Christian Craig stuff and then a couple rounds in he got hurt. He made it sound like they led him on about resigning him and then dropped him for Jeremy Martin.

This was before the rule was implemented about being able to go back to amateurs if you don't score enough points.

He said it turned him off to the whole moto industry.

Again, this is just what he wrote on instagram. There are two sides to every story. I'm sure the podcast does have a ton more info.

He went to run emx250 series but didnt put work in. After that he got even less options.

|

11/12/2020 10:32 AM

robotsfrom wrote:

The short version he gave in the instagram comments on a post was that he was supposed to be an amateur one more year. But because Malcolm Stewart didn't want to race outdoors after winning his 250E title Tristan got called up to line up for hang town with not a lot of notice. He talked about the Christian Craig stuff and then a couple rounds in he got hurt. He made it sound like they led him on about resigning him and then dropped him for Jeremy Martin.

This was before the rule was implemented about being able to go back to amateurs if you don't score enough points.

He said it turned him off to the whole moto industry.

Again, this is just what he wrote on instagram. There are two sides to every story. I'm sure the podcast does have a ton more info.

Thanks for the good reply.
If that is what he said then this doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

|

11/12/2020 10:34 AM

tek14 wrote:

He went to run emx250 series but didnt put work in. After that he got even less options.

This all sounds very odd. I will have to listen to the podcast first I think🤷🏻‍♂️

|

11/12/2020 10:44 AM

After listening to the podcast it’s sounds like he didn’t put enough effort in.. He then went on to complain about pretty much everything during his time in Europe (team, bikes, riding emx and not mx2)

|

11/12/2020 11:52 AM

Ray_MXS wrote:

I'm assuming you didn't watch the 450 nationals this year.

I don't understand why people who aren't fans of this sport even hangs out here.

RonJon wrote:

I watched the nationals. One moto podium in a depleted field. I don't understand why people and the industry gargle this kids nuts.

agn5009 wrote:

I don’t understand why people like you bash anyone capable of making mains, much less top 10’s.

The truth hurts. Craig is overrated.

|

11/12/2020 12:31 PM

“I’m holding my breath on whether or not he’s going to perform on a 450” (referring to sexton) give me a break buddy lol. One of the more ridiculous things I heard. Just swept all his outdoor results under the rug. This is where they really lost me.

Kinda weird pod. Dude sounds like he has a hard on for the guy the whole time. Makes it pretty awkward. The whole Paige Craig downing fireball which kids running around screaming did make me lol pretty good though. Did sound like geico canned him too soon, but hearing about the amount of work he put in doesn’t make me feel sorry for him at all though.

|