Beta or Gas Gas

RCB33
Fantasy
139th
7/14/2019 6:08am
RCB33 wrote:
After much deliberation, we got a great deal on a KTM 150 xc-w from Freedom Cycle, haven't got to ride it yet but I'm so excited...
After much deliberation, we got a great deal on a KTM 150 xc-w from Freedom Cycle, haven't got to ride it yet but I'm so excited! Thanks again to everyone who weighted in and offered their .02, it's much appreciated!

Spooner wrote:
Are you going to break it in today at the FMHSC race?
Yup, on the way now!
Spooner
7/14/2019 6:12am
RCB33 wrote:
Yup, on the way now!
Bitchin, see you there!
Spooner
7/14/2019 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 7/14/2019 3:50pm
Well what do you think of your decision after the race? Hope it came back home as pretty as it started, orrick can be rough on bikes (and bodies lol)
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
7/14/2019 4:42pm
Spooner wrote:
Well what do you think of your decision after the race? Hope it came back home as pretty as it started, orrick can be rough on...
Well what do you think of your decision after the race? Hope it came back home as pretty as it started, orrick can be rough on bikes (and bodies lol)
Well, it honestly has more power across the range than I expected. The Rocky technical stuff wasn't near as tough to be competitive on as I anticipated. I believe we actually practiced starts before the race at the same time. The bike was great, the rider may have been a tad lacking though😂(smashed into one of the haybales right before the woods after you go past the house trying to pass for first, definitely not the best first mile of a race ever). Regardless of the mistakes made learning the bike, I matched my top finish and didn't have near the armpump I'm used to. I cannot stress how nimble the bike is enough. The suspension obviously wasn't totally dialed but KTM's motto of "Ready to Race" definitely held true. It is a confidence inspiring bike to say the least. My buddy who was in the same class was shocked I was pulling him down that start straight on his 250xc. With a light rider, heavy throttle hand, and good reaction time with shifting, it definitely is a competitive woods racer. I'm definitely looking forward to trying it on the more flowy tracks like Melvern, after the race, my parents and I were all smiling because it was a clear difference in my confidence in a bike. I'm definitely looking forward to many more races on it! Hope you had a good race too!

RCB33

The Shop

Spooner
7/15/2019 5:34am
Sounds good! The steep hills with little run up would definitely be a good test for the power there, this is the toughest course for that in the series. I wish they made a 200xc personally, not sure a 150 would be enough grunt for me.

What was your number? I had a pretty good race, ended up 2nd. I got the holeshot and then some idiot was crossing the course before you go into the woods trying to make it to the line and t-boned me. I guess my momentum is what saved me because somehow I didn’t go down but I heard the guy went tumbling prettily good.
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
7/15/2019 7:28am
Spooner wrote:
Sounds good! The steep hills with little run up would definitely be a good test for the power there, this is the toughest course for that...
Sounds good! The steep hills with little run up would definitely be a good test for the power there, this is the toughest course for that in the series. I wish they made a 200xc personally, not sure a 150 would be enough grunt for me.

What was your number? I had a pretty good race, ended up 2nd. I got the holeshot and then some idiot was crossing the course before you go into the woods trying to make it to the line and t-boned me. I guess my momentum is what saved me because somehow I didn’t go down but I heard the guy went tumbling prettily good.
833, I had temp numbers obviously. If you see me at Collins, holler at me, that’s going to be another tough test of the 150 I imagine.

Post a reply to: Beta or Gas Gas

The Latest