Beta 430 Motocross Bike

cooke58
5/27/2020 6:26am Edited Date/Time 6/1/2020 7:16am
Cobequid mountain sports and beta had an idea to build a 430 moto bike,turned out to be quite a weapon.
Felt comfortable in 10 mins,and it was easily as good as my 2020 kxf 450.

|
Tuna
5/27/2020 6:50am
Make sure to tell Randy that😂
Was it a race edition? Just wondering what fork Joe did for you.
Now you need to time both bikes back to back. I just can’t imagine you can spin laps as fast on the Beta as the KX, especially considering you’ve been a KX guy for a long time.
Put Tdags on the Kawi and have a little fun run.
Johnny Depp
5/27/2020 6:54am
I suspect in the next week we will be seeing the Factory version. No reason to believe they can't be competitive.
Tuna
5/27/2020 7:11am
I suspect in the next week we will be seeing the Factory version. No reason to believe they can't be competitive.
Uh, maybe the 10hp deficit the Beta has??

The Shop

cooke58
5/27/2020 7:18am
Tuna wrote:
PR2 has this one making 67hp
Tuna
5/27/2020 7:22am Edited Date/Time 5/27/2020 7:24am
Tuna wrote:
cooke58 wrote:
Yeah but PR2 is not doing the stock motors are they? No doubt the motor can make power but at this point it’s all speculation about Beta releasing an MX specific bike. Were you running that motor with a track kit?
cooke58
5/27/2020 7:27am
Tuna wrote:
cooke58 wrote:
Tuna wrote:
Yeah but PR2 is not doing the stock motors are they? No doubt the motor can make power but at this point it’s all speculation about...
Yeah but PR2 is not doing the stock motors are they? No doubt the motor can make power but at this point it’s all speculation about Beta releasing an MX specific bike. Were you running that motor with a track kit?
Yeah you're right,i have heard rumors of a moto bike but nothing confirmed.
First time riding the bike was last weekend,so no snow bike yet.
Tuna
5/27/2020 7:38am
cooke58 wrote:
Tuna wrote:
Yeah but PR2 is not doing the stock motors are they? No doubt the motor can make power but at this point it’s all speculation about...
cooke58 wrote:
Cool, nice build Mitch. Did you get out on CMS’s new track?
cooke58
5/27/2020 7:42am
Tuna wrote:
cooke58 wrote:
Tuna wrote:
Cool, nice build Mitch. Did you get out on CMS’s new track?
I went and tested the jumps,track should hopefully completed by this weekend!
Johnny Depp
5/27/2020 7:55am
My totally stock street legal ‘15 500 (480) RS is always up front on the starts carrying my 215 lbs against all kinds of MX bikes. No shortage of power.

