Beta 125rr

gmurr1
Edited Date/Time 8/4/2018 6:56pm
Anyone on here have one?
How do you like?
Does it lug fairly well?
How does it handle MX track?
How is it in the single track and woods?

I mostly ride in the woods of PA but hit the tracks once in a blue moon. I found a great deal on one and am very interested. I know it will be more work to ride then say a 250/300 but I think it could be a good stepping stone into bigger bikes.

Thanks
|
BAMX
8/1/2018 6:41am
Jimmy Lewis has a good review over at Dirt Bike Test.
GODZILLA
8/1/2018 7:39am
I was about to say "my girlfriend rode one and found it very weak and slow"...
Then I realized their new 2 stroke goes by the same name.
Laughing

gmurr1
8/1/2018 10:16am
GODZILLA wrote:
Really looking forward to try the new 200, though. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/01/278111/s1200_Beta_RR_200_front_static_Enduro21_560.jpg[/img]
Really looking forward to try the new 200, though.

Yeah, that 200 looks sweet but It's about $2000 grand more then I can get the 125.

The Shop

jleews6
8/1/2018 10:50am
gmurr1 wrote:
Anyone on here have one? How do you like? Does it lug fairly well? How does it handle MX track? How is it in the single...
Anyone on here have one?
How do you like?
Does it lug fairly well?

I mostly ride in the woods of PA but hit the tracks once in a blue moon. I found a great deal on one and am very interested. I know it will be more work to ride then say a 250/300 but I think it could be a good stepping stone into bigger bikes.

Thanks
My son just bought a new 250RR and loves it. He also rode the 125 and said he loved that to. He said that he was impressed with the overall power and said that it was more fun then his 250.
Give my friend Scott at Allsport cycles a call,he will give you a great deal on one.
http://www.allsportcycles.com/

gmurr1
8/2/2018 7:07am
gmurr1 wrote:
Anyone on here have one? How do you like? Does it lug fairly well? How does it handle MX track? How is it in the single...
Anyone on here have one?
How do you like?
Does it lug fairly well?

Thanks
jleews6 wrote:
My son just bought a new 250RR and loves it. He also rode the 125 and said he loved that to. He said that he was...
My son just bought a new 250RR and loves it. He also rode the 125 and said he loved that to. He said that he was impressed with the overall power and said that it was more fun then his 250.
Give my friend Scott at Allsport cycles a call,he will give you a great deal on one.

I checked out All sports. It's about a 6 hour one way drive. I have a dealership about 2hrs away that is giving me a great dealSmile

How did you son feel the bottom end was? Did he get to ride on on some single track?

My biggest concern is the bottom end and the lugging ability of it.

Anyone else using a 125 as woods bike? How did you like it?

MX915
8/2/2018 7:34am
Not exactly apples to apples, but I use a 150 as my hare scrambles bike and for me it's almost perfect. Not tiring, can hang on for the full 2 hours, super light weight.

Johnny Depp
8/2/2018 7:41am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2018 7:49am

The 125 RR is the 2-stroke which is new for '18. The 125 RR-S (street) is the 4 stroke which has been around a few years as a beginner/woman's bike.

https://dirtbikemagazine.com/beta-125rr-two-stroke/

http://adbmag.com.au/editorial/tested-2018-beta-rr125/

The 125 RR is supposed to have great low end (for a 125). The 250 RR is listed at the same price $7999, but if you can get a deal on dealer stock, and depending on what you are looking for...The 2t '19's are arriving this month, except the 200 which is slated for Nov. The RR-S 4t's arrive in Sept. It's a damn shame, but the Race Editions don't become available until early next year, and the '18's are sold out at the warehouse, as are the Dual Sport RR-S's. Some dealers still have stock.
bestmx
8/2/2018 10:49am
gmurr1 wrote:
Anyone on here have one?
How do you like?
Does it lug fairly well?

Thanks
jleews6 wrote:
My son just bought a new 250RR and loves it. He also rode the 125 and said he loved that to. He said that he was...

gmurr1 wrote:
I checked out All sports. It's about a 6 hour one way drive. I have a dealership about 2hrs away that is giving me a great...
I checked out All sports. It's about a 6 hour one way drive. I have a dealership about 2hrs away that is giving me a great dealSmile

How did you son feel the bottom end was? Did he get to ride on on some single track?

Interested in one of these or the Sherco 125, so I'll follow your post and see how you get on!

