Big 5 plan of attack in 2012 ( game plan)

MXR
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:53am
With the 2011 season so close in points and with at least five guys who can win , what should they do next season ? Ride conservative and try to be consistent ? Hang it out , press hard for as many wins as possible early and try and get a little points cushion . One or two bad races can throw a season away as we seen with Reeds big crash , Dungey's DNF / DNS . RV even missed a SX main event . It will be interesting to see what happens early in 2012 .

In my opinion

RV is the guy to beat . He will be at A-1 looking to hit a home run . I can see him busting out some big wins early with the way he is riding now . I think he will have a stronger season next year and defend both titles .

James just needs to keep it on two wheels . Time is running out .

Dungey better get more aggressive or he won't see another championship .

Reed will get that fire back and will go at with RV and JS

Trey will be hungry as ever . I think it will take him a few races to get back to speed . He needs to keep it on two wheels as well .

I just don't see who else could win a 450 race with these guys racing and raising the bar to another level as the sport evolves .
|
EvanR127
10/23/2011 12:22pm
RV needs to make every main event....

JS needs to tune it down and be more consistent

CR doing great like usual, consistent yet agressive

RD needs to just go for it

TC needs to not get injuried
motosmith
10/23/2011 12:34pm
If Stewart learned to slow down nobody could touch him. He checks out and gets a full straight away lead but continues to ride over his head. Once he gets a lead he needs to settle into a pace that's controllable.
Spuds
10/23/2011 12:35pm
MXR wrote:
With the 2011 season so close in points and with at least five guys who can win , what should they do next season ? Ride...
With the 2011 season so close in points and with at least five guys who can win , what should they do next season ? Ride conservative and try to be consistent ? Hang it out , press hard for as many wins as possible early and try and get a little points cushion . One or two bad races can throw a season away as we seen with Reeds big crash , Dungey's DNF / DNS . RV even missed a SX main event . It will be interesting to see what happens early in 2012 .

In my opinion

RV is the guy to beat . He will be at A-1 looking to hit a home run . I can see him busting out some big wins early with the way he is riding now . I think he will have a stronger season next year and defend both titles .

James just needs to keep it on two wheels . Time is running out .

Dungey better get more aggressive or he won't see another championship .

Reed will get that fire back and will go at with RV and JS

Trey will be hungry as ever . I think it will take him a few races to get back to speed . He needs to keep it on two wheels as well .

I just don't see who else could win a 450 race with these guys racing and raising the bar to another level as the sport evolves .
Agreed. This could be a GREAT 2012 season! I can't wait!
MXR
10/23/2011 12:42pm
I think we will see better/ closer racing up front in 2012

The Shop

The Universe
10/23/2011 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 10/23/2011 12:48pm
RV: Needs to just do what he did last year on the bike but. While everyone loves to point out how great RV did after getting on the 2012 bike, I'd like to point out that it also came after a 3 week break. I'm an RV fan, and I'll say his physical appearance looked rough between the SX and MX seasons. Baker is a professional and whatever happened this year won't happen next year. RV will be a step function better next year, and that is scary.

JS: Needs to ride his own race. Kill it when he can. I hope to see if can still have those soul crushing rides with this new crop of guys. As far as game plan, I think it's more bike setup than anything for him. It seemed like they started chasing things last year in the wrong direction. Hopefully Tim Ferry is part of the JGR team next year.

CR: It will be interesting to see which CR shows up? If it's CR on a factory Honda with all the confidence from before the crash he could be the favorite this year. I hope he has a good off season to reconnect and pick up where he left off killing it.

RD: Without mechanicals he would have two titles. Much of RD's success lies in the hands of DeCoster. If anyone can get a new bike to perform at that level and not break down, it's DeCoster. If Dungey works on anything this off season it needs to be stuffing passes when he needs to.

TC: Much like RV the last few years, TC needs to just stay healthy the whole season.

