Beta to Enter AMA MX Nationals in 2022!

Johnny Depp
Edited Date/Time 2/19/2021 12:24pm
MXA drops a BOMB! It's a short mention at the end of the video, But Mossiman mentions Beta USA told him they are going racing with a semi and team next year! Sorry no more info, but that's a BIG one.

|
Johnny Depp
1/13/2021 9:29pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Who will be the MastaBeta rider over here?
I'm keeping my phone charged...don't want to miss a call Woohoo

Seriously though, it's a year and a half away so who knows right? The great news is that Beta will be producing a 4t production MX bike!
1/14/2021 4:08am
Assuming this is to promote the brand to increase sales, I wonder why they would start with AMA Motocross in the US rather than Supercross, since exponentially more eyeball are on AMA Supercross than AMA Motocross. Additionally, if they are already racing the GPs in Europe, one would think that from an R&D standpoint, they would have more to gain from racing Supercross.

The Shop

FerCzD
1/14/2021 5:27am
Assuming this is to promote the brand to increase sales, I wonder why they would start with AMA Motocross in the US rather than Supercross, since...
Assuming this is to promote the brand to increase sales, I wonder why they would start with AMA Motocross in the US rather than Supercross, since exponentially more eyeball are on AMA Supercross than AMA Motocross. Additionally, if they are already racing the GPs in Europe, one would think that from an R&D standpoint, they would have more to gain from racing Supercross.
Maybe because despite having more eyeballs in SX, Motocross is where the real consumers of the sport are, hardcore Motofans, weekend warriors, etc?
APLMAN99
1/14/2021 5:50am
Assuming this is to promote the brand to increase sales, I wonder why they would start with AMA Motocross in the US rather than Supercross, since...
It’s far easier to make the 40 man field at a National than to make the main at a Supercross.......

Probably easier to work out bike development issues initially in MX than SX as well.

Just guessing, though.

1/14/2021 6:49am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2021 6:51am
Can they import/sell enough of a 450 mx model to meet the homologation requirements?
bayodome
Fantasy
4282nd
1/14/2021 6:53am
Can they import/sell enough of a 450 mx model to meet the homologation requirements?
They will have to. Simple as that. 400 units I believe must be available to the public per model. Seems like achievable goal with a preexisting dealer network.
Johnny Depp
1/14/2021 7:12am
Bike development from the MXGP season will result in a production model, the timing is off for SX, I'd assume. It's also possible that the homologation rules get modified or reduced by then?

Personally I'd like to see them talking to Bobby Hewitt...
LungButter
1/14/2021 7:14am
Won't they also get a 1 year "works bike" exemption?
1/14/2021 7:28am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2021 7:29am
LungButter wrote:
Won't they also get a 1 year "works bike" exemption?
According to this MXA article on Gas Gas entering US racing, the exemption was phased out years ago.
Skerby
1/14/2021 7:34am
Lot of trouble to go to just for KTM to buy them out.
LungButter
1/14/2021 7:35am
According to this MXA article on Gas Gas entering US racing, the exemption was phased out years ago.
Gotcha, I personally don't think they'll have a problem selling 400 units, especially if it's a weight savings over the current offerings quite a few Off Road guys will probably buy them too.
Tuna
1/14/2021 7:52am
Skerby wrote:
Lot of trouble to go to just for KTM to buy them out.
I doubt that will happen, they are an independent family owned company with very strong finances.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
1/14/2021 7:57am
MXA drops a BOMB! It's a short mention at the end of the video, But Mossiman mentions Beta USA told him they are going racing with...
MXA drops a BOMB! It's a short mention at the end of the video, But Mossiman mentions Beta USA told him they are going racing with a semi and team next year! Sorry no more info, but that's a BIG one.

Great news if they do indeed decide to compete next year. Another team = more rides. A bonus for everyone.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
1/14/2021 7:59am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2021 8:00am
LungButter wrote:
Gotcha, I personally don't think they'll have a problem selling 400 units, especially if it's a weight savings over the current offerings quite a few Off...
Gotcha, I personally don't think they'll have a problem selling 400 units, especially if it's a weight savings over the current offerings quite a few Off Road guys will probably buy them too.
Maybe the AMA or whoever makes the rules throws them a dispensation. I think Yamaha and D. Henry got one when they were developing the 400 machine back in the day.
dbx33
1/14/2021 8:24am
we knew that like 2 weeks ago.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
1/14/2021 8:34am
LungButter wrote:
Gotcha, I personally don't think they'll have a problem selling 400 units, especially if it's a weight savings over the current offerings quite a few Off...
Boomslang wrote:
Maybe the AMA or whoever makes the rules throws them a dispensation. I think Yamaha and D. Henry got one when they were developing the 400...
Maybe the AMA or whoever makes the rules throws them a dispensation. I think Yamaha and D. Henry got one when they were developing the 400 machine back in the day.
That was in the '90s, when the works exemption rule was in effect.