For me, this is my first year riding enduro. I started the season off on my CR 250. Long story short, multiple injuries to my right hand/ arm, I really struggled holding on. The vibrations from the big 250, along with twinwalls, soft renthal single compound grips for 4 hours of racing were destroying my hands!

My brother wanted to do his first enduro race (he has a YZ 125), so I got my YZ 125 out to make it an even battle and I've ridden the YZ the last two races! I love the 125 so much. So nippy for the tight wooded sections and no issues on the big climbs!

I also really recommend the TAG Rebound grips - tough to say being a loyal Renthal guy, but those grips really have saved me/ allowed me to ride.

Love to know how you find the Beta!
gmurr1
8/2/2018 12:58pm
jleews6 wrote:

gmurr1 wrote:
I checked out All sports. It's about a 6 hour one way drive. I have a dealership about 2hrs away that is giving me a great...

bestmx wrote:
Interested in one of these or the Sherco 125, so I'll follow your post and see how you get on! For me, this is my first...
Interested in one of these or the Sherco 125, so I'll follow your post and see how you get on!

For me, this is my first year riding enduro. I started the season off on my CR 250. Long story short, multiple injuries to my right hand/ arm, I really struggled holding on. The vibrations from the big 250, along with twinwalls, soft renthal single compound grips for 4 hours of racing were destroying my hands!

My brother wanted to do his first enduro race (he has a YZ 125), so I got my YZ 125 out to make it an even battle and I've ridden the YZ the last two races! I love the 125 so much. So nippy for the tight wooded sections and no issues on the big climbs!

I also really recommend the TAG Rebound grips - tough to say being a loyal Renthal guy, but those grips really have saved me/ allowed me to ride.

Love to know how you find the Beta!
Nice 250! Yeah, a lot of people seem to like the yz 125 in the woods. This Beta is supposed to be about the same on the bottom but have a little more up top and a 6 speed transmission. So I think it would be a super fun bike. If I end up getting it I'll update this thread.
Tuna
8/4/2018 9:17am
The Beta has more bottom than the YZ. Once you dial the jetting in its fantastic.
gmurr1
8/4/2018 2:00pm
Tuna wrote:
The Beta has more bottom than the YZ. Once you dial the jetting in its fantastic.
So you can affect the bottom end of the motor just with jets? Obviously I don't no to much about jetting. How about changing the gearing with the sprockets?

Are you at sea level? I live in PA so we ridefrom around 200' up to about 1500' I'm guessing never really looked it up. What jets did you put in it?

What part of Canada are you from? I'm originally from Windsor ON
agn5009
8/4/2018 2:46pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2018 2:48pm
Tuna wrote:
gmurr1 wrote:
So you can affect the bottom end of the motor just with jets? Obviously I don't no to much about jetting. How about changing the gearing...
So you can affect the bottom end of the motor just with jets? Obviously I don't no to much about jetting. How about changing the gearing with the sprockets?

Are you at sea level? I live in PA so we ridefrom around 200' up to about 1500' I'm guessing never really looked it up. What jets did you put in it?

Yes you can affect the overall power delivery of the bike by switching jets. I live in PA as well. Get the JD jet kit for the bike and be done with it. It's a very well spent $80. You'll never have to worry about jetting again. It's very easy to follow the directions and very easy to install.
Tuna
8/4/2018 6:54pm
Tuna wrote:
gmurr1 wrote:
So you can affect the bottom end of the motor just with jets? Obviously I don't no to much about jetting. How about changing the gearing...

I did the break in ride on one of the first units in North America. Sea level and teams were pretty cool, still some ice on the ground and we ran studded tires. Pilot was lean. Once dialed in for temps the bike ripped. It’s a great 125 for the woods. I did plenty of steep technical climbs. Didn’t need to shift as much as a YZ. I’d like to try a shorty silencer on one and see how it works. I should be able to try the 200 as soon as it arrives. Was supposed to be Aug. but it’s goin* to be later now.
Tuna
8/4/2018 6:56pm
I’m from NS but live in NB. The Beta distributor for Canada is based out of Halifax. All the units arrive at the port in Halifax.
gmurr1
8/6/2018 7:19pm
Tuna wrote:
I’m from NS but live in NB. The Beta distributor for Canada is based out of Halifax. All the units arrive at the port in Halifax.
What are the chances of the 200's actually coming in in November?

Post a reply to: Beta 125rr

The Latest