JH: I want to get in on the Josh Hill nut swinging early. Before his ribs a few years ago, he was the man and in control of the series. Unfortunately he hasn't been on the bike much but he had some serious speed and next year he's going to be on a very good bike. I can see him mixing up with folks on bottom of list.
2k1banshee350
10/23/2011 12:57pm
[b]RV: [/b]Needs to just do what he did last year on the bike but. While everyone loves to point out how great RV did after getting...
RV: Needs to just do what he did last year on the bike but. While everyone loves to point out how great RV did after getting on the 2012 bike, I'd like to point out that it also came after a 3 week break. I'm an RV fan, and I'll say his physical appearance looked rough between the SX and MX seasons. Baker is a professional and whatever happened this year won't happen next year. RV will be a step function better next year, and that is scary.

JS: Needs to ride his own race. Kill it when he can. I hope to see if can still have those soul crushing rides with this new crop of guys. As far as game plan, I think it's more bike setup than anything for him. It seemed like they started chasing things last year in the wrong direction. Hopefully Tim Ferry is part of the JGR team next year.

CR: It will be interesting to see which CR shows up? If it's CR on a factory Honda with all the confidence from before the crash he could be the favorite this year. I hope he has a good off season to reconnect and pick up where he left off killing it.

RD: Without mechanicals he would have two titles. Much of RD's success lies in the hands of DeCoster. If anyone can get a new bike to perform at that level and not break down, it's DeCoster. If Dungey works on anything this off season it needs to be stuffing passes when he needs to.

TC: Much like RV the last few years, TC needs to just stay healthy the whole season.

JH: I want to get in on the Josh Hill nut swinging early. Before his ribs a few years ago, he was the man and in control of the series. Unfortunately he hasn't been on the bike much but he had some serious speed and next year he's going to be on a very good bike. I can see him mixing up with folks on bottom of list.
josh hill was in control??? when? ur an rv fan but think he didnt earn his titles? im so sick of that, especially seeing as dungey derailed his own chain in sx and only got 1 win... yeah he was the best last year...
MXR
10/23/2011 1:01pm
I would love to see Josh Hill get back up there . I'm sure he can't do the normal type of training with his leg . There are other ways to get in shape and it sounds like he really wants get back out there . Huge props to H&H for backing him and giving a second chance . I was so bummed about the freestyle accident .
mom241
10/23/2011 1:03pm
Ferry's not with Stewart next season :-)
MXR
10/23/2011 1:06pm
mom241 wrote:
Ferry's not with Stewart next season :-)
Mom 241 can you give us an update on Trey ?
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
10/23/2011 1:08pm Edited Date/Time 10/23/2011 1:11pm
josh hill was in control??? when? ur an rv fan but think he didnt earn his titles? im so sick of that, especially seeing as dungey...
josh hill was in control??? when? ur an rv fan but think he didnt earn his titles? im so sick of that, especially seeing as dungey derailed his own chain in sx and only got 1 win... yeah he was the best last year...
I think he may have confused Hill with Grant. Unsure
In 2009...Grant was in control of the series after only the first 2 rounds...Reed took the points lead after A2 (Rnd3).

Hill did however win a SX back in 2008 in the later part of the season and also got 3 other podiums that year ,but he wasn't in control of the series.
EvanR127
10/23/2011 1:18pm
Dude it was in 2010 right?(the year CR/JS out) Hill had like four straight second places and had or was tried for the championship before his rib injury. He crashed backfliping I believe during the sx to mx break and missed the whole 2011 year.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
10/23/2011 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 10/23/2011 1:29pm
EvanR127 wrote:
Dude it was in 2010 right?(the year CR/JS out) Hill had like four straight second places and had or was tried for the championship before his...
Dude it was in 2010 right?(the year CR/JS out) Hill had like four straight second places and had or was tried for the championship before his rib injury. He crashed backfliping I believe during the sx to mx break and missed the whole 2011 year.
There was a round that Hill & RD were tied at in points in 2010,RV was 3 points behind them.
But I wouldn't consider being tied ...as being in control of the series esp. when tie breakers are decided by wins (Dungey had already won a couple races). RV was just right behind them and took over the lead of the points the next weekend in INDY.
The Universe
10/23/2011 1:31pm
josh hill was in control??? when? ur an rv fan but think he didnt earn his titles? im so sick of that, especially seeing as dungey...
Whoa easy there quad-tard. Maybe control was a strong word.

