Beta MXGP Press Release

thehenk
3/2/2021 12:54am
JeepnMike wrote:
One of these days my brain will be able to differentiate between Beta and GasGas, for some reason on even on paper, the two seem the...
One of these days my brain will be able to differentiate between Beta and GasGas, for some reason on even on paper, the two seem the same. I have always just associated both brands to trials bikes and lumped them together for that reason.

It is rad Beta is officially entering MX, their bikes are works of art. Clean lines, fresh colors, good components. I hope they keep growing! (and stay independent of KTM).
I get it. I'm the same way.
theoretically, if 2 honda's,  2 gasgas, and 2 beta's are up front after the start. There will be 6 red bikes, it will be impossible to tell who is who 
3/2/2021 12:57am
What´s the difference compared to a Beta 300rr Racing Edition - aside from the taillight and front mask? Probably the valving in the suspension, but that´s...
What´s the difference compared to a Beta 300rr Racing Edition - aside from the taillight and front mask?

Probably the valving in the suspension, but that´s all I can figure.
Allright, I looked it up.

Blue rims
Rear is a 19inch
Exhaust seems to be different too
Johnny Depp
3/2/2021 7:17am
What´s the difference compared to a Beta 300rr Racing Edition - aside from the taillight and front mask? Probably the valving in the suspension, but that´s...
What´s the difference compared to a Beta 300rr Racing Edition - aside from the taillight and front mask?

Probably the valving in the suspension, but that´s all I can figure.
Allright, I looked it up.

Blue rims
Rear is a 19inch
Exhaust seems to be different too
More new parts numbers than you would think.

Going through the parts listings, so far new crank stuffer/weight, head, cylinder, carb, primary gears, shift lever, radiators and cap, water pump and hoses, silencer and pipe orings at the head, footpegs, subframe uprights, fuel tank rubber pad, fork legs and caps, front wheel, kill and start switch, tank cover and petcock, graphics, seat, fork leg protectors, number plate and mount, rear wheel, sprocket, shock, reservoir cap, spring retainer and shaft, battery, ECU, wiring harness, spark plug,

https://partsfinder.softway.it/beta/draw

The Shop

Press516
Fantasy
126th
3/4/2021 10:13am
The new bikes keep on coming from Beta. https://enduro21.com/en/bikes/latest/first-look-2021-beta-rr-125-lc-four-stroke Interesting technology, variable valve timing and combined braking system. I don't recall seeing either before on a...
The new bikes keep on coming from Beta.

https://enduro21.com/en/bikes/latest/first-look-2021-beta-rr-125-lc-fou…

Interesting technology, variable valve timing and combined braking system. I don't recall seeing either before on a dirt bike? Also 3 colors and a Supermoto version.
Dealer here in PHX had the 2020 125 4T and said that it just didn't have any umph in the motor... Hope this new 2021 has a bit more snap to it. Sure is a good looking bike.

And who can criticize them for expanding their line to include MX bikes? Van Horebeek is showing they've got a good platform to work with already.
1983YZ125
Fantasy
1568th
3/4/2021 10:27am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2021 10:28am
The new bikes keep on coming from Beta. https://enduro21.com/en/bikes/latest/first-look-2021-beta-rr-125-lc-four-stroke Interesting technology, variable valve timing and combined braking system. I don't recall seeing either before on a...
The new bikes keep on coming from Beta.

https://enduro21.com/en/bikes/latest/first-look-2021-beta-rr-125-lc-fou…

Interesting technology, variable valve timing and combined braking system. I don't recall seeing either before on a dirt bike? Also 3 colors and a Supermoto version.
Outside of new plastics and some minor updates, don't see anything special from what we had in previous years in the states.

We just sold a 2019 125 RR-S 4T that my wife had for just about a year. In theory, it's one of the best bikes on the market if you're looking for a full size "trail turd".

Brakes SUCK and that is saying it nicely.
Suspension is lacking, but to be expected on this type of bike.
Engine is gutless unless you ring it's neck. For me, i could make it do, but it did not suit my wifes riding style

It fills a void in the market (full size, relatively light weight, new rider friendly engine), but to get the price point they are at, you are taking compromises which IMO would push me to another bike having now owned one.

