Beta 390 or Exc/Fe 350?

12/9/2019 7:10am
mmcmx wrote:
I rode all '20 betas a couple months back. Everyone seemed to fall in love with the 390. I liked the 430 better though... You should...
I rode all '20 betas a couple months back. Everyone seemed to fall in love with the 390. I liked the 430 better though...

You should try them before deciding
I see niceSmile im sure the 430 would be to much for me. can you like go to a dealer and say "i will guaranteed buy 1 of the bikes, can i test ride both of them and see which 1 to buy?"
12/9/2019 7:11am
Lasse wrote:
75% street riding? Then don't buy a hardcore dirtbike like the models you're mentioning now.
Nah i will.
gsxr6
12/9/2019 2:43pm
Just please buy a go pro and post video of your first rides. Will be epic
Spergen
12/9/2019 3:51pm
Lasse wrote:
75% street riding? Then don't buy a hardcore dirtbike like the models you're mentioning now.
With you 100% but more of a relevant question would be what tyres should I use. I ride 4 miles on road to get to my off road practice area of woodland/hills. If I fit new enduro rubber they are already crap by the time I'm at my riding area.

If I go for duel sport type tyres they handle the road great but are absolutely garbage off road with next to no grip.

The Shop

Johnny Depp
12/9/2019 7:20pm
Lasse wrote:
Spergen wrote:
With you 100% but more of a relevant question would be what tyres should I use. I ride 4 miles on road to get to my...
With you 100% but more of a relevant question would be what tyres should I use. I ride 4 miles on road to get to my off road practice area of woodland/hills. If I fit new enduro rubber they are already crap by the time I'm at my riding area.

If I go for duel sport type tyres they handle the road great but are absolutely garbage off road with next to no grip.
Michelin or Metzeler DOT FIM rated is a good start.
walleyeguy
12/10/2019 5:41am
walleyeguy wrote:
Go with a Husky FX 350. I feel its the perfect on/off road weapon. No emission and in Pa I had it street legal with a...
Go with a Husky FX 350. I feel its the perfect on/off road weapon. No emission and in Pa I had it street legal with a tusk dual sport kit, Amazon LED headlight, trail tech speedo and I went ahead an purchased a high output stator for $200. Total cost to street legal a 100% dirtbike? $520.
Patric2000 wrote:
Oh damn thats exciting to hear because i have never seen an opinion to turn a 100% dirt bike as you said to street legal! DAMN...
Oh damn thats exciting to hear because i have never seen an opinion to turn a 100% dirt bike as you said to street legal! DAMN :D Is the Fx 350 much stronger than the Fe 350? :o Im gonna youtube and google that bike up right now thx dude, WONT IT BE REVVY ASF ON HIGHER SPEEDS SINCE ITS A RACE BIKE? thogh??
I wouldn't want to take it down the interstate very far but it easily cruises around 55-60 depending on if I have the 13t or the 14t front sprocket on. So it depends on what you consider "High speeds". Yes 80 would be over revving it but 60 it is just purring. YES it is way "stronger" than an FE. The FX is basically an FC with a 6 speed tranny.
walleyeguy
12/10/2019 5:48am
Lasse wrote:
Spergen wrote:
With you 100% but more of a relevant question would be what tyres should I use. I ride 4 miles on road to get to my...

Try out the Sedona MX907HP. No technically they are not DOT but they "look" DOT and so far that has been good enough to pass inspections and being pulled over for my licence plate that fell off. They handle great on the road and even better off road. I even prefer them on the track over Dunlop MX52's.
12/10/2019 9:07am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2019 9:07am
gsxr6 wrote:
Lul i will
12/10/2019 9:09am
walleyeguy wrote:
Go with a Husky FX 350. I feel its the perfect on/off road weapon. No emission and in Pa I had it street legal with a...
Go with a Husky FX 350. I feel its the perfect on/off road weapon. No emission and in Pa I had it street legal with a tusk dual sport kit, Amazon LED headlight, trail tech speedo and I went ahead an purchased a high output stator for $200. Total cost to street legal a 100% dirtbike? $520.
Patric2000 wrote:
Oh damn thats exciting to hear because i have never seen an opinion to turn a 100% dirt bike as you said to street legal! DAMN...
Oh damn thats exciting to hear because i have never seen an opinion to turn a 100% dirt bike as you said to street legal! DAMN :D Is the Fx 350 much stronger than the Fe 350? :o Im gonna youtube and google that bike up right now thx dude, WONT IT BE REVVY ASF ON HIGHER SPEEDS SINCE ITS A RACE BIKE? thogh??
walleyeguy wrote:
I wouldn't want to take it down the interstate very far but it easily cruises around 55-60 depending on if I have the 13t or the...
I wouldn't want to take it down the interstate very far but it easily cruises around 55-60 depending on if I have the 13t or the 14t front sprocket on. So it depends on what you consider "High speeds". Yes 80 would be over revving it but 60 it is just purring. YES it is way "stronger" than an FE. The FX is basically an FC with a 6 speed tranny.
Hmm I seee, ty for the info
Johnny Depp
12/10/2019 9:14am
walleyeguy wrote:
Patric2000 wrote:
walleyeguy wrote:
I wouldn't want to take it down the interstate very far but it easily cruises around 55-60 depending on if I have the 13t or the...
100 mph with standard 15t and 6 speed without over revving on a Beta. If you plan to go over 50mph balance your wheels.

These engines (and KTM's) have been known to go 600 hours without ever even adjusting the valves. There are plenty of videos of people riding them cross continent and around the world so I wouldn't be too worried about commuting or to the trails.
12/10/2019 3:53pm
Patric2000 wrote:
walleyeguy wrote:
100 mph with standard 15t and 6 speed without over revving on a Beta. If you plan to go over 50mph balance your wheels. These engines...
100 mph with standard 15t and 6 speed without over revving on a Beta. If you plan to go over 50mph balance your wheels.

These engines (and KTM's) have been known to go 600 hours without ever even adjusting the valves. There are plenty of videos of people riding them cross continent and around the world so I wouldn't be too worried about commuting or to the trails.
100 mph no over rev????? Lol, alright brother nice to know, now i wont take in what people that its bad for commuting etc👍

Post a reply to: Beta 390 or Exc/Fe 350?

The Latest