Where did I say RV didn't earn titles? I stated a fact: without the mechanical DNFs Dungey would have won. Where did I say RV didn't earn his title? Judging from your spelling and location you probably spend more time on top your mom than actually reading what people write.
10/23/2011 1:49pm
I'll have to disagree with people saying bubba needs to back it down. It's his style, and personally he's gonna need to be on it to keep RV from walking away with it. Rider like poto will take this momentum and be unstoppable. Stewart just needs to figure out his bike
2k1banshee350
10/23/2011 1:56pm
Whoa easy there quad-tard. Maybe control was a strong word. [img]https://i.imgur.com/088tl.png[/img] Where did I say RV didn't earn titles? I stated a fact: without the mechanical...

Where did I say RV didn't earn titles? I stated a fact: without the mechanical DNFs Dungey would have won. Where did I say RV didn't earn his title? Judging from your spelling and location you probably spend more time on top your mom than actually reading what people write.
oh how mature you are insulting a whole state. fuck you. my spelling is just fine i dont know what you're seeing. and what dont you understand about dungey's chain being derailed? it was his own fault for making contact with another rider. villopoto got taken out by a guy who bumped his kill switch in mid air and missed the main. did we forget that one. now go fuck yourself
kongols
10/23/2011 2:00pm
This is awesome. I love RV fans.
The Universe
10/23/2011 2:17pm
oh how mature you are insulting a whole state. fuck you. my spelling is just fine i dont know what you're seeing. and what dont you...
oh how mature you are insulting a whole state. fuck you. my spelling is just fine i dont know what you're seeing. and what dont you understand about dungey's chain being derailed? it was his own fault for making contact with another rider. villopoto got taken out by a guy who bumped his kill switch in mid air and missed the main. did we forget that one. now go fuck yourself
How cute, another 25 year old living in his mom. I mean with.
2k1banshee350
10/23/2011 2:28pm
oh how mature you are insulting a whole state. fuck you. my spelling is just fine i dont know what you're seeing. and what dont you...
How cute, another 25 year old living in his mom. I mean with.
and im the one that should be banned?
10/23/2011 3:40pm
It would be miraculous if anyone got 8-10 wins in SX this year, but at this point Villopoto's gotta be the favorite to pull off something like that. Bike, program and rider are all so solid right now it's hard to put your money anywhere else.

Dungey can't just be as fast as he was on the Suzuki. He has to be faster, because that's what RV will be. It's possible he'll step up the pace, but I wouldn't put too much money on it. Sad

Stewart will likely have the same speed he always has, which will still be enough to keep pace with RV if not gap him regularly. But if his consistency doesn't improve on his new team, he won't be racking up the wins as he should, and most will go to RV.

Reed's Millville crash did a number on him mentally, but SX is a different game, one that Chad plays very well. If he's back on the Honda he should be plenty comfortable, and have the consistency that he (sort of) lacked in 2011. Not too likely he'll be carrying in any extra speed, though, which he'll need to deal with RV.

Canard is one of the "wilder" wild cards, I think. He was faster than Dungey last year if not quite as fit, and his consistency was getting better as the year progressed. That was a long time ago, though, so we'll see. The good news for Canard is, I (and probably many others) didn't foresee Villopoto taking his '10 speed into '11 after his injury, but he arrived at A1 faster and more determined than ever.

So maybe the guy who said RV would get 10 wins this year wasn't THAT out of his mind. If the other 4 don't pull it together in the next two months, SX just might be a jog for Villopoto. Unlikely but possible. Sideways

Can't wait for the new season!
Sherwood
10/23/2011 3:47pm
Whoa easy there quad-tard. Maybe control was a strong word. [img]https://i.imgur.com/088tl.png[/img] Where did I say RV didn't earn titles? I stated a fact: without the mechanical...