Falcon
Fantasy
765th
5/27/2020 8:15am
That's cool to show up on a street-legal bike and beat guys at moto. Do you honk your horn in tight corners? I totally would. I'd use the blinkers too, just to screw with people.
I'm surprised they let you run the kickstand, though.
Mr. Afterbar
5/27/2020 9:41am
Falcon wrote:
That's cool to show up on a street-legal bike and beat guys at moto. Do you honk your horn in tight corners? I totally would. I'd...
That's cool to show up on a street-legal bike and beat guys at moto. Do you honk your horn in tight corners? I totally would. I'd use the blinkers too, just to screw with people.
Funny story. 3x Arenacross champion Chad Johnson broke his 450 this past weekend on Saturday. He busted out the credit card and had his parents go out and pick up a street legal KTM that he raced on Sunday in +30A. Not sure of the exact model. Pretty sure he won on it also.
Johnny Depp
5/27/2020 10:33am
Falcon wrote:
That's cool to show up on a street-legal bike and beat guys at moto. Do you honk your horn in tight corners? I totally would. I'd...
Most don’t notice until I bonk the horn on the line. People get freaked about weight, most of the time I forget to take out my tool kit. 130 hours and never checked the valves even, the engine is a beast!
Tuna
5/28/2020 5:01am
Hey Mitch, I hear the Beta is 12lbs lighter than your KX450, is that correct?
swvaripper
5/28/2020 5:52am
No experience with a 430 but my dads 390 race is just as fast as my 19 kx450 in a straight drag, it will pull on it if it gets traction which it does better than the kx. Way easier to ride and ride faster. Handles better in every way too.
5/28/2020 6:02am
While I can appreciate the athlete’s ability in the video and the effort that went into the build, I’m curious as to why someone would bother to take a top tier $11,000 trail bike and spend more money to turn it into a slow motocross bike.
Tuna
5/28/2020 6:16am
While I can appreciate the athlete’s ability in the video and the effort that went into the build, I’m curious as to why someone would bother...
While I can appreciate the athlete’s ability in the video and the effort that went into the build, I’m curious as to why someone would bother to take a top tier $11,000 trail bike and spend more money to turn it into a slow motocross bike.
Mitch is a well known CDN pro MX’er that also competes in snow cross. Beta and one of the local dealers wanted to showcase a project bike and show some possibilities of what it could do.
Tuna
5/28/2020 6:19am
swvaripper wrote:
No experience with a 430 but my dads 390 race is just as fast as my 19 kx450 in a straight drag, it will pull on...
No experience with a 430 but my dads 390 race is just as fast as my 19 kx450 in a straight drag, it will pull on it if it gets traction which it does better than the kx. Way easier to ride and ride faster. Handles better in every way too.
Not to sound like a dick but someone needs to work on starts and riding technique if your 390 is pulling on a KX450. The KX is making easily more than 10hp over the 390. The 2020 350 just pulls on my YZ250FX in a drag/start.
Johnny Depp
5/28/2020 6:49am
swvaripper explained it well, hooking up vs. spinning. Torque and rideability which the Beta has always had in spades.

In the Off Road shootout, the same bike that is featured here had better HP and Torque than all but the TM.More than Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki. Not sure where you are coming up with this HP shortage?

Johnny Depp
5/28/2020 6:54am
While I can appreciate the athlete’s ability in the video and the effort that went into the build, I’m curious as to why someone would bother...

"to turn it into a fast motocross bike." Fixed it for you. Did you read what he said?
Tuna
5/28/2020 7:34am
swvaripper explained it well, hooking up vs. spinning. Torque and rideability which the Beta has always had in spades. In the Off Road shootout, the same...
swvaripper explained it well, hooking up vs. spinning. Torque and rideability which the Beta has always had in spades.

In the Off Road shootout, the same bike that is featured here had better HP and Torque than all but the TM.More than Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki. Not sure where you are coming up with this HP shortage?

Based on seeing what they make on the dyno Johnny, also the fact I get to ride all of them a lot and compare them to other bikes. I know you love Betas but don’t let all that blind devotion get in the way of reality.
You are dreaming if you think a 390 is gonna walk a new KX450. Put a guy who can ride that bike up against that 390 again and see what happens. Do a roll from 2nd or 3rd and see what happens. 😂 you are too much sometimes.
Tuna
5/28/2020 7:37am
swvaripper explained it well, hooking up vs. spinning. Torque and rideability which the Beta has always had in spades. In the Off Road shootout, the same...

Jesus Johnny, stop comparing the Beta to a bunch of corked up low power Japanese trail bikes.
We are talking about a KX450 here. I have seen at least a few dyno sheets showing the KX up 8 to 10hp. Just ride them, it’s pretty obvious.
Johnny Depp
5/28/2020 7:48am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2020 8:44am

Tuna wrote:
Based on seeing what they make on the dyno Johnny, also the fact I get to ride all of them a lot and compare them to...
Based on seeing what they make on the dyno Johnny, also the fact I get to ride all of them a lot and compare them to other bikes. I know you love Betas but don’t let all that blind devotion get in the way of reality.
You are dreaming if you think a 390 is gonna walk a new KX450. Put a guy who can ride that bike up against that 390 again and see what happens. Do a roll from 2nd or 3rd and see what happens. 😂 you are too much sometimes.
Hello Mitch Cooke? Tuna you are in denial. Stay tuned for the real MX models, we are wasting our time talking about enduro models.