We have her on my old Xtrainer now and she's much happier on it.

The engine (is/was) based on a popular Yamaha 4T from overseas. Supposedly the Yamaha big bore is under $200 for the bike to go up to something like 180cc's. With the category its in, i believe they're limited to 15hp. I never could see doing this as the rest of the bike really isn't ideal for the higher HP.

Johnny Depp
3/15/2021 9:41am
Great Maiden Voyage for Team SDM Corse Beta and Jeremy Van Horebeek! 2nd Place in The Series 💪💪🔥🔥

Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
3/15/2021 10:34am
Great Maiden Voyage for Team SDM Corse Beta and Jeremy Van Horebeek! 2nd Place in The Series 💪💪🔥🔥 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/15/483139/s1200_D5F1DCC6_7E55_4A6A_8627_CFC2331CF776.jpg[/img]
Great Maiden Voyage for Team SDM Corse Beta and Jeremy Van Horebeek! 2nd Place in The Series 💪💪🔥🔥

Any news how is Jimmy Clochet doing?
TeamGreen
4/8/2021 11:55am
rmgsxr wrote:
New engine cases. No more kick start spot. Smaller looking lower end.
And...uh...yeah...

When will we able to buy one?
rmgsxr
4/8/2021 12:48pm
rmgsxr wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
And...uh...yeah...

Based on recent info, I'd say "IF" they do build it, it will be late this year that you will be able to buy one. Sounds like a production run late this year and another run in the spring of next year.
Mark Hite
4/8/2021 3:16pm
Dealers were emailed yesterday asking for a count of how many 450RX's they would anticipate wanting to order. The email stated November and March production runs.
Johnny Depp
4/8/2021 3:31pm
Mark Hite wrote:
Dealers were emailed yesterday asking for a count of how many 450RX's they would anticipate wanting to order. The email stated November and March production runs.
Interesting, and I'd guess directly related to the AMA homologation issue. The bikes would likely be SX eligible for '22...with the size of Beta's dealer network 400 units is a tall order.
TeamGreen
4/8/2021 3:37pm
rmgsxr wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
And...uh...yeah...

rmgsxr wrote:
Based on recent info, I'd say "IF" they do build it, it will be late this year that you will be able to buy one. Sounds...
Based on recent info, I'd say "IF" they do build it, it will be late this year that you will be able to buy one. Sounds like a production run late this year and another run in the spring of next year.
So, I send the deposit to Donnell’s Motorcycles NOW?!
Mark Hite
4/8/2021 4:06pm
Mark Hite wrote:
Interesting, and I'd guess directly related to the AMA homologation issue. The bikes would likely be SX eligible for '22...with the size of Beta's dealer network...
Interesting, and I'd guess directly related to the AMA homologation issue. The bikes would likely be SX eligible for '22...with the size of Beta's dealer network 400 units is a tall order.
I thought I read something about some discussions taking place about lowering that number for smaller manufactures, or maybe it was one of my crazy dreams from my Parkinson's medication. Either way, I know a local kid here in Vegas is attempting to qualify for Lorretta's on a 430 RR and Beta is trying to get it homologated. And your rumor about Beta/JGR seems to be gaining traction, it will be an interesting future that's for sure. But if the Two Stroke World Championship is any indication people want alternatives to multi-colored KTM lineup. Almost every person who passed by my 300 RX stopped and took a picture, it got almost comical.
rmgsxr
4/8/2021 4:28pm
TeamGreen wrote:
And...uh...yeah...

rmgsxr wrote:
Based on recent info, I'd say "IF" they do build it, it will be late this year that you will be able to buy one. Sounds...
TeamGreen wrote:
So, I send the deposit to Donnell’s Motorcycles NOW?!
Yes sir, we are taking deposits now.
4/8/2021 7:19pm
My 390 RR-S finally got unloaded off the cargo ship and is headed to Southern California next week along with a ton of 300 RR two smokers. I know bikes are hard to come by right now but if you live in SoCal and want a 300 RR I believe there will be a few available.

Post a reply to: Beta MXGP Press Release

The Latest