And IF Stewart didn't crash he'd have won... The if arguments a dumb one because everyone starts on the same gate.
2k1banshee350
10/23/2011 3:52pm
i agree, this IF thing is ridiculous. they all had problems this year. some were there own fault... move on already. i think the one to be watching for this year is canard... i think he was getting as fast as rv and stew before he crashed out
Sherwood
10/23/2011 4:13pm
Some people get a hard on for the entire,"it's just the rider, on the track all alone" idea and don't want to realize it takes a TEAM.
2k1banshee350
10/23/2011 4:15pm
Sherwood wrote:
Some people get a hard on for the entire,"it's just the rider, on the track all alone" idea and don't want to realize it takes a...
Some people get a hard on for the entire,"it's just the rider, on the track all alone" idea and don't want to realize it takes a TEAM.
well in that case dungey failed his team. he derailed his own chain in sx and he ran his bike dry when he had a huge lead but kept going WFO in texas
bullpen58
10/23/2011 4:17pm
Here is my opinion:

1.) James Stewart: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride faster than most others most of the time, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

2.) RV: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

3.) RD: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

4.) TC: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

5.) Josh Grant: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

6.) Andrew Short: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

7.) Mike Alessi: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

8.) Jason Lawrence: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

9.) Christophe Pourcel: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

10.) Bob Hannah: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.
10/23/2011 4:22pm
bullpen58 wrote:
Here is my opinion: 1.) James Stewart: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride faster than most others most of the time, get...
Here is my opinion:

1.) James Stewart: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride faster than most others most of the time, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

2.) RV: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

3.) RD: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

4.) TC: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

5.) Josh Grant: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

6.) Andrew Short: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

7.) Mike Alessi: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

8.) Jason Lawrence: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

9.) Christophe Pourcel: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.

10.) Bob Hannah: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures.
Hmmm, this seems spot on other than the part where they need to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures. Maybe touch it up a bit and re-post Tongue
bullpen58
10/23/2011 4:33pm
bullpen58 wrote:
Here is my opinion: 1.) James Stewart: Needs to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride faster than most others most of the time, get...
Here is my opinion:

Hmmm, this seems spot on other than the part where they need to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean...
Hmmm, this seems spot on other than the part where they need to stay injury-free, get good starts, ride consistently, ride fast, get through lappers clean, and avoid mechanical failures. Maybe touch it up a bit and re-post Tongue
My post is about as meaningless and useless as this entire thread is. Everyone is speculating about how so-and-so needs this and so-and-so needs that.....Jesus! They all need the same things (which I summarized here).
10/23/2011 4:39pm
bullpen58 wrote:
My post is about as meaningless and useless as this entire thread is. Everyone is speculating about how so-and-so needs this and so-and-so needs that.....Jesus! They...
My post is about as meaningless and useless as this entire thread is. Everyone is speculating about how so-and-so needs this and so-and-so needs that.....Jesus! They all need the same things (which I summarized here).
Guess I need to up the transparency in my sarcasm game. I agree with you completely.

I do take issue with #3 though. He's gonna wreak havoc on the series no matter what happens! Look out competition, RD is about to make it look easy. (/sarcasm)
bullpen58
10/23/2011 4:41pm
bullpen58 wrote:
My post is about as meaningless and useless as this entire thread is. Everyone is speculating about how so-and-so needs this and so-and-so needs that.....Jesus! They...
Guess I need to up the transparency in my sarcasm game. I agree with you completely. I do take issue with #3 though. He's gonna wreak...
Guess I need to up the transparency in my sarcasm game. I agree with you completely.

I do take issue with #3 though. He's gonna wreak havoc on the series no matter what happens! Look out competition, RD is about to make it look easy. (/sarcasm)
Naaaah, I was not taking your post seriously. You put the little facey on there. haha. I hope I didn't seem all serious (FAR from it).
Spergen
10/23/2011 4:50pm
motosmith wrote:
If Stewart learned to slow down nobody could touch him. He checks out and gets a full straight away lead but continues to ride over his...
If Stewart learned to slow down nobody could touch him. He checks out and gets a full straight away lead but continues to ride over his head. Once he gets a lead he needs to settle into a pace that's controllable.
Exactly, you don't win a championship in 1 race. Someone needs to tell him its ok to finish 2nd now and again !
10/23/2011 4:53pm
I remember you starting a thread wondering which mechanic had the nicest eyes in moto. From that day, I knew you were a super serious person.

Post a reply to: Big 5 plan of attack in 2012 ( game plan)

The Latest