Beta Clinches 4 World Titles in Germany Today

Johnny Depp
Edited Date/Time 10/15/2018 12:50pm
1. EnduroGP (Overall) Steve Holcombe (2nd consecutive). Brad Freeman is likely to finish 3rd.
They finished 1-2 Overall today.

2. E3 (over 250 2t & over 450 4t) Steve Holcombe (3rd consecutive)

Supertest Overall Steve Holcombe

Italian National Champion Steve Holcombe

3. E1 (up to250 2t & 4t) Brad Freeman

4. Junior 1 (under 23 yrs and up to 250 2t & 4t) Matteo Cavallo (2nd consecutive Beta win)

This is an amazing accomplishment and is making a serious mark in the record books in FIM World Championship EnduroGP.

This type of competition represents the most diverse type of competition for dirt bikes on the planet. The courses have everything from snow, rocks, extreme, grass track, Motocross, Endurocross and traditional Enduro single track. Against the best bikes and riders in the World, this little Italian company has dominated the competition to the point that all of the Championships were clinched before the final round Sunday.

Congratulations to Beta, the team Manager Fabrizio Dini and Steve Holcombe. Also congratulations to the Costa Ligure Beta Boano team and their team Manager Jarno Boano who have pulled off 2 titles and consistently find new talent such as Brad Freeman and Matteo Cavallo.

https://enduro21.com/index.php/endurogp/3643-results-feed-day-1-endurog…

http://www.endurogp.org/en

HOLCOMBE On Top of the World!

As expected after the Grand Prix of France and this domination all season, this first day of the final round of 2018 saw Steve HOLCOMBE (GB - Beta) conquer both the E3 and EnduroGP titles, and Brad FREEMAN (GB - Beta Boano) win his first senior title, becoming the World E1 Champion. Let’s look back at this day full of emotion...

Steve HOLCOMBE only needed a handful of points to win his second consecutive title in EnduroGP... but instead of just doing what was necessary, he rode brilliantly, and the Factory Beta rider took his 5th win of the year after a good battle with Brad FREEMAN. Today was confirmation of his dominance and rise to power throughout a year which started with fractures to his ribs in Spain and ended in style; riding at a very high level in the last three GPs of the season. FREEMAN, anxious to finish the job in E1, kept his compatriot honest all day in the overall and lost out on the EGP win by just 5 seconds! Behind the two stars of this day, it was Eero REMES (SF - TM) who took the 16 points for 3rd place, 9 seconds ahead of Loïc LARRIEU (F - Yamaha). Alex SALVINI (I - Husqvarna) closed out the top 5 in front of the MCCANNEY brothers, Danny (GB - Gas Gas) and Jamie (GB - Yamaha). Special mention also for the local rider Christian BROCKEL (D - KTM) who finished 15th on this first day of the Maxxis German GP!

Steve HOLCOMBE : “I’m so relieved to win this second title! The year started so badly with my rib fracture, but after the GP of Trentino I refocused and I spent my summer preparing for the last three GPs... It worked perfectly and I am very proud to be crowned EGP World Champion for the second year in a row!”

Brad FREEMAN : “So many emotions ... so many emotions! It's just amazing... I can hardly speak! We did it... World E1 Champion! It sounds so good to say it! So many sacrifices all year but it's worth it!”

https://www.facebook.com/EnduroGP/

Here's a photo tribute to Steve Holcombe (not all from this year).

Late edit for the poll: Some of you may think the chance of a podium at MXON is ridiculous. For those that forgot, a member of last year's (2017) winning French team at MXON and winning French ISDE team rode EnduroGP this year for Beta. Christophe Charlier did not have a good year, currently sitting 11th.
Poll

Level of MX respect for Off Road Racers

Choices
|
Johnny Depp
10/13/2018 11:23am
Brad Freeman E1 Champion and 2017 Junior Champion. Likely 3rd Overall EnduroGP (Sunday still pending)

Kanista
10/13/2018 11:29am
Now keep in mind ktm factory is not around.
Johnny Depp
10/13/2018 11:40am Edited Date/Time 10/13/2018 11:41am
Kanista wrote:
It would be great if they were, like in '16 & '17 (where Sherco & Beta won). Alex Salvini on the Zanardo Husqvarna was essentially a factory rider (Team Beta last year) and had a fantastic season if not for 2 mechanicals he may have been Champion.

The Shop

10/13/2018 1:56pm
I know Brad. His Aunty and Uncle are really good friends of ours, Brad even did 2 weeks work experience with us a few years ago. So dammed happy for him!!! He's so down to earth and completely humble about his (undeniable) talent. And I can assure you, that kid can seriously haul ass round an Mx track. He turned up to Hawkstone ones year and wiped the floor with everyone, on an enduro bike, complete with lights!
Johnny Depp
10/14/2018 7:36am
Kanista wrote:
It would be great if they were, like in '16 & '17 (where Sherco & Beta won). Alex Salvini on the Zanardo Husqvarna was essentially a...
It would be great if they were, like in '16 & '17 (where Sherco & Beta won). Alex Salvini on the Zanardo Husqvarna was essentially a factory rider (Team Beta last year) and had a fantastic season if not for 2 mechanicals he may have been Champion.

Alex is out of today's race with a mechanical related to the FI Cable. I'm gutted for him, he certainly was in top form this year, and after missing out on the overall title, he has now lost the E2 title in which he had a huge points lead.
The title will now likely go to Eero Remes on the TM.
Johnny Depp
10/15/2018 12:17pm
Final Days results are in. Beta takes 1st and 2nd, TM 3rd.

EnduroGP championship
1.Steve Holcombe Beta Factory Racing 248 points (6 wins, 4 x 2nd, 1 x 3rd)
2.Bradley Freeman Beta Boano Racing 201 points (1 win, 3 x 2nd, 3 x 3rd)
3.Eero Remes TM Factory Racing 193 points (1 x win, 2 x 2nd, 3 x 3rd)

It's a very interesting series that allows 2t's and 4t's to compete directly, and has an Overall Champion that takes in all classes (except Juniors). Too bad MX doesn't have something like this. Having multiple manufacturer's compete on all types of bikes really adds interest.

https://www.enduro21.com/index.php/endurogp/3650-endurogp-2018-who-fini…
magoo1982
10/15/2018 12:50pm
Great Post !!! , nice to see riders and competition from around the globe ..

Post a reply to: Beta Clinches 4 World Titles in Germany Today

The Latest