Even more importantly, though... does the Latin text in your signature mean, "I don't like the year of the rat?" Or is it, "I don't like rodents in my ass?" GrinningGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning
Sorry dude, I guess I should check it on translate...
Bluelion
1/14/2021 8:39am
they don't have to sell the bikes. just produce and import and make available the bike to the public.
Johnny Depp
1/14/2021 8:52am
Most of you apparently missed a recent conversation on Vital, between DC and myself regarding homologation rules.
He agrees that 400 is excessive, and that having boutique manufacturer's would be good. It's a start.
LungButter
1/14/2021 8:56am
Most of you apparently missed a recent conversation on Vital, between DC and myself regarding homologation rules. He agrees that 400 is excessive, and that having...
Most of you apparently missed a recent conversation on Vital, between DC and myself regarding homologation rules.
He agrees that 400 is excessive, and that having boutique manufacturer's would be good. It's a start.
Doesn't make a difference to me either way, but how the hell can a company have the budget to compete in one of (if not the) most competitive MX series on the planet and not be able to sell 400 bikes?
Johnny Depp
1/14/2021 9:16am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2021 9:20am
Most of you apparently missed a recent conversation on Vital, between DC and myself regarding homologation rules. He agrees that 400 is excessive, and that having...
LungButter wrote:
Doesn't make a difference to me either way, but how the hell can a company have the budget to compete in one of (if not the)...
Doesn't make a difference to me either way, but how the hell can a company have the budget to compete in one of (if not the) most competitive MX series on the planet and not be able to sell 400 bikes?
That rule is from 1988, and MX bike sales are a fraction of what they were then. Suzuki and Honda are both suspect on that number going into the SX season.

IMO it is counter productive to discriminate against the small guys like TM, Sherco and Beta. Fans would love more brands and rider's would love more rides. Dungey couldn't even find a ride this year and he was fishing for one, and Baggett and Hill are without a ride.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
1/14/2021 9:19am
LungButter wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Maybe the AMA or whoever makes the rules throws them a dispensation. I think Yamaha and D. Henry got one when they were developing the 400...
Falcon wrote:
That was in the '90s, when the works exemption rule was in effect. Even more importantly, though... does the Latin text in your signature mean, "I...
That was in the '90s, when the works exemption rule was in effect.

Even more importantly, though... does the Latin text in your signature mean, "I don't like the year of the rat?" Or is it, "I don't like rodents in my ass?" GrinningGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning
Sorry dude, I guess I should check it on translate...
Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

(Latin) Literally "Not Worth a Rat's Ass," the slogan of the Tunnel Rats, who were either U.S. Army combat engineers or infantrymen of small stature who cleared the extensive tunnel network of the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War.

Tuna
1/14/2021 9:22am
At least the teams safety wire most of their parts in AMA😂
Mark Hite
1/14/2021 8:41pm
LungButter wrote:
Doesn't make a difference to me either way, but how the hell can a company have the budget to compete in one of (if not the)...
That rule is from 1988, and MX bike sales are a fraction of what they were then. Suzuki and Honda are both suspect on that number...
That rule is from 1988, and MX bike sales are a fraction of what they were then. Suzuki and Honda are both suspect on that number going into the SX season.

IMO it is counter productive to discriminate against the small guys like TM, Sherco and Beta. Fans would love more brands and rider's would love more rides. Dungey couldn't even find a ride this year and he was fishing for one, and Baggett and Hill are without a ride.
I think bringing back works bikes especially for the nationals would be great. It might even entice Suzuki to put something interesting together. In spite of what everyone thinks, people want choices, I just got my 300RX and there was a constant line of people asking questions and checking it out at the track. I look forward to rooting for whoever Beta hires in the future, when you look at the effort required to compete at this level, it's obvious, they're commented. I am commented too, I am clearing space for a new 450RX as I type, exciting times that's for sure
Ted722
1/14/2021 9:01pm
Beta in MXGP and AMA Nationals is good for the sport. Period. Good on them for on moving the needle on their successful off-road brand.

Post a reply to: Beta to Enter AMA MX Nationals in 2022!

The Latest