Just because you ride them doesn't mean anything, everyone thinks Beta's "feel" slow until they check lap times and pull other bikes. More than a few top Vet rider's have said to me on the line how they couldn't believe I pulled them down the start. I know it's a 480, but totally stock, not even a starting device or a muffler.

Watch the red bike in this video:

5/28/2020 8:26am

Tuna wrote:
Jesus Johnny, stop comparing the Beta to a bunch of corked up low power Japanese trail bikes. We are talking about a KX450 here. I have...
Jesus Johnny, stop comparing the Beta to a bunch of corked up low power Japanese trail bikes.
We are talking about a KX450 here. I have seen at least a few dyno sheets showing the KX up 8 to 10hp. Just ride them, it’s pretty obvious.
They turned the Beta into an extremely expensive MOTOCROSS bike, so it needs to be compared with MOTOCROSS bikes, not other corked up trail bikes. When compared to MOTOCROSS bikes, it is a turd. As we all know, in the hands of a skilled rider, even a turd can go fast, but why bother? Why not just go out and buy a stock 450 motocross bike for thousands less and be done with it? The Beta trail bike spam on this MOTOCROSS forum is starting to get old. Come back when Beta actually decides to produce a competitive MOTOCROSS bike. Rant over. I’ll go away now.
Tuna
5/28/2020 8:46am

Tuna wrote:
Based on seeing what they make on the dyno Johnny, also the fact I get to ride all of them a lot and compare them to...
Hello Mitch Cooke? Tuna you are in denial. Stay tuned for the real MX models, we are wasting our time talking about enduro models. Just because...
Hello Mitch Cooke? Tuna you are in denial. Stay tuned for the real MX models, we are wasting our time talking about enduro models.

Just because you ride them doesn't mean anything, everyone thinks Beta's "feel" slow until they check lap times and pull other bikes. More than a few top Vet rider's have said to me on the line how they couldn't believe I pulled them down the start. I know it's a 480, but totally stock, not even a starting device or a muffler.

Watch the red bike in this video:

😂😂😂😂😂😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Johnny Depp
5/28/2020 8:52am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2020 8:55am
Tuna wrote:
Hmmm, interdasting.

KX 450 242.80
Tuna -12.00
Beta? 230.80

KTM 450 233.70 the lightest in class. For now?

Tuna
5/28/2020 10:26am
Tuna wrote:
Hmmm, interdasting.

KX 450 242.80
Tuna -12.00
Beta? 230.80

Johnny, the CMS 430 is a project bike. They shaved a bunch of weight off it to get it 12lbs less than the KX.
Johnny Depp
5/28/2020 10:52am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2020 10:53am
Tuna wrote:
Hmmm, interdasting.

KX 450 242.80
Tuna -12.00
Beta? 230.80

Tuna wrote:
Johnny, the CMS 430 is a project bike. They shaved a bunch of weight off it to get it 12lbs less than the KX.
Arrow Ti exhaust (most don't like the small headpipe) , Dubya wheels (bling) and what? That thing looks like a stocker.
The factory endurocross team runs a 2 spd. gearbox and TI bolt kit. THAT would shave some weight.
Tuna
5/28/2020 11:20am
Hmmm, interdasting.

KX 450 242.80
Tuna -12.00
Beta? 230.80

Tuna wrote:
Arrow Ti exhaust (most don't like the small headpipe) , Dubya wheels (bling) and what? That thing looks like a stocker. The factory endurocross team runs...
Arrow Ti exhaust (most don't like the small headpipe) , Dubya wheels (bling) and what? That thing looks like a stocker.
The factory endurocross team runs a 2 spd. gearbox and TI bolt kit. THAT would shave some weight.
Might look stock but it isn’t 😎

Post a reply to: Beta 430 Motocross Bike

The Latest